I grew up in a family where watching movies was basically taboo, so I've seen honestly at most 20 movies in my life...

I grew up in a family where watching movies was basically taboo, so I've seen honestly at most 20 movies in my life, I could probably list them.
What movies are movies I absolutely have to watch?

list em

half the pokemon movies
Interstellar
Shawshank redemption
Kimi no na wa
Wall e
God of Cookery
Cars trilogy
The incredibles
Perks of being a wallflower

These are all the movies I've watched in the last ten years or so, and the only reason I've seen them are because i was at a mates house at the time or for school reasons.

What did you like best out of those?

So you've seen 4 live action films in your life? You're 12 aren't you

I forgot to mention the Mr. Bean movie
Interstellar and Kimi no na wa were probably the ones I've been most interested in

Jesus, how'd you end up on Sup Forums? That's like going straight from hand holding to rim jobs.

okay OP here's your watchlist

The Dark Knight Rises
Problem Child 2
True Lies
Scrooge with Alistair Sim (best A Christmas Carol adaption)
Seven Samurai and a Bugs Life, make an afternoon of it
The Iron Giant
watch the cutscenes from God of War III because it is without question the dumbest, shittiest writing ever put to the screen
The Room
Dead Heat
Freaked (featuring Keanu Reeves as dogboy)
The Matrix Reloaded (all other Matrix movies stink)
everything by James Cameron
All Dogs Go To Heaven
The Prestige
My big fat greek wedding

How is this possible? I hardly ever feel about people in this place but Jesus I feel bad for you. How are you even a normal functioning person?

you should start with something dramatic, meaningful, relevant, and artistic. something that really captures the human experience.

garden state should be the next movie you watch. your life, and your spirit, will be better for it.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

What religion are/were you?
Watch Barry Lyndon, Amadeus, Excalibur, and Dragonslayer

I use the internet a lot,just not for movies.
I've just never watched them, I worry that I won't be interested and it'l be a waste of time, which is 2 hours I could be using to do whatever.
Out of all these films I've literally only heard of the Batman one, Matrix, and the Iron Giant, but I'll try give these a look, thanks!
I'm mostly normal, I can talk to people and have a job etc, I'm not socially inept or anything I just never watch films
Ill give this one a go
This is the cowboy one with that one popular theme right
I'm not religious, I was forced to go to a baptist church for ages though but I never enjoyed it

I want to ask though how do you guys watch movies, do you dedicate a few hours in your day, or just randomly watch one whenever, because 2 hours approximately is ages for me I feel like I can't get immersed in a film so suddenly

>Seven Samurai and a Bugs Life, make an afternoon of it
What is this spicy meme?

I only watched it because natalie portman was in it and i was in love with her ever since leon, the movie was forgettable

dunston checks in, you haven't appreciated cinema untill you witness dunston checking in

If you're not that exposed to movie I recommend more fun and easily accessible stuff than some of the random stuff recommended so far. This guy is trolling youBack to the Future trilogy
Inidiana Jones Trilogy
Terminator 1&2
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction
Jurassic Park
Forrest Gump

That list

Thanks dude
Can someone tell me which of these are meme films

I love you

3 idiots
american beauty
Bienvenido Mister Marshall
Drishyam
Inside Out
Leaving Las Vegas
Nightcrawler
Perfect Blue
Requiem for a Dream
Rocky
Stranger than Fiction
Thanks For Smoking
The Master
Saturday Night Fever
The Karate Kid
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser
Cinema Paradiso
Jagten

Seven Samurai, Barry Lyndon, Amadeus, Good Bad and the Ugly, are all good movies but they're slower in pace and something like Seven Samurai requires some patience. They're good movies but I wouln't recommend to someone getting started with film.

>Inside Out
>Stranger than Fiction

Literally why??

Duston checks in is someone troling you. Bugs Life, Barry Lyndon are just bad and the user that recommend them it's wrong, though not trolling.

Please don't pay attention to this list

Cidade de Deus.

A Bugs Life follows the plot to Seven Samurai
OP this is a genuine list. Except for The Matrix Reloaded and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. What you have here is a spectrum of films of all qualities (big hits from the last 35 years from James Cameron, little-known excellent comedies in Dead Heat and Freaked and a nice trifecta of genuine Sup Forums essentials heading it). If you watch these movies you'll get a taste for all kinds of narrative and visual assets that the puke-flavoured redditor wieners trying to impress you with their pretentious bullcrap are simply incapable of offering. Scrooge is unironically a fabulous, fantastic, tremendously well put together film and anyone who discredits a list that includes it is genuinely ignorant and shouldn't be making recommendations.