Bruh

Bruh

Look at this dude

crazy how the human brain can still tell this is fake despite how real it looks

Horrible Tarkin.

in the still it looks pretty real. the problem with it in action was the eye movement and more importantly, his eyes were crossed, whereas the original actor's weren't. weta got the eyes right for the new planet of the apes, they needed those eye guys on this project.

That's just so bizarre. By the way, did you know that the brain cells are replaced completely after 8 years?

I agree with you that it's pretty good, especially considering how far we've come in 20 years, but they still shouldn't have put this in a movie.

Tarkin was probably hard to do because Cushing had tons of wrinkles and lines on his face.

Leia was actually passable.

None of them are passable. Your memory and ability to identify and retain facial features is poor.

>None of them are passable. Your memory and ability to identify and retain facial features is poor

Maybe user, I could tell that Leia was fake but she was better than Tarkin by a substantial margin.

how would we retain memories then

If I didn't know ahead of time maybe I wouldn't have noticed, but when I saw it I thought he looked like a character in Civilization V.

rachel in blade runner 2049 and the apes in war for the planet of the apes was god-tier compared to this shit. to think ILM was was years ahead of everyone else just a decade ago. this will look as bad as the scorpion king in about 3 years.

It looked just terrible in motion.

young kurt russel in guardians of the galaxy was pretty amazing though... tarkin / leia not so much

I would also like to know this

>Ship of Theseus

reminder that Peter wasn't a fucking bitch and as a huge proponent of Resurrection and rebirth, would have been flattered to get work beyond the grave.

Shame its not peter then eh. Also looks, sounds, and acts like not peter.

Not bad actually, the lighting helps.

her face was too smooth compared to real life.

Honestly the only thing weird about him was how tall he was. In episode 4 he is 6ft tall. Krennic is 5'11" yet when the two stood next to each other on screen it was a 6ft 5'11" meme in the making.

I didn't know it was fake when I saw the movie. I thought that nigger was still alive. The same actor played that sheev in the 70's is still alive.

looks fine

This one genuinely look real but still a bit off in terms of expressions.

It creeped me out.

Would you really rather have no Tarkin, just because you could tell he was CGI? Who else would cuck director kekkic

I was pretty awe-struck when she came up in the movie, those special effects were insanely good. Probably the best cgi face of all time.

Also interesting how they pulled it off, apparently it was a combination of CGI on top of an actress that has similar face structure to Sean Young, and actual Sean Young compositing on top of all of that.
Which is why she was credited in the movie.

Took them a year for those 2 minutes of screen time to get it right.

I think it's a lot more obvious in motion.

When they talk there's a rubbery-ness to their face. The right parts don't move in synchronisation with the mouth and some parts that should move don't.

In theaters my retarded friend leaned over and asked if she was Katy Perry.

Aside from this scene, I couldn't actually tell if it was Paul or not most of the time.

Deaging an actor and resurrecting a corpse are two very different things.

Tarkin looked great and his voice actor was on the nose.
This abomination needed to be set ablaze before it replicated and destroyed the crew.

I think they kinda cheated with this one, because it was clearly more an actual human with some CGI modification rather than an almost total recreation like Tarkin. It didn't really look like Sean Young, which was part of the point of the scene

Based Joe-Poster fooled pretty much everyone in this thread.

fuck you Klayton

Right, I'm just saying they used more CGI in Rogue One and more of the human actor in BR

>it didn't really look like Sean Young
Funny considering it actually was Sean Young.

imagine a horror movie like Invasion of the Bodysnatchers where all the bodysnatched/monster people in disguise had the uncanny valley CGI realism and the normal people were real actors, I think it would be pretty unnerving.

I would seriously bet Joe Rogan has said more incorrect scientific shit than correct. Brain = CNS for you dummies btw

stfu joe

I'd watch it.

was really very obvious when she talked

what about penis cells

Imagine

For one second

Being this retarded

If this doesn’t look like a shitty cartoon to you then you’re fucking blind and retarded

The moment she spoke the spell wore off. The animation is not quite right.

The issue was he moved around TOO much with a lot of exaggeration which made him look CGI.

I think when he was standing looking at the window and you just saw him in the reflection it looked 100% real and they should have just left it at that.

why didn't they just give this slut brown contacts and call it a day?

It was well done in parts, I knew it had to be cgi because it looked a bit weird plus Cushing is dead, but but most people I know didnt even realize he was a cgi character

No, it was an actress called Loren Peta.

Because he was 30ish with heavy makeup when he played him in the Eighties. The Emperor was never portrayed in the 70's.

you talking about someone else

they were this close to making it out of the uncanny valley. props to them

Nope. I know this thread is about Governor Tarkin as originally portrayed by Peter Cushing, but reread what this says:
>The same actor played that sheev in the 70's is still alive.

The Emperor, also known as Palpatine or Darth Sidious, received a first name only as late as 2014 and only within Disney canon, and that name is Sheev "Lightning up my sleeve" Palpatine.

>Lightning up my sleeve
>Up My Sleeves
do you think sheev would be a DG listener? i could see it

Leia looked worse

Both of them are passable.

If any of this was the reason you didn't like movie, you may consider the possibility that you are autistic.

What Polar Express scene is this?

>eyes are too large
>face is too symmetric
>mouth is fucked
>looks like a video game
OH NO NO NO NO

WHO IS THIS QT WOWEE

Mind if I do.

this looks REALLY good.....until it moves..

Wasn't Young confirmed to be in it outside of archival footage though?

Her face is having its own star war

SO CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CAST HER INSTEAD OF THE ROBOT

wew

this is actually a cool idea

Face motion capture I think?

male gametes are on there @ 2 months otherwise you would look under skin tendon (probably lower than bone) and muscle (higher than bone but lower than skin )

I'd rather have no movie. Rogue One was so goddamn pointless.