Now that Justice League flopped hard, what's the future for DCEU?

Now that Justice League flopped hard, what's the future for DCEU?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1966_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1989_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_(1997_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Returns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=78N2SP6JFaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

they are going to reboot the entire thing with Flashpoint

more flops

>Suicide Squad
>BvS inspired by Dark Knight Returns

So much potential. I want to blame Disney/Marvel for fucking up great concepts by convincing WB to make it quick shit that takes no risks but I'll never know for sure. Extremely disappointing.

That's fucking stupid. No Flashpoint, that's just throwing good money after bad. Just reboot the damn thing, no need for in-story justification. We didn't need some major story line to explain the shift from Burton to Nolan, we sure as hell don't need some bullshit to excuse why you need to start a new setting.

They're planning to to Shazam and Aquaman stories which should be interesting in that they've been riding on the coattails of Batman, Superman and the Joker this whole time. How will they handle a movie not based around a character everyone and their mom can recognize?

OH NO NO NO

>it got $647 million
>flopped
stay mad Marvelcuck.

>shazam
>aquaman

after justice league and bvs flops, there's no way in hell those films are gonna be made

i think warner will just stick with doing countless batman movies, and a superman movie time from time

>what's the future for DCEU?

getting laughed out of Hollywood

>being this desilusional

warner was probably hoping to make as much as Avengers did. But JL won't surpass fucking Man of Steel.

Considering how much they spent if din't did at least a billion he would not even repay itself

people like wonder woman and you can't reboot every one else but keep wonder woman. with flashpoint you can.

Let it die.

>made less money then man of steel but had nearly twice its budget
JUST

The Avengers made more than that with what were essentially a bunch of nobodies. It's embarrassing that 3 famous characters got outclassed this badly. It flopped, deal with it. You can pull some stupid us vs them crap all you like, it's still not going to change anything.

How long will something like that even work for? How many shitty Batman movies can the franchise tank before people just stop going? Or will the brand live on forever due to "Just turn off your brain bro lol I'm just here to see Batman punch dudes lol literally what's a plot?" viewers like Transformers?

Yes you can. It's not like people will suddenly go, oh it's a new setting, must mean that suddenly they don't know anything about Wonder Woman again. Hell, part of the common complains with spider-man is that people don't need another intro of his uncle dying. And freaking BvS also gave us Batman without the need for another origin. So no, you don't need flashpoint. Just start over like any other cape movies. People will still remember that they liked WW, they won't suddenly stop liking wonder woman just because it's a new verse.

And flashpoint is a shit story anyway. I'm beginning to suspect that it's mainly casuals who keep going on about it because it's one of the few major arcs they know.

Rebooted obviously

it flopped, stay mad DCuck

I'm gonna miss Henry Cavill as Superman. He could've been the new Christopher Reeves if Zack Snyder wasn't such a retard.

>The DCEUs 'Avengers' will make less than a literal who wizard which had half the budget
>Not a flop
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Remember when DCucks were claiming this movie would destroy Thor?

I finally watched this tonight and thought it was pretty good. A little better than BvsS and much better than MoS. Can't compare to WW since that was a solo outing and I didn't really like it except for Pine who stole every scene.
What was the real complaints again? Mine are:
>Simmons needed more scenes
>the reshoots were a bit noticeable
>the mustache removal was very noticeable
>I still don't get what actually happened to Cyborg and how Flash got his powers

BvsS was too long and this too short.

I think he means you can't keep Gal and recast everyone else but then pretend the stories are unrelated.

shouldn't you indians be defending TLJ for rupees?

This film did very well and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

All these people saying it's a bad movie are dumb.

This... except I do think it under performed. Makes me wonder if Sup Forums is fucking with me on TLJ too but I won't see that shit for a couple months.

It feels...small.

It's a small movie, it doesn't feel like some epic event or culmination, it's like-here, have yet another DC movie.

People love to shit on Avengers these days, i know, but at the time it felt BIG.

This is just...i might as well have been watching a standalone Aquaman movie forthe impact it had.

