Why are you guys butthurt about the kiss

Why are you guys butthurt about the kiss

Because it's following a trope nobody wanted or asked for. We just wanted to see jack fight off Aku and win.

We're not. It's tumblr that's butthurt.

But you already knew that and just wanted to make another ragebait thread.

Well in general they are not a good couple

HETERONORMIES OUT REEEEEEEEE

>spent entire life hating the dude
>meets him and some of the people he saved
>all of her instilled hate is dropped.

He showed her a new path, user.

I'm not, it was cute.

Though I'm concerned one of them is going to die and stay dead.

We both know that's not how it happened.

it's literally a form of hate speech against gays

i'm real happy for jack
there's still hope for me

Kissless virgins.

Ashi is going to die. We going to be sad. Samurai Jack ends with a tearful resolution.

They're alone together, and they saved each other's lives, in both a literal and emotional sense, when they were at their lowest points. That's pretty impactful.

Also, we're not expecting realism from a show like this.
I feel you'd need to argue that artistically/from a storytelling perspective it was dumb. Which, if you feel that, I get it. I liked it though.

what're all the other threads for then senpai

Don't lump me with these guys.
I'm a sucker for cheesy shit like that

Forcing in a relation ship only 2 episodes away from the final is hurting the pacing.

I'm more butthurt that they got rid of the beard and long hair tbqh

no butthurt here, I just wish they'd set it up a little better if they were going to go that route

Hate and love are 2 sides of the same coin

because we couldnt even have a miniseries reboot that we've been waiting years for without the writers shoehorning in the MUH SHIPPING meme to appeal to tumblrinas

same hat

I have the same complaint I have with the rest of the series: it's moving too quickly.

Which isn't really avoidable. It's a shame we only get ten episodes

gotta make room for the FLCL hype train

Hate sex is best sex.

Genndy should've fought for 25 episodes

because emoji alien is his one true love

I liked that they got together quick in the same ep they established attraction to each other, even though I know they didn't have the option to stretch it out over multiple eps. Then again, maybe I find it refreshing because Sup Forums's been bombarded with a million Starco/will-they-won't-they bullshit shipping debate threads.

It happened way too late, if it was going to happen at all. It needed to happen before Jack got his sword and the hype started up again.

I forgot this was happening.

Is it still happening?

>MUH SHIPPING meme to appeal to tumblrinas
you realize tumblr hates straight pairings right

Reminder that Sup Forums was right again..

>Why are you guys butthurt about the kiss
I couldn't be happier. Fuck me right?

Ashi's hate takes 3 episodes to abate, over a course of weeks of revelations.

First, we see her frantically trying to prop up her 'samurai is a demon' brainwashing while he keeps saving her and looking more like a kicked dog than a threat to the world.

Then he shows that even when he doesn't know she's watching, he's a gentle soul who loves the one secret thing she'd always treasured, the natural world.

Then he agrees to show her proof of Aku's evil, taking her all around the world to show her examples, and letting her conclude for herself.

Then she witnesses him literally unable to harm children who have been mind-controlled into violent animals, and who are trying to tear him apart. A minion of Aku even gloats about how Jack has always been like this. It's probably beginning to sound familiar to Ashi.

Then Ashi tries to track Jack down, and meets a lot of people who clearly consider Jack the good man she'd been beginning to suspect he was. She casts aside the trappings of the cult, even her weapon. When pressed, she admits Jack is a friend.

Then she finds Jack about to kill himself out of guilt and grief, and after she's stirred him from his funk and saved her from the Omen, the first thing he does is praise some of the first real choices she's made for herself ever.

It's a pretty long build up. Even after Ashi has been giving overwhelming proof again and again that her cult was wrong, she hesitates before acknowledging she's come to see Jack as a friend, not an enemy.

I mean I haven't heard anything since SJ started up but yeah I assume so

I'm not, I love it.

>Hilarious
>Cute
>Imploded every asshole from tumblr to Sup Forums

I was looking forward to this moment happening, honestly.

Though maybe I shouldn't, because if it happens now, something has gone very, very wrong.

Oh cool, Jashi thread. Damn do those lyrics fit so well.

Shipping is always retarded, the less a show has, the better. It's an objective fact that shipping is autistic dribble. If I were a writer I would just have the characters already be in a relation ship so I don't bait tumblr and the faggots on Sup Forums from ruining the fanbase.

