It still fucking hurts bros

This is my fault

Bluray sales will save it like VHS did for the original

>production 260m
>??? 140m
Why is this? No way marketing cost 140m

You're expecting $150m in blu-ray sales? Lel

there are MANY way the marketing cost 140m lol.

the movie was anti-normie, no wonder it did bad.
but it was great, il be waiting for next installment in 20-30years...

Eh, it'll be okay if it wins a non-technical Oscar.

So and? We got a well made Blade Runner, we weren't going to get any more even if it did make money. In fact you should be glad they won't be turning it into a franchise.

This is what happens when you market your movie for white cis males. Either adapt to 2017 or die :)

Yet they could not even break even?
Shitty marketing I guess

>We got a well made Blade Runner, we weren't going to get any more even if it did make money

See you at Blade Runner 3 in 2025.

what are the chances of Hollywood spending money on a high budget artsy original film now

>caring about box office
I'll never understand why normalfags and plebbitors do this. It's irrelevant. The original and The Thing got beat at the box office by Rocky III for fucks sake. It got made, it was kino, plebs didn't go to the theaters to see it. It's done. Fucking kikes.

It ruins the chances of similar movies getting financed in the future

but guess what, The Thing (42nd in box office numbers for 1982) and Blade Runner (27th in box office numbers) both under-performed at the box office and became pop culture icons, spawning sequels and inspiring their respective genres for the next 40 years.This kind of blows up your entire narrative you shekel loving jew. As long as something is good, it will shine like a star.

So I ask again:

Why do normalfags and plebbitors care how much money a movie makes?

Who gives a fuck how much it made? The movie exists, unless you want endless sequels made by shitty directors and leftist writers and movie studio meddling? They almost always ruin these films with sequels so be glad there won't be one.

Just leave it as a stand alone be happy it was made and stfu about how much money it made.

Bad ending+cockserving the old movie

Take solice in the fact that Disney is going to lose money on The Last Jedi.

Someone will try making another sequel in 30 years. Don't worry about it.

you retarded nigger. Disney literally said they cancelled plans to make a follow up to Tron: Legacy because Tomorrowland flopped. So I ask you, you reddit spacing faggot, what don't you understand about that?

no torrents back then. Come january there'll be a 4k hdr print on it. Normies dont care for this movie and autists don't pay for no dvd.

Happens when you make a movie and the selling point is edginess.
Also blatantly copying Her didn't help neither.

I saw it twice and I still feel like I failed.

you don't get it, out of the supposed 400 millions only 50% goes to the studio, which means cca 200 millions which means either breaking even or slight profit

will denis even direct dune now? its been fucking MONTHS and not a single peep. keep in mind it would require 250-300 millions to be made. and not a single peep on anything else denis-related. same with mel gibson.

I hate the general public

Day by day I understand the Jews more and more. The consumers are incompetent. In order for them to appreciate quality goods they must be whipped into shape forcefully, with their low IQ schlock being made into laughing stock. I understand that no sane capitalist would want to do that in order to maximize profits. So we have the next best thing - the normies are punished by being fed shit. And when they wake up, their hubris will become apparent.

Honestly, 2049 wasn't good. The villain was literally Megaman tier

This. Would pirate again.

I'm gonna get it on BR, that's like $10 right there, how much is left now?

It was pretty edgy now that I think about it.

movie was doing great in the uk, Everyone was talking about it

come on Sup Forums and americans are complaining about the run time and why they won't go see it and american reviewers crying about sexism and racism

enjoy your starwars

A great director, great reviews, Ford, Goose, Leto, Batista, Wright, Zimmer, big budget etc. and somehow all that wasn't enough to get people to go see it?

Christ.