I like the changes to Superman though.

says the DCpajeet lmao

Aquaman is already in post moron. Shazam shoots in a few weeks

Superman stole the show. You really needed Joss Whedon to get him right, really?

Unfortunately Batman also lost all his edge

Dc has been milking the bat titties since tim burton. 4 successful movies, one flop, 8 years without batman and then Nolan came and made batman great again. Just making solid batman movies time from time will keep warner happy and free from major disasters like JL

The picture you posted literally shows Ragnarok is still making more money per theater despite being released for 3 weeks longer, as well as it's domestic total being $86 million more. Also TLJ passed JUSTice League worldwide in 10 days

You know what you are right it did feel a bit small for DC's big show I agree with that. I am not a Snyderfag but do wonder what his 3 hour long version would have been had he finished it. I have only seen the Ultimate BvsS so maybe that is why I don't shit on that movie.
I hate superman as a character so I can't comment on him I wish he stayed dead.

>Aquaman is already in post
Is that an origin or after JL? I thought he was pretty good and the part where he had the lasso on was kinda funny.

Batman needed something else in this movie. I don't know what it was. Should have had him fuck WW.

>even Ben Affleck is trying to get away from the clusterfuck DCEU has become
>DCucks will still defend it

never change, DCfags

The movie was a flop and it's objectively bad

>Should have had him fuck WW.

would have made the dreams of every JL animated show fan come true

Get a load of this retard

It's because it's ostly empty. Very few extras, no military, most of the movie is in isolated areas, theleague feels like they're fighting for no one and against no one since the threats is bug people and a horned guy.

Steppenwolf, really? You have your first ever justice league movie, and you choose Darkseid's retarded henchman?

So this is the power of DCuck denial

Where was the damn budget on this movie? It did have the feeling of moving from soundstage to soundstage. I don't know enough about DC lore to comment on the villain but I had no problem with him. Villains are week as fuck in capeshit for a decade now.

Did they hook up in canon or something? Obviously they were hinting at it.

If they stop hiring snyder things will improve drastically, only literal retards believe that wonder woman wasn't better than the other DCEU movies and all MCU movies this year

Making superhero movies is extremely easy, Snyder is literally autistic that's why he fucked everything up.

>winning the fight
>hears people in trouble
>immediately surrenders the advantage to go help them

Holy fuck, it's superman!

And then he...he laughs when the bomb thing explodes and makes Cyborg laugh too...

What is this sorcery?

It was a kids show so no, but they were basically eye-fucking all the time in the animated show

Is the next one really just Aquaman in a year? How many movies does Marvel have in that year?

Fuck this sucks because I like the contrast from the MCU. Let Marvel be more for kids (Star Wars) and DC be for adults (Star Trek). I like both franchises so I am bummed that we are gonna get marvels template on everything.

ok thx

>DC for adults
That's stupid, Superman was created to appeal to families and he's being like that for 80 years.

Thats like making mlp for Adults because of ponifags

>grim and gritty = adult

oh i miss being 12 years old

>Where was the budget
Clearly not put into the movie itself

>for adults

Are you daft? Superman is made for children, it's the original power fantasy, similiar to superheroes in general

>mfw no matter how many shitty flicks marvel pumps out DC will always have gotten that oscar first

>Thor 3 budget: 180,000,000 +marketing
>Thor 3 total: $846,097,664
>JUST League budget: $300,000,000 +marketing
>JUST League total: $647,133,455
LMFAO

Looking forward to my Cyborg solo movie in 2020. I think that one is still on track.

It will be Static Shock and you know it

Static sells

One oscar for an actor who commited suicide and one oscar for make-up, sure. And yes,D C came first. They did make the first capekino, and the first good capeshit films.

But Marvel will catch up. They managed to make a cinematic universe, something DC took years to pull off, and eventually, they'll get that Oscar.