>born and raised in a cave your entire life, starved of love, burned in tar, the shit beaten out of you for any minor transgression
>taught to hate this one dude because mum says so
>always harbor a love for nature and a doubt about your entire life in the back of your onion-shaped head
>constantly think about THE SAMURAI
>finally go out to kill the guy
>OH NO HE'S HOT.jpg
>see he's acting in self defense, giving you multiple chances to fuck off
>keep trying to kill him,
>he saves your life anyways
>see him treat the smallest creatures in the world with the same wonderment you did as a child
>get confused as fuck, tons of questions
>lose track of the guy
>travel through the world and discover that he's a goddamn hero who's saved countless lives and entire civilizations
>spend some time with him one on one
>he's kind, sweet, humble, and soft spoken

how the fuck could she not fall for him?

this is ripe for a MAGA hat edit

More like MADA

>Make Aku Dead Again

I'd fall for him after that and I'm straight.

Done, famalamadingdong

I miss their old looks a bit.

Furfags, pls.

>This is ending like Korra

Do you think when this is all over they'll occasionally spice things up with a little 'wicked samurai/brave assassin' play, or is Jack too vanilla for that?

because it was poorly set up

Too vanilla. For now.

I'd die to see Jack try and pretend to be evil. And not 'cool, quiet evil' like he did with the gangsters.

He's got years of "FOOLISH SAMURAI" material to go from.

Serious question: Does anyone care that Jack hooked up with Ashi? Or do they just care that Jack hooked up?

I've seen the fag squad furious that either one isn't with a same sex person, but most annoyance seems to boil down to Ashi 'stealing' Jack.

No, I'm more upset by the abysmal pacing and the fact that Jack and Ashi were able to largely overcome their issues in the span of last week's episode. Also the fact that Jack and Ashi's romance was rushed, and that we had this filler romance episode happen BEFORE the Aku face-off. Or the fact that Ashi exists at all when her screentime could've been used for previously-established characters such as Aku or the Scotsman.

It's just shit writing all around.

Personally, I'm not mad that they hooked up so much as it just feels way too quick. In a 10 episode season, a new character and love interest is a lot of development to cram in for both characters in a very, very short amount of time.
I feel like it just wasn't the move Genndy shoulda made. Maybe if he had another 5 or more episodes this season, it could've worked out much, much better. But what do I know? I'm not at the helm of the show.
Ultimately I think Jack absolutely deserves a waifu and happiness.

It's pure cancerous tripe this show for 4 fucking seasons was about a lone samurai fighting evil traveling the world on a quest, the first 3 episodes of this season showed a new avenue to explore regarding the psychological devastation said lone samurai experiences in his quest then they throw this garbage romance drivel for 5 episodes now. Make them fuck for one episode sure fits right on with the whole genre of "traveling ronin" no problem, focus the majority of the closing season on this terrible romance story and it's a big deal. The reboot was a mistake and from what has been released so far, a blemish on a fantastic series.

Sounds like a personal problem you got there bub

Because I don't want Jack get soyed by some random chick. He isn't ready for relationship.

Well, this could've happened in one episode. What would be the point of the revival, then?

>status quo is important!
Capeshit reader spotted.

>He isn't ready for relationship.
>has the experience of an ~80 year old
>isn't ready
uwotm8

The tumblr elements of Sup Forums. You think tumblrites just popped out of the ground buddy? No, they immigrated there from existing sites like Sup Forums and Others-that-shall-not-be-namedchan. Doesn't mean they don't come back to shitpost.

It's not that big a stretch that they'll come to a place that promises anonymity by default to rant about shit they find annoying.

>hurr who cares if the thematic elements of a long running simplistic episodic series get turned on their head for generic romance that's both bland and so poorly placed there's a fucking jump cut to a wildly different kissing shot complete with a ridiculously cheesy love song to satiate the long gone teenage fantasies of the showrunners real life waifu

But the Jashi relationship changed Jack back to the status quo from the new direction that the season started with.

I wasn't. Most people I know that watched it wasn't. It's only when I got on the internet did I see people erecting another Hall of Anal Devastation and filling it with their rage.

wow, sounds like some teenagers fanfiction

He has to kill Aku and return to his world first. Besides, there are other women that Jack can pick besides an assassin.

Jack has less interpersonal experience than some people here, and that's downright sad.

But he's a grown man, he's ready as he wants to be.

No, Iam butthurt about this season being more about developing a fucktoy for Jack instead the show being about Jack getting back to the past

Because deep down people still know that they'd just get weird looks if they started sperging out around actual people.
On the internet they don't have to deal with peoples immediate physical reactions so they go full retard at the drop of a hat.

I honestly don't get it. Am I just stupid or something? I'm totally confused by all of this backlash.
I thought Ashi and Jack's relationship was well done, especially within the context of the series. It's very sweet and cute without being overboard and with appropriate buildup. The scene where Jack and Ashi awkwardly fight the tiger people on the camel bus is one of my favorites in this season. It was a really good tipping point in confirming what direction this was heading.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a sucker for romance, but hate really just seems unjustified to me.

