When did you realize your fellow moviegoers were complete fucking idiots?

When did you realize your fellow moviegoers were complete fucking idiots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4
youtu.be/2EwnGz0zT78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want off this ride

Around the same time that I realized most people are complete fucking idiots.

When someone asked my friend to turn off the sub titles to a kung fu movie over a decade ago.

Just one more thing Rian fucked up.

>"He was suppose to appease the normies not confuse and anger them!"

inb4 its the best scene... I know you fucking retard.

The movie isnt bad its just that the public is stupid.

This

The world could lose 5 billion people overnight and you wouldn't notice the difference

5 billion less people means 5 billion less chances of finding your 3d waifu

No thanks

>implying I haven't found her

>"user, why would you watch a black and white movie? They're sooooooooo boring."

>Thought they were addressing that with space being a vacuum, theres no sound.
>Realise they had 8 other movies to do so.

>technological failure

What are the basic qualifications to become a journalist these days? Elementary school?

>a point of confusion among movie goers

Didn't it then get clarified seconds later? Shouldn't that completely nullify any and all confusion? What the fuck???

People didn't actually think that it was just Jews trying to scam free tickets. They do this all the time here.
>I saw a fuzzy thing on the film reel at an hour in and it ruined the movie for me
>sir we don't use film reels here
>GIB FREE OR I REPORT U

unless you're a bi fag it would only be around half of that.

This actually happened when I saw episode one. 30 second chunks had no audio due to the theater fucking up. Actually made the movie more enjoyable.

Reminds me of that part in the Gremlins 2 movie and people legit got up to complain apparently.

also, fuck this fucking planet.

during the Trailer for "a quiet place" some guy in front of me turned to his friend next to him and said "oh no, did they forget to...." thinking that the sound was out.

good luck making anything with art while you have to appeal to these people.

I refuse to believe that reality.

are they going to put a train in the next movie as well?

it was my amc that started it, i live in plebville
or perhaps i am the pleb
and i live in kinotown

that scene unironically needed a nasheed in it

I honestly liked the silence since there is no sound in space.

i thought it was just a thematic choice to highlight the insane amount of destruction in suck a short period of time

its not like this is the first movie to do something like this

very subtle

i like it

9/10

so many cuck mouse shills itt. your movie is shit. tfa was shit. star schwartz is dead

As expected from 56%.

Why does every other scene in space have sound

>there's no sound cause it's a far away wide shot.

>work at ISP/cable provider
>mfw I can imagine one of our customers calling in saying the sound is cutting in and out and it's our problem

Why do the lasers in star wars behave like anti-aircraft cannons?

When I came to Sup Forums.

>turns up hearing aid
>is the battery dead alrea- oh geez

>billion niggers
>1.5 billion poos
>1.5 billion chinks
>1.5 billion Muslims

Im sure we'll be fine

if its the 5 billion people on the lower end of the intelligence spectrum, i dont see why id want to find my waifu in there

Did they think the sound cut out when AotC did it 15 years ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4

holy shit, storytime this please

>3d waifu
no thanks
men cannot be waifu

>"You're a snob. You have no interest in seeing Thor or Star Wars. All you want to go see is those dumb indie movies that suck."
Legit something someone told me.

>not watching both indie movies AND triple-A popcorn flicks
>implying you're still not a snob

When cape shit became the new cash cow.

But thing is, I do go see everything, the mainstream shit too, just so I'm allowed to say my thoughts, and then I'm still a snob if I disliked it or just not interested. You can't please the blind fans who just want everyone to like their shit. If you had a problem with it, you're just wrong or a pretentious fag.

this is why i visit this place, to remind myself i'm not the most retarded piece of shit on the face of the earth

>3d
>waifu

Why not both?

This has been a thing since forever. When Sorcerer was in cinemas in the 70s, they had to put up a disclaimer for moviegoers because the first few minutes are in French and Arabic and people got really upset about it.

I went to see all the LotR movies when they came out. I thought they were nice movies, a fairly good adaptation with some flaws, and a bit tonally off from the source material, but nothing special. 6/10, maybe 7/10 at very most. I went online and people were practically orgasming about them.
I went to see The Dark Knight back when it came out. I thought, "meh, mediocre film with a great Heath Ledger performance... 5/10 or so". I went online and people were calling it one of the greatest movies ever made.
I saw "Terminator: Salvation" and "Prometheus" in theaters. I thought they were some of the worst big-budget movies I had ever seen. I went online and people were for the most part negative towards them, but negative in the sense of rating them 5/10 or so, whereas in my mind they are both 2-3/10.
I saw people fork over hundreds of millions of dollars to see The Force Awakens, a 2-3/10 movie. I saw numerous good reviews for it. I saw that even out of the critics, about half are people crying about "duh SJWs" rather than criticizing the movie for why it really sucks - it's a badly made movie, it would be bad even if there was nothing SJW about it.
I saw the Jurassic Park franchise go from the 5/10 mediocre but fun and soulful first movie, to a sequence of braindead made-for-TV level cashgrabs in which the dinosaurs act like cliche movie monsters rather than like animals (this was already a problem in the first movie, but not to the same extent) - and I saw people still fork over money to see these movies.
etc, etc.

I genuinely believe you take films too seriously man

Why?

Don't get me wrong, I really love watching a classic film I can deconstruct for years afterwards too, but for the most part I will watch a film with the understanding that they are, for the most part, sources of cheap entertainment for a couple of hours. Inconsistencies, unrealistic action or narratives, cliche characters, etc. don't bother me (unless they're REALLY glaring), since I realise I'm watching fiction, and that I'm just doing it to have a bit of fun and lose myself for a short while.

I freely accept that TDK, TFA, etc. are all full of horrible inconsistencies and Hollywoodness, but in my head that misses the point entirely. You're not watching a documentary, after all.

There is in the Star Wars universe.

youtu.be/2EwnGz0zT78

But then it seems you agree that the movies I listed are mediocre and widely overrated by people.

Silence is extremely avant-garde. Rian Johnson truly did make a movie that's just too intelligent for the world to understand.

I got the same from my friends. They still don't believe that I didn't enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy or The Force Awakens when we went to see those and maintain I'm just being a snob about films because the only ones I saw this year were 'slow' (Dunkirk), foreign (Shin Godzilla), and black & white (Young Frankenstein).

I don't think they're "overrated" - overrated implies that they're respected for something they lack, which I don't see as being the case.

>a great scene ruined by the fucking kid screaming every 10 seconds in that stupid high pitched voice
what is wrong with George lucas

that's some flawed logic user

5 billion less people means 5 billion more reasons for my waifu to love me more

I liked that scene actually.

with the price i pay for internet, i think i'm entitled to blaming my ISP for a problem that isnt theirs.