So is he supposed to be some kind of an alien that happens looks like a raccoon or is actually one?

So is he supposed to be some kind of an alien that happens looks like a raccoon or is actually one?

Did they alter his origin in the MCU compared to the comics or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4MMjSsnQwYg?t=64
cosmicbooknews.com/content/james-gunn-doesnt-guardians-galaxy-animated-series-soundtrack
twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/643462579344445440
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's a raccoon that was experimented on. I thought that was clear?

He's a Raccoon from a planet of Animal People who may or may not have been Earth creatures that were abducted and altered in a weird cybernetic Island of Dr. Moreau manner.

This. I believe it's supposed to be intentionally ambiguous.

I wonder why he started calling himself Rocket.

because his racoon penis may or might not resemble a rocket?

see

"Drax, I told you that in confidence!"

Since Rocket doesn't understand what a raccoon is, he probably doesn't come from earth. I suppose its possible for a similar species to replicate the evolution of a raccoon on another planet though.

It's left intentionally ambiguous I think.

A deleted scene from the first movie reveals that he has vivid memories of his mother eating his siblings, so he's seen other raccoons at least:

youtu.be/4MMjSsnQwYg?t=64

Cant wait for Lyla to show up.

and Cosmo. not as cameo, but as full fledged character.

Rocket has some serious identity issues, which is a big part of why he's a dick, they addressed this a few times, particularly when Yondu called him out on it.

Drax is MAUI?!

>Since Rocket doesn't understand what a raccoon is, he probably doesn't come from earth
How does that follow? He could've been picked up as a baby so he was too young to remember, or his brain is so scrambled from experimentation that he forgot. And raccoons don't understand English and avoid humans, so they wouldn't know what a racoon is anyway. But more likely some aliens picked up raccoons from earth a long time ago, and bred them and genetically modified their descendants.

"You were drunk, not confident."

I presume this was before he was uplifted.

explains its in the cartoon

is the cartoon any good?

it's like every modern marvel cartoon

"HEY KIDS REMEMBER THAT SCENE FROM THE MOVIE??"

Do you think animals acknoladge the names we give them? Do you really think a bear thinks to himself "I am a bear"

I believe that was his point.

Seriously. It states this in the first fucking movie.

>Do you really think a bear thinks to himself "I am a bear"

well then explain why that goddamn shark knows it is a shark and to suck its dick

"What's the difference?"

The cartoon Gunn disowned when he said that it had nothing to do with his movies and then shat on their mix, which got so much negativity that the cartoon stopped adding music to their episodes.

Lol no

Source?

Not cause I don't believe you, I just wanna hear Gunn tear the cartoon to pieces

>cosmicbooknews.com/content/james-gunn-doesnt-guardians-galaxy-animated-series-soundtrack

>twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/643462579344445440

>"shat on their mix"
>literally only said he wasn't a fan

>Since Rocket doesn't understand what a raccoon is, he probably doesn't come from earth
Do you think racoons from earth understand the word "Racoon" or something?