Rule of Two

APOLOGIZE

>The Rule of Two states that there would be only two Sith at one time, a Master and an Apprentice, guaranteeing that when the Apprentice becomes powerful enough in the ways of the dark side to take the title of Master, only then would they be worthy of the title.
>This transfer of power would only take place when the Apprentice takes their Master's life and finds a worthy student to repeat the cycle, this way the Sith will grow more powerful and still exist through the new Master.
>Both Master and Apprentice were considered to be Sith Lords.

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Two/Legends

kylo was the best part of the movie, whats there to apologize about

if the entire movie revolved around kylo and rey, it'd be a great movie. Unfortunately, modern movies can't have simple plots, they need to be about 100 different things.

/ourguy/ Kotor (Rylo) all over again

but neither ren nor snoke were sith lords
the only dark side power any of them have used was the lightning when snoke zapped him

If Kylo's motivations were in anyway comprehensible, the movie would be better. He gets exactly what he wants with maybe 20 minutes left in the movie, and then says, "Nah, I just want to be Snoke 2.0."

we need more sith

This guy is correct it says in the visual novel that Snoke isn't a sithlord... I'm not kidding.

Sith always had Rule of two, it's a very stupid and retarded rule but it's always been there.

what even is a sithlord? i thought it was just a
powerful darkside user = sith lord

also OP are you implying that rey is his apprentice now because that's clear debunked on screen

>it says in the visual novel that Snoke isn't a sithlord
People should be able to glean that from the movie, considering he's not a "Darth" anything. I don't get where he was supposed to have learned all his dark side training from though.

a fucking hammerhead shark

>i thought it was just a
>powerful darkside user = sith lord
No, Sith are a specific Dark Side using sect that sprang up.

I agree, but those helisabers are just dumb. fuck disney

Basically JJ invented a big bad veiled in shadow simply to have a mysterious figure working in the background as a parallel to Sidious.

Rian then was like 'what if rey does a Luke and Vader scene but Vader killed palatine?" and forgot to actually have any development happen before.

Thus Snoke is a jobber. Exists solely to be a guy that dies. You don't ask who he is. There is no answer. Its just bad writing

is that canon from the movies or is it EU stuff that they might retcon (or not even know about)?

Nope. Sith are a completely different culture from Jedi.

There are actually not very many people in Star Wars who have been both Sith and Jedi in their lives. The vast majority of Sith were not Jedi beforehand.

Thinking over the EU, I can't think of one example of someone who was a Sith first that later became a Jedi.

The movie would have jumped from a 6 to a 7 if Finn and Rose weren't in it with their pointless subplot.

Apologise for what?

Mara Jade is the only one I can think of.

fpbp

cough Anakin cough

revan.
jedi, then sith, then back to jedi
malak, jedi then sith

never mind, i'm a dumbass who misread the fucking post

Darth vader??????

it was invented for tpm. there's no mention of it before or after tpm

>thinking the people who don't like TLJ didn't already know about the rule of two
Welcome to Star Wars pleb.