Fuck me, this movie is gorgeous.
Except for the 'night' scenes, fuck that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lChJz2DSpsE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night
strawpoll.me/14705276
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The goat baby

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Wahabism? The 2001 9/11 attacks on Saudi's putative ally, the US, that killed almost 3,000 people and caused at least $10 billion in property and infrastructure damage, were assumed by many, at least outside the kingdom, to be "an expression of Wahhabism" since the al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi nationals. A backlash in the formerly hospitable US against the kingdom focused on its official religion that came to be considered by some "a doctrine of terrorism and hate." He was a good friend.

This fucking shot.

Legitimately the closest to perfect i have ever seen a movie.

Wow a lot of people riding, 10/10. I turned this movie off somewhere in the around the 2 hour mark. There's a limit to how many scenes of people riding through the desert I can take.

Watch whole scene then
youtube.com/watch?v=lChJz2DSpsE

t. pleb

Why did the night scenes look so weird?

fuck me you guys are pretentious

Because they were shot during a day with a filter over the lense. You can see the shadows on the ground, lol.
Shooting in the night on a desert with 60's technology would be impossible. Shooting with NATURAL LIGHT at all was really hard, for Barry Lyndon Kubrick had to ask NASA for special lenses.

Filmed at daytime and then toned down to make it look like night. Only Fury Road got this right.

Yeah that's what i thought

I liked the The Desert of the Tartars, but never watched OP kino.

It's amazing how the technology in cinema evolved.

this film is such a meme. you all kid yourselves to like it to seek validation on an anonymous film discussion forum.

why is this such a hard shot for the past? is it that different from like the close encounters spaceship light? is it because the car cabin light itself is not too bright?

Yeah, this is lit af in comparison.

And if you talk about this scene it was achieved in post.

he complains that there is too much riding, then you post a video of literally only people riding.

Were you trying to reinforce his opinion?

>Lawrence of Arabia
>of Arabia
Nice whitewashing you got there

>inb4 he was British

18th and 19th century Brits were black. I saw it on Slate's twitter feed

>Only Fury Road got this right.

They just made it blue as fuck. All the highlights on their foreheads were clearly from the sun.

You must be a retarded mutt I guess

Faster film stocks weren't available at the time. Also, shooting at low lights with faster lenses resulted in more grain, less DoF.

This film makes me depressing as a guy with turkish ancestors. We fucking lost tens of thousands of soldiers their. Fucking arabs.

Because no matter how you tweak the contrast, you can't hide the sharp shadows that you would never get at night. Justice League had same problems, "night" scenes with sharp shadows from "moonlight".

>K's door open
>no interior light on
piece of shit film. Deakins is a fucking hack.

now this is how you do bait, very nice 8/10

His flying car got trashed tho.

clearly flew it to Deckard's daughter.
an interior light isn't likely to go first really

>Ali, did I ever tell you about the time I was raped by Turks in Deraa?

my car has this option which i choose because i don't want cunts seeing me all lit up getting in and out the car (i'll be the one seeing thank you very much). a detective might choose the same

I've only heard that on the internet. He's just getting beaten up/flayed, at most it's a little BDSM.

What's wrong with the night scenes?

I still can't get over how modern the 4K remastered version looks.

Well you've actually used an example where it worked.

But this is how you do day for night properly.

Are you guys talking about these shadows? I mean, maybe it was a full moon that night and clear skies, you never know.

The ruling family in Saudia arabia actually tried to modernize the country and pull it away from extreme Wahabbism but essentially backpedaled to placate the extremists after a major bombing.

I guess the idea was to take modernization more slowly -- boil the frog you know. But the current situation is that extreme Wahabbism is tolerated in the country even if the king and his coterie don't support it.

Also, faster film stocks generally meant more grain, which was considered a bad thing.

There isn't even a point in portraying TE Lawrence as a minority in order to get diversity points -- he was almost certainly gay.

This one probably is night. He's talking about the ones with the blue filter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night

I don't hate it. Done right, it feels more like night than actually shooting at night. Done wrong it looks fake as hell.

You literally know jack shit about the Saudi situation

>or Barry Lyndon Kubrick had to ask NASA for special lenses.

He didn't ask them, dummy. It was a favor based on his previous work with the agency.

what work

>be a roach
>try to rule Arabs
>turns out they’re stubborn af and uncontrollable
>get BTfO

Did Lawrence have autism?

>what's your name?
>Arabi, Lawrence of Arabia

Fuck this 7 hour movie about a gay guy in the desert. He got raped and simply got over it after sleeping for 2 days

He had autism, bipolar, manic depressive, homosexual, schizophrenia

and also the clap

you can vote Lawrence Of Arabia if you want
strawpoll.me/14705276

Isn't Lawrence cited as having borderline personality?

>tfw no quarters

That genuinely looks like it was made now.

*Naruto runs behind you*
nothing personnel kid

tfw someone pays for your services with paper

>there is a scene where he gets BDSMed by a roach general

not really a scene.
its heavily implied.