"She might have been your mother, Steven. But she wasn't your mom. I'm sorry I didn't do any of it right...

"She might have been your mother, Steven. But she wasn't your mom. I'm sorry I didn't do any of it right, but I'm glad you were my son."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xt67HjZjZVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z37xIQ5MP_0
youtube.com/watch?v=tzxSUQrExO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

eventually, Pearl stopped thinking

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"

>Guardians of the Universe

I doubt Pearl would've made the same sacrifice

Are you a moron? Pearl would never pass up an opportunity to die heroically.

What is this?

Isn't half her backstory about killing herself over and over for Rose?

No and i doubt Pearl would've given up her own form to give birth to Steven

>No
Hot argument bud
> i doubt Pearl would've given up her own form to give birth to Steven
That's the exact opposite of what the OP quote is about retard

It makes more sense to hear that from Garnet than Pearl. Pearl wasn't motherly at all, she didn't even handle baby Steven and thought about killing him by ripping his gem out.
This motherly Pearl stuff needs to stop.

>watch the newest Samurai Jack episodes
>watch Guardians vol. 2
>watch Mob Psycho

man, seeing the latest Steven Bomb after all that really makes the show look a lot worse in comparison

These Steven Bombs are going to kill the show.

Let it die

Pearl definitely took up a more nurturing mom-ish role as Steven grew. Garnet is the one that hands out wisdom and helps him actualize himself, Amethyst is the one who has fun with him, Pearl is the one who supports him.

If Steven had gone to school, Pearl is the one who would have gone to every school play.

>Pearl is the one who would have gone to every school play.
Pearl did go to Steven's play.

I forgot how cute porl was

She left him for dead on the edge of a cliff. She's not motherly. She's supporting Steven because she's in love with Rose. With Pearl I get more of a "grooming an heir" vibe than an actual mother. Like if I had to guess which if any of the gems would abuse Steven in any way, hands down it would be Pearl.

>Implying Amethyst wouldn't abuse Steven once he hits puberty and starts looking more like his father, causing her weird obsession with Greg to resurface.

This.

But all the crystal gems were shit care takers.

Probably because she's had 2 lines in the last dozen episodes

Garnet at least tries. She even has been rather civil with Greg

Again, you continue to be a moron. Being a pretty shitty person with mental and emotional problems and being the most motherly of all the crystal gems are not at all exclusive, hell did you even fucking watch the movie the OP is referencing?

Being a good person=/=being a good caretaker, and Garnet does not typically act that fashion towards Steven.

>she didn't even handle baby Steven and thought about killing him by ripping his gem out
No fucking way. Really?

What movie?

If you think leaving a child for dead makes a good mom, you got some issues, pal. Furthermore Garnet has clearly outclassed Pearl as caretaker and Amethyst too for what little they do. Steven does most of the caretaking by himself and has to teach the gems about the human world.

Pearl ain't motherly. She's a crazy chick obsessed with a dead chick.

mommy not mom

daddy not dad

Eh, she wasn't completely clear about whether it would kill Steven or not, and both Garnet and Pearl previously indicated their preference for getting Rose back in lieue of Steven, it's just Amethyst thought it was shapeshifting and Garnet thought it was fusion.

Don't downplay this dude. The other gems missed Rose but they were not going to the extent of considering killing the baby to get her back, and were more than willing to wait things out to see if Rose would return or stop shapeshifting on her own. Pearl was actually down to try and dismember baby Steven due to her Rose obsession.

>you look like Marry Poppins
>he cool?
>yeah, he's cool
I'M MARRY POPPINS, Y'ALL!

Holy shit.

>Pearl is an unlikable shit and whose supposed care for life is really just lip service to her crush.

Didn't we know this for a while now?

Daily reminder to be suspicious of xenos.

Bullshit. The Gems were all thinking about trying to remove the gem and were hugely confused by the whole situation. Pearl stopped on her own, without a single word or action of protest from Garnet or Amethyst.

Gems are a plague upon the universe and need to be exterminated.

>she
not so fast buddy

>Pearl wasn't motherly at all

Neither was Yondu, but over the years, he grew to regard Peter as less of a living act of defiance against Ego/a symbol of atonement and more as a surrogate son he genuinely loved.

Yeah but some people seriously think she's motherly when it's clear she can't handle children at all, and is totally only dealing with Steven because she loved Rose.
>posts fanart
In the episode she basically throws the baby away. Pearl hates babies. She's not motherly.
Also while true the other gems didn't say anything, none of them actually tried to dismember the fucking baby. That's on Pearl.

watch this clip and tell me right to my face she isnt motherly.
youtube.com/watch?v=xt67HjZjZVQ

thats funny.i had the opposite reaction.
we live in a fascinating world.

you keep saying how pearl doesnt act motherly at all.its true that at first she didnt but if you watch the show, right now she does, and its the most protective over steven than even garnet.Yeah shes fucked up but her relationship with steven right now is 100% motherly.
also,yon du was an even worse parent than pearl,literally being an abusive dick since day one,and he managed to say that line.

pearl's character has changed a bit since season 1a

And that's Yondu.
In the SU timeline, Pearl literally left Steven for dead on the edge of a cliff within the past year after she had to come to terms with the fact that Rose and Steven are actually separate people.
She doesn't care about Steven like a mother cares about a son. She genuinely about Rose and for the longest has been dealing with Steven as a means to an end. When that Rose identity was questioned, she started questioning if she should even value Stevens life. That should be enough to let you know where she falls on the "motherly" scale.