>All that budget buffening was because of Marvel's own Joss Sweden
Brabo you just showed how incompetent Marvel directors are

Marvel has 17 movies out and not one Oscar.
It only took DC movie 3 movies and 2 years

If I were in charge, I'd make a Wonder Woman sequel that retcons BvS and everything after. It'd start from Wonder Woman's perspective during Zod's invasion.

Holy shit guys I just meant that having a more serious tone with minimal quips and maybe some blood and sex could be DCs thing and Marvel could have the bit more cartoony stuff.
Put it this way:
>when I wanna smoke a joint and laugh and not think I can go enjoy the MCU
>when I wanna have some scotch and watch something with a bit more edge I watch DC

Right, and Thor's not a marvel movie that outgrossed its own budget.

DCEUnuchs, I swear.

>proud of an oscar for makeup
lmao

Yeah, this shitty movie is getting fucked AND Joe "Pig Fucker" Sweden gets to carry some of the blame and get marked, and also got that sjw shit ass fucking him so I'm pretty satisfied. Marvel is so good even a shit director like that can succeed, whereas DC is where directors go to get thrashed and shit on and torn apart alongside their movies.

oh yeah that happened, and for Suicide Squad of all films

Don't worry man, they mostly trying to troll superman fans, it's not about you. They jelly they don't have cvill pecks

T2, Fury Road, and The Fly also won an Oscar for makeup
Are you telling me those films mean nothing now?
Makeup and hairstyling plays a big role in movies too, without it you'd see Chris Evans hairplugless receded hairline

ok thanks I usually don't participate in these threads but since I finally watched JL I wanted to give my 2 cents. People are way too fucking into this shit.

As a Marvel fanboy I'm with you for a different reason. Capeshit is always gonna be high budget pg-13 or low budget and r-rated, it's been that way for ages. A man can dream but there was no way in hell DC was gonna be genuinly 'mature' and still have any sort of funding.

I seriously wanted JL to be good to give Marvel some competition to ensure quality. Marvel dominates the super-hero scene so thourghly they may as well decide there's no point in putting in an effort and punch out formulaic shot from Infinity War on out.

> Inb4 they already do that

Unirinically no

the makeup still has to be...good?

>projecting

who said anything about Cavill until your brought him up?
>People are way too fucking into this shit

you can say that again, it's just he sign of the times

Marvels have the superior bodies. Evans matches Cavill for balloon tits and Hemsworth shits on him. And none of them have shit on best Superman anyway, pic related

>People are way too fucking into this shit.
they are just way too into Sup Forums. they all believe they are that smug photo who are always burning the fuck out of everyone. you wont find discussion here. maybe 1 or 2 posts while the other 15 are shit thats one words or something sexual. this place is good for news, but not discussing that news

I agree, it's just silly shit, but you know, it's what people grew up with

>Are you telling me those films mean nothing now?
DCuck logic lmao

It did.

And even without the reshoots its budget was much higher than Thors, and still would've made less money
>Bravo you just showed how incompetent Marvel directors are
Whedon made $3 billion from two flicks.
That's almost more than Snyders entire filmography
An indie director was given Thor and made it a massive success

*yawn*
Lets go over how many movies DC ACTUALLY has, shall we?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1966_film) - 1 movie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film) - and three subsequent Superman films - 4 movies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1989_film) - and three subsequent Batman films - 4 movies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_(1997_film) - 1 movie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Returns - 1 movie
The Dark Knight Trilogy - 3 movies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern_(film) - 1 movie
And the DCEU - 5 movies

Thats 20 movies. 20 movies over the course of, what, 51 YEARS. FIFTY- ONE. And it literally took them 48 years to have a cinematic universe. Not to mention nearly half a century just to get one measly Oscar, for a guy who committed suicide, and another for MAKE-UP.

