What exactly was the Phantom Menace?

What exactly was the Phantom Menace?

>no hentai book sticking out behind his paper

i guess sheev was a phantom because he didnt appear in the flesh, and acted like a spectre around the entire plot

and he was a menace because he caused conflict

it was a menace II society

If you read the books -- Plagueis was the Phantom Menace.

Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Palpatine. It's open for interpretation, which makes it a good title

I think 'The Phantom Menace' was actually a great title. It's intriguing.

(sigh) It wasn't until I read this book that I actually understood what Lucas was doing with the Phantom Menace. This novel is set 1 year before the film's events and documents how Palpatine became the Chancellor, why he set up a blockade in Naboo and how the trade federation got a hold of the droids (because Palpatine was forcing the Senate to get them and hence when Palpatine took over, he got the trade fedoration to use them as weapons).

If you want to introduce a friend to the prequels I highly recommend you to get them to read this or to listen to the audiobook and THEN watch Phantom Menace right after. It makes so much sense.

dark maul obviously

>dark maul obviously
It's Palpatine you idiot. Are you serious? The Phantom Menace is Palpatine who is Sidious and who communicated with the trade fedoration, disguising himself so no one knew his true personality but all they knew was that he was a Sith lord and made them believe he would help them out if they obeyed him as the novel Cloak of Deception details.

You do realise Plagueis was alive in the Phantom Menace essentially planning everything out? The Clone Wars was his idea.

"Palpatine" is hardly the phantom menace. he's only in the film for 5 seconds and hes not a bad guy at the point anyway

a shitty movie which the prequels, that had some great ideas, unfortunately never recovered from

P.S. why didn't Qui-Gon just buy a new ship?

Not in the movies DAWG

as soon as all there local merchants figured out he can't leave with it they raise the price 1 million percent.

why didnt he just steal anakin

why didnt he just take schmi along with them

palpy did nothing wrong. smoke weed every day my dudes

Sheeev

jar jar binx. incase him follow everyone around the entire movie despite having nothing in common didn't hint it enough.

Anakin's destiny.

Darth Jar Jar Binks.

Who is the guy next to sheev? I can't remember him in the movie, also can't remember the actors name

No idea who the character is but the actor looks like Udo Kier

if you need a new car are all the car merchants going to raise the price because you need it for transportation? why would they do something that would guarantee they didn't make a sale?

i can accept that they wouldn't get a fair price, but they don't need a fair price, they need a working ship

you got the scale all wrong. Pretend the planet is a small town in the middle of nowhere ran by a random fat ganster.

Nah that's not him he often plays evil old business man i think at some point he also played an evil vampire. I think he's British but i just don't remember his name

it's titled "the invisible threat" in greece, I always assumed it's about the dark side's rise to power

it's not udo kier, trying to remember where I've seen him, I'll tell you when I find out

Qui Gon Jin for being a pedo

found it, it's Terence Stamp

Supreme Chancellor Valorum

Jesus fuck i can't believe I forgot the original Zod but thanks user. Anyway who is he supossed to be? Plageius?

The Chancellor preceding Sheev.

>Jesus fuck i can't believe I forgot the original Zod
right? total brainfart there
again, he's Supreme Chancellor Valorum in episode 1

No accepted Republic credits

Slaves had tracker chips in them and the Hutts would have blown up ships trying to leave with slaves that didn't belong to them

That would be gay

Qui Gon Jin took anakin away from his mom and groomed him. He is the phantom menace

yeah dunno - phantom means something that appears to be there but isn't. So a phantom menace is not a real threat. Was there something in the movie that turned out not to matter?

>No accepted Republic credits

they had a rare, expensive luxury cruiser filled with rare, expensive parts

>Was there something in the movie that turned out not to matter?

the entire Naboo plot didn't really seem to matter all that much considering the actual start of the war happened at the end of the second movie

so The Naboo Plot was the phantom menace? is there a better way to put it

Was supposed to be Jar Jar

This.

The Sith, who have been in hiding for a millenia by this point.

the sith don't actually exist.

I rewatched the prequels recently an in all that clusterfuck I was able to finally understand what the movies were about, they weren't really about Anakin, they were about Sheev.

its dark father you twat

Alright thanks guys, he probably hadn't much screen time or else I'd at least remember seeing him

It really is. Episodes 1 and 4 have the best titles.

>why he set up a blockade in Naboo
It's made quite obvious in the film he did it to make the chancellor look incompetent and get sympathy votes.
>and how the trade federation got a hold of the droids
I always assumed they had them to defend themselves from space pirates.

Disney

Force Ghosts.
The Force is Force Ghosts moving shit around. Sheev spin? It's Dath Plagueis and Darth Bane spinning him.
The torpedo in the Death Star trench? It was Obi-Wan riding the missile. Why do you think he let himself be killed?

It's quite obvious Lucas was stretching the plot thin to make enough material for three movies. He should've called ANH "Episode III" like he originally intended.

Why couldn't anikan buy his mom as a sex slave?

I don't know. How rich was the average Jedi?

>Sheev spin
RAAARRRRRRG

Why a sex slave?

they are all poor farmers that strongarm galactic politics.

More to the point, how exactly did the force "awaken"?