She isn't motherly.

Give her time. It took Yondu 20 years to finally let Peter out of the house to be his own man. Granted, things went to hell a few months later, but still, it's the thought that counts.

>roses scabbard as evidence
so youre one of those people.
that scene was meant to be more of a case of pearl having a ptsd-like moment.it was fucked up but it was her having a mental breakdown.
i have an aunt that suffers from mental problems and sometimes she just breaks stuff when shes stressed out and says insulting things to us. its fucked up but i know she loves me and feels terrible when she does these sort of things.
Pearl does love steven and after that episode, she acknowledges him as his own person. After roses scabbard,there isnt an episode about him hating steven.
>3 gems and a baby
flashback.
wow.you really dont have a soul

You're all arguing about Pearl meanwhile Garnet already fits the criteria without any bullshit.

Tell me, do YOU believe in ANYONE as much as she believes in Steven? Name ONE person.

garnet is boring.pearl isnt.

"fine fine i believe you.i dont want you touching a broken plate!Ill find a broom."
>not motherly
retards
youtube.com/watch?v=z37xIQ5MP_0

Pic related hears about what Pearl tried to do.
What happens?

You're gay and wrong.

that depends
>almost let steven die
he would want an explanation before the beating
>tried to take out his gem when he was a baby
he wouldnt understand what it means. if he did he would go after her.
>trained a kid to be a child soldier
crystal gems vs punisher.ends with frank killing connie accidentally
>kidnapped him into space
he would go after her.

considering the gems are alien, would frank have a different approach to them?The gems arent even recognized as criminals.

>cheering at a play that one time makes you a motherly person forever
>attempting to kill, neglect, and project a dead love interest onto your "son" doesn't disqualify you as motherly

I agree that Garnet is the most motherly. Pearl posters need to stop finding solace in fanart and single play scenes and face the music. Pearl is a monster with an obsession, not a mother.

She will become Steven's real mom When she marries Greg

who would win?

her trying to take out stevens baby gem was before she became motherly tho. and she didnt know what she was doing,and even then she realized it was wrong.
She neglected steven just as much as the other gems on the first episodes, and with each passing episode she grew closer with him, like the other gems.
And the projection of rose, yeah its fucked up, but its not as big as the times she geniuenly cares about him. Other than roses scabbard and sworn to the sword, she hasnt done that. The love for him is more powerful than the projection.
Her motherly moments overthrow her fucked up ones.

Pearl's not THAT bad, Garnet's just the best.
It's not Pearl's fault that she's not Garnet.

They are both good candidates for "mom", in different ways.

Neither is perfect. Both are deeply flawed and traumatized. Both are doing their best with a situation that has been, too the best of their knowledge, absolutely unique in history.

>character who hasnt done shit since S2
>character who needs to fuse or defuse to do anything useful
>character with no development for 2 seasons straight
>character who just talks about fusion fusion fusion
>literally a love guru
>character who has ended up as the default "cool" member of the group
>leader who doesnt lead anymore
>"oh but she said that she loves steven and made the heart signal,shes more interesting"

>her trying to kill him was before she became motherly

But she still tried to kill him.

>Pearl is a monster with an obsession, not a mother.
i dont know how people thinking this call themselves fans.

Garnet: We don't talk about Aja.
Pearl: And I'm not sorry for it. She was a huge pain in the-.
Amethyst: Wait, Aja was a SHE?!

I'm surprised at how you simply ignore such things.

not the same as literally killing a child. steven was a hybrid born without prediction or warning.they thought rose was doing that shit.
and pearl,alongisde garnet and amethyst kidnapped him.garnet was fine with them taking steven away from greg,and so was amethyst.if pearl didnt take away his gem,garnet would.or amethyst.
and neither of them stopped pearl from doing it.pearl was the one who realized it,and told the others why it was wrong.

>hey you know all of those character development episodes for pearl
>yeah they all are shit.shes the worst gem

Jesus, I thought that gem ripping was just some fanfiction or something. When is Andy just going to exterminate those sociopathic monsters? Nothing good ever came from any of them.

So did Yondu:

youtube.com/watch?v=tzxSUQrExO4

>character who hasnt done shit since S2
Why should I continue a conversation with someone who hasn't watched the past two seasons but pretends that he does? Supporting Steven in Mindful Education and having that conflict with him in S4 before saving him from Blue Diamond is easily more than what Pearl's done for him (most of her recent episodes were just for herself!). I guess if you find Pearl dealing with the same thread from season 1 "interesting" that's your prerogative, sure.

