Nightwing: The New Order announced

>NIGHTWING: THE NEW ORDER is the story of a future world without “weapons”—where superpowers have been eliminated and outlawed. The man responsible? None other than Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Nightwing, now leader of a government task force called the Crusaders who are charged with hunting the remaining Supers. But when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years—the last metahumans of the DC Universe.

The Regime: Dick Grayson Edition

cbr.com/nightwing-dick-grayson-kills-dc-universe/

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/nightwing-new-order-dc-comic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Et tu, Grayson?

oh this sounds kind of interesting, maybe I'll add it to m-

>from writer Kyle Higgins and artist Trevor McCarthy

no thank you

Cool. It looks great. Really want to see how future Jason or Damian are.

Variant cover

What the fuck is this shit?

>leader of a government task force called the Crusaders who are charged with hunting the remaining Supers
He decided to outlaw supe users, okay.

>when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years

Then why the fuck did he bother hunting them? They were all his allies in the first fucking place.

Sounds pretty shit tbqh. Probably the solicit wording though.

Here's the rest of the article.

> For many DC Comics fans, Dick Grayson — aka the original Robin, former Batman and current Nightwing — is quite simply the most pure and true hero in the DC Universe.

>What, then, could drive him to not only stand against his fellow superheroes, but to hunt them down and kill them?

>That’s the question to be explored in Nightwing: The New Order, a new miniseries arriving this summer from writer Kyle Higgins and artist Trevor McCarthy. Announced via Screen Rant, The New Order is “the story of a future world… where superpowers have been eliminated and outlawed.” At the center of this is Grayson and his team of Crusaders, who have systematically hunted down and eliminated those with meta human abilities.

Uh huh. Two things.

1) So the premise is that Dick helps eliminate superpowers, but suddenly he's against the idea once it starts to affect his loved ones. Douche. Also, he apparently takes offense at the Bat Family being shat on, but not the Titans. Dick Grayson is a total cunt apparently.

2) Yet another story about superpowers being disabled on a massive scale. That will always be incredibly stupid due to the differing natures of various superpowers. Clark's powers are biological, Diana's are divine, etc. The X-Men could get away with this plot because mutant powers all stem from the same source, but you can't use the mutant cure on Spider-Man. Did we learn nothing from Act of God? This is a dumb idea.

Lmao.

Didn't mean to link that post, sorry.

>“My all-time favorite DC books throw characters we know and love into future worlds that are equal parts familiar and terrifying, laced with moral issues that aren’t black and white or easily solved,” Higgins told Screen Rant. “Ultimately, these stories say something about our world. And that’s what we are aiming to do with this Nightwing series, through the lens of a future generation of heroes.”

>Whether Nightwing: The New Order is in continuity has not been formally announced, but considering the series opens with the death of the Man of Steel “twelve years ago,” and the DCU is currently embroiled in the unfolding Rebirth mega-event storyline, it’s a safe bet that we’re not really looking at how the Justice League dies. That said, seeing Nightwing kill Superman in cold blood is a bit disquieting. Higgins and McCarthy are going to have a challenge ahead of them if they want to convince Dick Grayson fans that there’s a good reason their hero is slated to eventually break bad.

I was gonna say "it's probably an elseworlds" but the description's keeping it ambiguous.

I don't like this. Also stop letting Higgins write Nightwing he never fails to make him boring.

>Secret Empire: Nightwing
>Dick is Trump

I guess?

>Clark in trunks
>new52 Wondy
>Dr Light and old Dick
So I take it this is super far out of canon, not even related to metal/Dark Days

This sounds like a much shittier version of Grayson.

They need to realize Grayson is A list now and keep literal whos away from him.

So the premise is basically Dick Grayson going fascist?

is that canon What is that?

he did an alright Batman Beyond, though I haven't read his Nightwing

Errr sure?
This doesn't exactly make sense, but I'll reserve judgment until I know more

>Nightwing: The New Order arrives in stores August 23, 2017
That soon? When is Dark Matter starting?

What in the fuck

>Dick Grayson going fascist?
Oh sweet Jesus a guy they think is a Gypsy going Nazi. This is going to be DC's Secret Empire isn't it?

Miniseries. It doesn't seem to be canon (since Dick offed Superman in the opening pages).

It was very dull

it's a miniseries and it's clearly out of canon. It'll barely make a blip in the radar

>They need to realize Grayson is A list now
Which is probably why they're pushing him since he has his own book, is main character in a team book, and is now getting his own mini where he kills the DC universe. What do you Dickfags want?

I-I'd love a mini where he saves the DC universe...

>Whether Nightwing: The New Order is in continuity has not been formally announced
Why the fuck would it be

>What do you Dickfags want?

Morrison again

Seeley doing his best Moz impression was good though

What if there was a mini where he fucks the DCU? Like literally that personification of it from JL/Avengers

>he apparently takes offense at the Bat Family being shat on, but not the Titans.
Actually, the Bat-Family hasn't been mentioned in this thing yet. The variant seems to imply that Dick has a metahuman kid (or at least, that's what I'm starting to get from it).

Well Supes did have that outfit in this continuity now, but yeah, it's obviously not canon

If injustice didn't start a stink, even though it's in a different timeline. This won't either.

I'd rather have that then this edgy "kills the DC universe" cancer.

You'll get the shock factor of DC's nice guy going Deadpool and like it mister.

At least one other Robin will be leading a resistance, guaranteed.

Honestly I don't really mind this. I just wish someone better than Higgins was writing it. Edgy Elseworlds can be alright.

>Elseworlds are back

Neat. Weird premise, but i'll take it. Been a while since a Big 2 book suprised me.

