B-e-a-utiful

B-e-a-utiful

>and its not even updated with the even worse numbers

Solo will be a disaster. The Empire is finished

I wonder what backpeddling the Mouse will demand for Episode IX. I guarantee they'll bring Luke back in full force and use some bullshit to handwave his bad character and 'death' from TLJ.

That and I'm sure they'll say Kylo was lying about Rey's parents.

>bring Luke back in full force and use some bullshit to handwave his bad character
Please happen

Rogue One made 32 million on boxing day
Last Jedi made 28.2 million on boxing day which was also discount tuesday (yesterday)

So Rogue One is outgrossing it daily by this point

Rogue one fell 30% day after boxing day to 22.5 million.
No idea what last jedi will fall too, if it's a lot more it's dead.

Releasing a new Star Wars movie every year is retarded. It makes feel less like an event when one comes out. At this point none of them will outgross TFA

It doesn't help that literally no one is going "Man, I've got to see the next one to see how all these plot points pan out!"

He used force teleporting to rey, to train her properly

How bout the bad character?

They had a false start with TFA. People liked it, but the problem is that it started as an OT rehash and it doesn't have anywhere else to go now.

Yeah, they will react to the epidermic response of the audience ; just like they already did with ep 8, they will try to correct the surface mistakes all while failing to understand that it's the fact that sw used to be a rich coherent universe that was making it popular.
As long as they won't understand that making an objectively good movie is usually a better strategy than designing a product to appeal to every minority group in the book, they will keep on failing.
They also fail to understand that hardcore fan are the most imortant demographics to have i their pocket, because a family of normies will buy less tickets than a hardcore fan will if he's given a good SW movie and not a pandering-to-everyone soulless cashgrab.

Tfa was a mistake. People are fucking idiots

Business as usual

They rehashed blowing up the Death Star, which had already been rehashed. For some reason people didn't have a problem with this.

stupid joke. tfa set up absolutely nothing of value.

why does Sup Forums want it to fail if Sup Forums is not pol?
>disney
Look no one else was going to make new ones. Lucas tried independently look what happened. Some small nobody studio is going to buy the rights off Lucas? No it had to be big Disney. Instead of accepting that inevitable truth and saying oh well if they're good movie's that'll be good, you're more happy if the movie is not enjoyable/enjoyed because you want to see ventures fail, in general.

$397,271,356 / $571,420,943 = 69.5234%
69%

Would you like to take a guess as to the EXACT percentage of ANH that ESB earned? You might want to sit down.
69%. P O T T E R Y

Jesus the amount of money they make out of these movies, amazing

Jesus christ

But this turd is dropping at Suicide Squad levels. It's going to come closer to 50% by the end of it

>

>implying a second movie in a trilogy would make more money than the first one after so many years between the shitty PT and finally a new SW movie
>implying Rian isn't based when the most fleshed out character in this movie is a white guy that seduces the white lead so as to avoid her being blacked
>implying that only SJWs like this movie when they have been sperging out everywhere because they made the negro a comic relief and paired him with the asian girl and made audiences sympathize with Kylo Ren
>also the movie will still make a fuckton of money. It cost way less to produce than TFA and hasn't even opened in markets that worship white dick - China

>trying to reason with Sup Forums-crossposters who only want to feel the schadenfreude of a second TORtanic
Their memory spans are roughly 3 weeks. Just let them mash their keyboards incoherently until then. Maybe afterwards we can convince them how empty they feel is not entirely their fault.

ANH was in theatres for five years straight and was regarded as a groundbreaking blockbuster.
They are not comparable just coincidence that the percentage change is the same

Maybe we can start a petition

And TFA had 15 years of uncontested anticipation built into it.

>mfw starting with ep VIII every episode will shit on the previous one in a pathetic attempt to undo its mistakes

Now that the dust has settled, did Krennic really do anything wrong?

I don't understand how people don't get the pattern yet.

Not a single time when J.J. established a mystery, did it ever get a satisfying ending.
The only fucking reason he has as much of a career as he does, is because a ton of people were into Lost. What was the Lost hype about? The mystery. Was it ever satisfyingly concluded? No.
His career's very foundation is that he doesn't do mysteries that have a pay off. He's just vague for the sake of being vague.

Also yeah I know he worked on stuff before Lost, but I don't think anyone in the general public knew who he was before the Lost craze.

And the Mouse was expecting TLJ to meet or exceed the hype and subsequent profits drummed up by TFA, just like it did for Age of Ultron and Avengers 1.

30-50%

Do you have a single fact to back that up or are you just role-playing a Disney exec? Do you not think they have numbers of the previous film grosses and are utterly shocked this is the first 2nd installment that didn't make more than 70% of the previous film's gross?

Are you a time traveller from the 70s? This isn't 40 years ago, kiddo. In the year 2018-4 days a sequel is expected to make more cash than the original, not less. The game has changed.

Have you heard about the police academy equation? Shit hasn't changed in the slightest

>In the year 2018-4 days a sequel is expected to make more cash than the original, not less. The game has changed.
Why are you posting on Sup Forums instead of working at a studio? Clearly your grasp on industry trends is something to envy.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone $974,755,371
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets $878,979,634
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban $796,688,549

69% second weekend drop and making less than Rogue One day by day now, lads

NO..IT WAS HER TURN YOU NAZI ALT RIGHT BIGOTS!!!!

Tfa was fucking shit. No matter how bad tlj is, tfa is also dogshit

Yeah it kinda sucks, I've already seen it 4 times and last time I even bought extra tickets.

The movie is not to blame, it's a good experience, the timing wasn't right I guess, should come out a bit later and not right on Christmas.

Just wait for that shitty Han Solo movie to come out in a few months. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Disney is the EA of movies. They buy up IPs and then instantly run them into the ground. Why bother caring for and cultivating a franchise so that it remains a beloved and successful moneymaking franchise over time when you can just pump-and-dump it by cranking out a bunch of mediocre films every year that only sell based on previous good-will, and then throw away the dead carcass of the franchise when it stops being profitable?

hmm I wonder why you aren't showing deathly hallows part 1 or 2 or half-blood prince

From the looks of it, they won't doing anything wrong at all.

Remember how all criticisms of Ep7 were just dismissed as sexism?
See how right now they're blaming Ep8's underperformance and bad reviews on "alt right neo nazis"?