youtube.com/watch?v=GKVtFJ_OUc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice thread, dork.

>destroying a house completely

How did the Ed's not get arrested?

No, that's my horse

the cul de sac was purgatory

whats a support beam?

No sane adult would believe that a trio of ten year olds had the power to completely destroy a house as thoroughly as the Eds did

I love how, all these years later, I can hear the exact tone of that line. EEnE was amazing.

My favorite episode is when theyre trying to catch the balloon.

>Eddy, let's just do the right thing and work out entire lives to buy Johny a new home

This is a Kevin thread now. Post Kevins

that part where Ed pulled Eddy's chain on his pants.

My head is snoring make it stop

fpbp

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?

Thinking back, I feel a lot of people (not you guys, I'm generalizing) don't really talk about how EEnE had a special understanding of how to do their slapstick.

I can't really think on other cartoons that are not old timey theatrical Tom & Jerry where destruction and slapstick felt like it had weight.

One of my favorite examples is in the christmas special when Ed drags the chimney all the way to his room. Every bit of the wall, the entire destruction of the floorboards all the way to him slamming it into his room has just the right amount of crunch and impact that makes your mind really get how hilariously destructive it was.

In a lot of slapstick, thigns breaking feel like props, even inc artoons; Like if breaking a wall was that easy. In EEnE, when someone broke or slammed through a wall or yanked something that should be bolted to the floor out you really felt it.

Not sure if you guys feel the same.

I miss this cartoon. It reminds me how simpler things used to be.

YOU DARE MOCK THE user OF A THREAD

I actually never thought about it until you brought it up, but you're right.

Excuse me, but has my shirt become a doormat for everyone's filthy shoes?

I think it was the subtle things like floorboards bending upwards before breaking and the sounds of it creaking as it was bent before the eventual SNAP. They definitely put a lot of love into that show and I think that's part of what made it so great.

Douglas walker is that you man?

That, and when someone got hurt on EEnE (usually Eddy), it REALLY looked like it hurt.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't even watched EEnE

Memorable character design means you can read anything and hear it in their voice/inflection

MY LAMP

>My parents removed them because I am grounded!

EEnE ytp?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s1qdUeC4nJk

THE BURDEN OF HOSPITALITY IS TOO GREAT FOR ROLF

>chain

That's a strap or something.

When this show was on the air I did not appreciate it. Mostly due to the fact that it was almost always on (not nearly to the extent that TTG is nowadays, but it was in pretty heavy rotation back in it's time, compared to the other cartoon cartoons...)
But looking back on it, it's got some amazing cartooning behind it. There's an incredible sense of structure and harmony behind the drawings of these characters once you get past that squiggly lumpy drawing style... the framing of some of these scenes have a sense of balance and composition that's actually pretty brilliant. And that's just the art itself, never mind the memorable gags, comic timing and delivery of the show itself.

Yeah, turns out EEnE was a much better show than I ever gave it credit for back in the day when I wrote it off as obnoxious background noise and filler while waiting for the Toonami and Miguzi blocks.

It just gets better with age. Antonucci likes to talk about how animation was back in the day, and how it inspired him, he probably looks at Fleischer cartoons like how we look at EEnE. Makes me wonder what kids growing up today are gonna look back on, what they're gonna think were classics. I'm not even trying to be cynical, I genuinely wonder

>fad freaky as /fa/
>not jimmy with the gold painted pants and using fad freaky as /cg/

What are your middle names, dorks?
Mine is Garth.

Noah. My mom got the Middle name and was reading the Bible from the beginning while trying to think of one.

My dad got my first name and I'm named after the front man of his favorite band.

What did we ever do to deserve such an amazing cartoon like this?

Who remembers EDDY DON'T HURT ME?
youtube.com/watch?v=9QntKZ27rCY

Andrew
It just so happens that my parents accidentally named me after the first two martyrs of the bible. I have to wonder if thats significant.

> I'm named after the front man of his favorite band
That's pretty cool! I'm named after a famous Swedish comedian.

It had some of the best gags

Edmin. Though I proudly write "Ed" on some paperwork.

What's your favorite episode, Dio? Mine has to be Canadian Squirt Guns.

Dammit! Quoted the wrong person! Meant to quote

Who was the Jannetty?

zeke

What a dork.

Just kidding, that's sweet, user!

Butori. My name is extremely Italian and Spanish which has led to Scarface and Godfather jokes my entire life from kids and adults alike.

I was always impressed by the balance of character use and development in the show. Everyone had roles they played very well. I don't think you could cut anyone from the case without a huge loss to the formula.

The Serpent and Cain?

uh...no

Josef

I should also clarify that I mean the first two CHRISTIAN martyrs

Anne and Drew?

Andrew is the second one, yes

Yes, so many cartoons these days focus solely on verbal humor. EEE was honestly an anomaly.

Who remembers PSYCHO EDDY?
youtube.com/watch?v=GKVtFJ_OUc4

Scott. I'm pretty sure they picked it because they couldn't think of anything else.

2008 was a good year.

I blame this show for the many sexual fetishes I have

Patrick.

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT COUNTRY I'M FROM?

Edward actually, no lie

america?

O'really?

My second name(that's actually the first, but I never use it) is really southern Italy/mafia style
I used to be ashamed of it when I was younger but now I like it

Martin. My initials spelled out "DMP", and since I was one of the kids who's mom gave him a backpack with my initials on it, the older kids on the bus called me "dump"

2nd-4th grade was not the best of times

Motherfucker...

'Tis a nice name. That would be enough for me. If I ever got a little girl I would probably give her the middle name Olga or Helga (because I like them). And her first name would be Brynnhilde.

I know that EEnE's sound design gets rightfully praised on Sup Forums a lot, but it's also worth noting that the voice acting was top fucking tier for this show. This line is a really good example of what I mean, you can hear the quiet disgust and annoyance in his voice even though he takes on a monotone after the initial panicked tone in his voice.

It's Joseph

FINLAND

Motherfucking bluray collection when?

I used to be ashamed of Garth as well. But I've grown used to it. Garth from Wayne's World helped somewhat.

That's harsh, man. Kids are cruel.

Dammit! Was dead-set on Ireland.

Texas?

Nvm, I'm stupid.

Never.

YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIING

Marcelo

Basically spanish for Michael

Now that we have /bant/ /qst/ and /vip/, what would theirs be?

I got three. Isaac Rath Boyd.

William, After my dad.
My parents weren't very creative.

>/vip/
Smileyville

Come on No-chin-run-though-the-street-naked-Ed-boy! Hit Rolf!

Augustus

Isaac
And I always go by it instead of my first name.

Eugene. I've got three first names, man. It sucks.

Nicholas, pretty basic.

Cole

3 first names? How does that work? Filling in forms and stuff, I mean

Does Vampiremeercat still do things? I remember once upon a time that she was going to make an eene spin-off

I still can't believe his parents removed the fucking STAIRS holy shit

She's still active on DA, mainly with fanart and stuff

>an eene spin-off
EEnE High School. It's a shame nothing came out of it.

Pretty sure it's supposed to be something like this

Why is Jack Black driving that van?

You fill out as much as you can and then give the fuck up