True I would probably feel better if someone other then Higgins was writing. Just such an underwhelming name to be writing Dick, AGAIN.

>An Elseworld where Dick isn't shat on

Intrigued so far

>Elseworlds are back.
Neat. So this is like a fascist Nightwing version of Red Son?

Original sauce: screenrant.com/nightwing-new-order-dc-comic/

Writer: Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers)
Artist: Trevor McCarthy (Aquaman, Klarion)

>implying
It's actually #2's regular cover

>A supremacist who turns 180 when he realizes his actions can hurt his own family
>Not being shat on
Hey at least it's him shitting on others this time.

A book that isn't going to sell is hurting the character not helping him.

>Higgins

Ehhhh

If editorial isn't all over his ass this might be okay

So is this an alternate future of an elseworld orrrr

Because if it's an elseworld, that's pretty cute that he gets one because Batman has the most

The description implies that it's an alternate future, but it seems to be played like an Elseworld.

The Crusaders try to kill Dick's kid with Starfire. Neat.

I kind of feel like this would have been better as a "What if Lex won?" Elseworld.

Oh shit that's my birthday. Yeah I'm not picking it up.

I don't think it's a good to do this kind of story after the clusterfunk that it's HydraCap even if it is elseworld story.

Also, Dick sounds like a hypocrite douchebag.

REEEEE I want Shazam, JSA, the Question, LoSH or Booster not an unimportant elseworlds by a talentless hack with a very Secret Empire-ish plot

>Grayson is A list now
Lmao. That's why he keeps reverting to being Batman's fucktoy.

>then

>Superman has his red tights
What?

Rebirth.

I'm not his fan, but I can't blame them for worrying because this could end up very badly for Dick.

Because for some people, continuity trumps story.

Why?

>Higgins to write Nightwing again
Rebirth? More like Rehash. I don't know how anyone can even defend Johns as a higher up?

I wish he were Batmans fucktoy

It probably ties in the Metal. I bet there will be a couple more of these AU minis

Isn't that the Young Justice tie-in comic?

Because Deadpool/The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe are such great stories...

Isn't Deadpool Kills the Universe Marvel's best selling trade?

No it wouldn't, stop pretending Lex cares about humanity. He is just a bad guy.

Just by calling it Shazam you are not a fan.

He never got his red tights back though

He did, though.

This is probably an elseworld.
Also as of rebirth, the trunks are canon again, he just stopped wearing them a few years ago in-universe.

>Higgins
No thanks.

>tfw twitter is already starting to melt down about this

Delicious.

Man, this is already getting a bad reception.

I have to agree with the dude who said that it's a bad idea to do this series after HydraCap.

But why though?
Like it would be an interesting story if they did it with Batman. For Dick it just doesn't make any sense, it doesn't even have the shock value of evil Supes/Cap.

Qhen we see weird mixes like this, I always wonder if they're peaks into odd moments for editorial.

>How can we get in on this super-fascists meme?
Jesus DC, you're supposed to be better than this.

But killing supers doesn't make Nightwing a nazi.

>Bi-sweet boy
So they're feeling their fan fiction of Dick and Steve being bi is being betrayed?

>favorite bi sweet boy
Nice head canon

That's what I was thinking. I wonder why they didn't go with Batman, since that clearly would be something an AU Bruce would do. Whatever happened to Dick must have been extremely fucked. Bruce and Damian are most likely dead already.

>shock value of evil Supes/Cap
It has some shock value since you'd never think that Dick would be the one to do that, plus they already did evil Supes

Calling your series "New Order" does.

>That's what I was thinking. I wonder why they didn't go with Batman, since that clearly would be something an AU Bruce would do.

Here's the thing: BATMAN'S A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

There's no point in seeing an asshole creep acting like an asshole creep. Batman turning bad doesn't has that "OH, SHI-" quality, since everyone already see the character as deranged.

That's why they probably went with Nightwing. Nightwing is seen as a good boy who's beloved by all much like Superman.

I wasn't aware they think Captain America will turn against the system he created soon.

>But when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years—the last metahumans of the DC Universe.

>Batman turning bad doesn't has that "OH, SHI-" quality
It will actually.

People are facepalming over Nightwing turning bad, not actually shocked.

>Nightwing finally gets popular among normies over the past 5 years

>DC lets a shit writer write a shitty elseworld that goes against Dick's entire being

Why. I get its an Elseworld but Dick literally just got promoted to A list. He doesn't need this kind of shitty story that could be people's first look at him.

No matter what the reason he is hunting down metas it doesn't make sense. Dick is the forgive and forget type.

Sometimes it hurts to be right these people are retarded, but you have to wonder why DC thought it was a good idea to publish this story now, the reaction was going to be obvious.

>Dick is the forgive and forget type.

he literally became Nightwing because he couldn't work with/for Batman anymore

Because he was in a circus he must be a gypsy? I love bow racist these people are.

Yet he still shows up anytime Bruce needs him. He just needed space. You can't live at home forever.

He actually become Nightwing because he grow up and there was a new kid in town.

Fuck you, Clark. Lex is the hero we need.

He is Roma descended, that is canon

They did say he was a gypsy at one point way back I think it was another Devin Grayson hand grenade.

Fuck Higgins. The whole reason Rebirth is doing well is no one wants to read about this dark depressing shit anymore.

they probably asked creators "pitch a dark AU story" and higgins went with dick

There's plenty of Nazi imagery on those covers

Why? I'm convinced Snyder is hellbent on ruining the entire Batman mythos. Everytime someone fix's Bruce Snyder immediately trys to write a try hard story that brings him back to dark and edgy.