Why? It's pretty clear she loves Rose more than she cares for Steven. It shows with her interactions with both him and Greg. She had an obsession.
Admittedly, it's getting better now that she thinks of Steven as being something Rose left behind that she needs to protect instead of something thats hiding Rose from her, but she still clearly has her issues with Rose and thus Steven, and it still shows with how she acts around Greg. See the episode where Greg became a millionaire and they take a trip to the city.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Supporting Steven in Mindful Education and having that conflict with him in S4 before saving him from Blue Diamond
literally 2 things.in 2 fucking seasons.also,that scene in mindful education was to help CONNIE.and that conflict with blue diamond was retarded.she could have just said that and didnt.garnet "saving" steven was the least she could do after letting greg get kidnapped
face it.garnet is underdeveloped.pearl had mr greg and LOOBC.garnet has done jack shit since season 2.

>Yondu tried to kill this guy so that means Pearl is motherly!

2 retcons it. Yondu was just doing a dread pirate roberts. he never really meant the eating thing. it was always just a joke, while grooming Peter to be captain.

>Motherly:of, resembling, or characteristic of a mother, especially in being caring, protective, and kind.
>resembling
there you go.pearl is motherly.

Read the thread. Besides Yondu got way more kids killed than Pearl did and he still managed to be a good dad to Peter at the end.

And an attempted murderess.
And a traitor to her empire.
And a zealot.

I really love Pearl

>or characteristic of a mother, especially in being caring, protective, and kind

>tries to kill baby
>neglects
>leaves child to die
>projects Rose onto child and openly shits on child's dad in front of him out of petty jealously

Not so fast, slim. If anything she's more like a crazy aunt that's a cat lady.

and shes still motherly
you can be both you know.

>It's ok she left him to die because she has PTSD and misses her crush

Pearlfags are cancer.

pearl is caring and protective.see and by definition she is motherly.

its not ok retard.but theres a fucking reason.its not like she hates steven and really wants rose back. if you really think that the point of the show has completely flied over your head.the crew themselves have said they write her to be an overpretoctive mother.

Id rather trust Garnet with a newborn than Pearl

>garnet,the one who was also okay with taking out stevens gem and kidnapping him as a baby
yeah okay

>literally 2 things.in 2 fucking seasons.
Meanwhile Pearl does what in 2 seasons? A song with Greg and then a date with some human? At least the things Garnet is doing is relevant to Steven. In fact, I'm quite sure Garnet helped a lot more rescuing Greg than Pearl did! Pearl just stood around and FAILED to hack a door.

The crew can say whatever they want.

Doesn't match what we've seen.

Are you implying an attempted child murderer should be an adoptive mother?
Just because?
Personally, I'd judge someone by their deeds, not their mindset.

Then is shows that the Crews also have shitty deluded ideas of acceptable parenting and that we should fear for any kids that they have or may have.

the question is who is more interesting.
pearl has had 2 episodes about her in 2 seasons.garnet was the love guru once.
shes useless now

Would you call a guy that just forcibly sodimized you motherly if he gave you a lollipop afterwards and promised to protect you from having bad dreams?

I'll post this from the other thread but here's my take on it; Pearl really tries to be motherly, you can tell she fills in the traditional mother role among the three original CG. She's strict, she does the house chores, she tells Steven what he can do and we he can't do, she's overportective of Steven too and there is even an episode where she calls Steven "my baby".
And there is an obvious reason why in Steven's dream sequence, it is Pearl who appears as the mother figure and not Garnet or Amethyst. In my opinion, Garnet is more like the cool aunt and Amethyst like the big sister.
Pearl has changed a lot over the course of the show, and I don't think it's a far fetched stretch to say that she deeply loves Steven and would even thorw her life away for him.

>the question is who is more interesting.
Your criteria is all over the place! First it's "How much have they done" and now it's "How many episodes are about them"? Garnet doesn't need episodes to be exclusively about her, episodes like the one about Amethyst reforming and Steven not listening to her and getting Greg kidnapped build on her character in ways you clearly fail to appreciate without forcing her to hog the limelight like SOME characters need to do.

Rather that than the one who did the act.
That just means the crew is full of terrible writers, or a handful of them probably come from some bad homes and have some kind of stockholm syndrome and can't discern clear abuse.

the comparison to guardians is moot because yon du´s final speech was fucking awful.hell,all his dialogue on the climax was him pointing out the character arcs right to the audience.
I groaned so hard when he had to say the themes,straight to the camera
>ROCKET YOU FEEL INSECURE AND SO DO I
>PETER, I ACTUALLY SAVED YOU FROM YOUR EVIL DAD BECAUSE I KNEW HE KILLED HIS KIDS.
>PETER I LOVE YOU EVEN IF I WAS ABUSIVE
Thats bad writing. Have some subtlety for gods sake. At least pearls episodes are good.

Aw.

I'm a Pearl fan but I won't try to excuse her actions. I just think that what she is now, shows that she was willing to forgive, forget (Rose), move on, and love Steven and even Greg. I think she is an amazing character with flaws and all.

i also agree that pearl has done some pretty shitty things but i dont doubt she loves steven after roses scabbard.this whole argument that she really doesnt love steven is stupid.she has shown that he does and people who say she doesnt havent really seen the show.

What does this mean?