And all of you faggots trying to justify this ridiculous scenario, I'm sure you're big fans of such literary titans as Harry Potter or Everybody Poops. it's not even about the shoehorned love plot, it's about the atrocious editing and presentation of that scene. Jesus Christ you retards, have some standards.

Fucking this!

Because they should nose rubbing instead

>It's a pretty long build up. Even after Ashi has been giving overwhelming proof again and again that her cult was wrong, she hesitates before acknowledging she's come to see Jack as a friend, not an enemy.
Well they're complaining about the romantic parts, not her being deradicalized.
Of course looking at it objectively shes a young girl who has no experience in love or life and funny enough this is what almost always happens when they spend enough time with a guy they find mildly attractive.

Its why so many women end up getting hurt overall. They come preprogrammed to desire a more experience partner because usually that meant being better taken care of.

Humanity has yet to truly evolve past its beginnings but usually after the first time experience wins out and they move to actually choosing someone to love.

Welp jacks never had a girl in the last 80 yrs, ashis been developing feelings for him at the end of episode 6 and started growing through 7 and 8. At the end of 8 they were literally in the heat of the moment so they were like fuck it lets do it

We've had hints these two are attracted to each other since not long after seeing each others' faces, so it didn't seem too abrupt to me.

Episode 8 is pretty much the first time things have slowed down enough that they really had time to dwell on their attraction. Finding Aku's castle takes a while.

As an aside, I'm amused that the series' second 'love arc' episode ever happened in a desert - again.

so pure Sup Forums users don't rant about shit they find annoying because the site promises anonymity

Perhaps I should reword the question given that no one has really answered it.

What aspect of the relationship do people care about?

The fact that it's Jack and Ashi who became a couple with one another? Or the fact that Jack finally has a woman to make him happy?

Nearly all of the people going "Haha, kissless virgins" or whatever never really seem to talk about Ashi herself, just the relationship. And that's what I'm curious about, because I have no problem with Jack being in a relationship. It's just that I don't find Ashi a compelling other half for him.

I dunno, I think it's cool to have a character that actually understands a lot of what Jack went through, and who still cleaves to similar ideals through a different path. And I like that Jack was saved more through empathy than killer sword moves.

EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY SOMETIMES

No, they rant about other shit no one cares about, and when they do, it's often less rage and more a tired resignation of things that are. When it comes to ships however, that's like exclusively tumblr territory, and they'll come flying at you like an angry Korean.

Such fucking cringeworthy out of place trash

>not liking Dean Martin

unironically kill yourself my man

Things have turned around for Jack: He got his sword back, his hope and will to fight has returned, and now, he's found love. I couldn't be happier for the guy, and I'm pretty satisfied with how things are going right now.

However, I'm now nervous that something bad is going to happen, that's going to turn things back around for Jack (like Ashi getting straight up murdered by Aku or something).

No matter what happens though, I can't wait to see what happens next! Saturday had better hurry the fuck up and get here!

Why waste a whole ep on innuendos when you can show us the SCATBOT and the SCOTSMAN with a little NON-FLASHBACK AKU

dude not cool
blue board

Call the mods, I don't give a fuck

>heteronormies
At least we accept our gender, you unironic faggot.

I'm not at all, perfect desu

I said it was out of place trash I didn't comment on the quality of the music you double nigger

I genuinely dont care. Jack deserves to be happy for once. Im just looking forward to the finale. I want to see how they wrap this up after such a long hiatus

Through dick, unity.

We get 10 episodes.

She's taken 4 of them.

>fav tumblr artist that drew a lot of Jack fanart was absolutely disgusted by the ep

I couldn't give less of a fuck about the romance myself, but I'm just sad this episode means much less cute Jack art in the future

Y'know, this reminds me of the ending of Episode 4 where people were mad about Ashi 'suddenly' doing a complete turn over a ladybug. And then when Episode 5 happened it turned out that she didn't, and that the ladybug was just a catalyst to get her to even consider listening to him.

I kind of expect that next episode will show them being really awkward around each other over it, with it having been a heat of the moment thing. Maybe they split up temporarily as a result, with Ashi going to get some new clothes and somehow getting captured while Jack is off doing something else.

He's been dirtied user, he lost his title as the ultimate husbando

was it really worthy it Genndy?
losing your fanbase so you can outlive your dirty heterosexual fantasies?

I wonder if Genndy even wanted to do a season 5. That he shit on it so hard to an extent that it seems he wanted to piss off the fanbase as much as possible says no. Maybe he was forced to do one after years of joking about it and this is his bitterness. It's a good explanation for how someone could fuck up this bad. Even made the first three episodes genuinely good to lure people into a false sense of security. Those were the most amazing things that have ever been written and televised.