Sure, Marvel's not that perfect either - all their shirt started out direct-to-video - but if we go by Marvel Studios alone, Iron Man, started in 2008. In the span of just EIGHT years, Marvel has managed to make 18 movies, and pull off a cinematic universe, something DC tried and failed for nearly half a century until Man of Steel. That Oscar will be coming for Marvel eventually - give it time.

his animated series is so underrated.

and just for good measure

youtube.com/watch?v=78N2SP6JFaI

>It did
In what way? Please explain

addendum: I left out a shitty Supergirl movie and Catwoman. But that sort of proves my point - 22 movies.And out of those 22, 9 of them were outright shit and 3 were incredibly mediocre, almost practically shit.

I wonder what matters more to these billion dollar companies
>Ticket sales and audience approval
Or
>An Oscar for makeup

I reallydon'tget why peopleargue over this, comic wise DC is way better, animation-wise DC is WAY WAY better, old movies-wise DC is WAY WAY better, but when it come to these new Cinematic universes, marvel is kicking their ass, anyone who denies it is in serious....denial

Its a console war faggotry kind of thing. Marvel's the cool and hip thing now, so obviously people want to show their dicks are stronger by being contrarian. Its like defending the Star Wars prequels. Or the Last Jedi. They all suck, but who wants to be too much of a normie?

Give it time though - it used to be the contrarian thing to hate Lord of the Rings but now, Sup Forumsacks lap it up. LotR is a great movie btw, but not for Sup Forums reasons

>Well...I beleieve in...JUSTICE

goddammit you cheesy bastard, welcome back

Being as fast as the flash is pure horseshit though

I can't remember who said it, but I liked the analogy-marvel is the kid with the crappy toys that puts them in interesting situations and creates great stories, and DC is the kid with the great toys that doesn't know what the fuck to do with them

I think I'm more interested with the kid with the crappy toys. Look at Deadpool - they cut funding, execs were against the movie, and yet it outdid expectations. Look at Thor, two mediocre movies, was expected not to do well, and yet, it managed to BTFO Justice League. Sometimes its not about how iconic or how much history a character has - consider how Harry Potter captured an entire generation within the past decade.

No I agree with you, as far as these new movies go. Marvel is killing it, as trendy as it is to hate on them(and honestly aside from spider-man i hate marvel), they're doing everything right. DC is fucking up. Superman got kind-of fixed by Whedon but everything else...it's slightly off. shit superman is slightlyoff too, but he was so much off before that this is a win for DC fans

>see movie
>no one with me noticed the cavill-stache

are people really this unobservant? in a theater, where there's a giant fucking screen?

This movie wasn't very good, but it bought some good will from me...let's see how they fuck it up

Zack Snyder was a genius though

Zack Snyder's genius is better spent on movies he'd actually care about. Stuff like 300. Watchmen. And, most obviously, The Dark Knight Returns. He doesn't rally care for Superman - WB roped him in because they didn't have a more suitable director, and they fucked up with Green Lantern.

Well, I agree it must take some talent to make a 151 minutes trailer

He sucks when he's supposed to make a movie, tho

In what way? BvS and MoS are both literally 4/10 movies

Dawn of the Dead and 300 were legit good. Watchmen and Ga'Hoole, while polarizing, had their moments, and definitely showcased his vision. Even Man of Steel, for all its plot problems, had clear signs of Snyder's vision.

Snyder reminds me a lot of Shyamalaan. Consider the following:

Dawn of the Dead - The Sixth Sense
Unbreakable - 300
Watchmen - Signs
The Owls of Ga'Hoole - The Village
Sucker Punch - Lady in the Water
Man of Steel - The Happening
BvS - The Last Airbender
Justice League - After Earth

Seems to be that, like Shyamalaan, the more corporate Snyder gets, the more clouded his vision and films become.

BvS is 2/10 at it's best. Don't know why some people think BvS was equal or better than MoS. While MoS was a bad film, it's storyline was far more coherent.

and then disney will reboot it again in 5 years

>some people still like man of steel
>my brother likes man of steel

i'm not gonna lie, it triggers me. it's more coherent than BVS but equally as shit

no just retards in general. dc, marvel and capeshit have nothing to do with it. retards will always be retards

I imagine the folks who think BvS >= MOS are those who saw only the Ultimate Edition.

It was pretty kino.