LOGH Live Action

Could Hollywood do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-01/the-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-gets-live-action-screen-adaptation/.123466
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.
Anyway, there is already the tv series Babylon 5.

Maybe 80s or 90s Hollywood could've done a pilot or miniseries, but even that's a stretch.

Just preserve the old OVA and ignore any new attempts to revive it, nobody in a position to do a new adaptation stands a chance of topping the old one, not even modern Japan apparently.

>it's a flashback episode

I skipped all of those, fyi

I actually enjoyed those. I liked learning about the history of humanity up to that point

>I liked learning about the history of humanity up to that point

I could see that, I guess I was more interested in the unfolding conflict in the present.

They wouldn't due to its politics.

Yes, but they'd make it the Legend of the Jewish Heroes

There's at least five Mary Sues in that picture.

Can hollywood make a movie about a benevolent totalitarian leader fighting a corrupt and degenerate democracy?

Chinks are already funding it desu.

>benevolent

None of them are Mary Sues. Yang comes closest, but he is also a beta.

Yang

(Reminder he's half French)

>LOGH Live Action

An enlightened despot Vs. a democracy with corrupt tendencies threatening to destroy the core values of democracy. I think it would be very hard for an American film maker to not see things black and white for once, to take a step back from their by Christianity imbued dualism, and present a very interesting political-ethical debate developing over the course of many episodes.
> They cannot.

Cast him

Reminder that he’s Jewish.

Bittenfeld

Not masculine enough.

Mittermeyer

Yeah, you need a ginger with a strong jawline

Rubinsky

fpbp

Kircheis

which actress would play reinhard von lohengramm?

Not sympathetic enough.

Oh god dont let the jews touch this!

Alliance= America
Empire= Germany
Phezzan= jews

Are the books worth checking out?

Phezzan is more like Venetians
Well synonym I guess

Reinhard and Kircheis?

me on the left

Reinhard

What's the best way to watch this? How do I marathon all 110+ episodes?

fuck you, that guy is box office poison

one episode at the time. don't marathon it, slowly digest them and enjoy the ride, my man.

Oberstein

>Rubinsky

How did they got away with it?

If jewllywood made this then reinhard would be an arrogant evil Nazi executing people for disobeying his orders to massacre women and children, yang would be largely the same i guess

I seriously hope they don't even try, and if they do, I hope they go all black cast.

We already got this masterpiece from HBO.

Adam Driver for Bittefeld, Fassbender for Poplan.

Too handsome.

Reuenthal

Meshengo was a token Black guy except he was awesome.

I wouldn't mind if the FPA was diversified and the Empire was more ethnically homogenous. However that'd never fly in Hollywood.

Dusty would be an easy character to make black or change the ethnicity of without impacting the narrative.

Switch these two.

But Cucumberpatch is actually odd eyed like Reuenthal

No. Not even close.

Fassbender for Reuenthal or Schonkopf

Sure. The show and the novels go note for note. You will constantly have flashbacks to the anime while reading the novels.

Trunicht

I'm not joking

exquisite choice, he was the man as Carcetti

Oh man, does anybody remember that british program where some old dude is reviewing this shit? The audience reactions to the violence are top kino.

That big fucking guy defending Geserlen Fortress when the Nobles were holding it during the civil war as any one of the guys playing the mountain

I do, seen it in Bob Samurai's Dojo fb group, made me laugh and I do hope he was joking. I remember he joked about the gore in it.

No. I don't think it could translate well to live action. No studio would give it the 250 million it needs to do a first film.
Plus I think the audience would be bored with all the strategy scenes, waiting for the big epic explosions.

Braunschweig

Fucking no.
He's probably wanted to play him over the top.
Yang has to have charm but be humble and almost reserved.

If anything g he's make a decent Attenborough.

>Could Hollywood do it?
Definitely. Should they? No, not at all. They'd already screw up by making the cast nothing but anglo mutts.

That pussy? Hell nah.
Maybe Poplan.

We need a twink to play him

Watching Last Jedi, when the ships were fleeing and all the space battle were happening, I got LotGH vibes.

So it's doable. Just has to be in the right hands with the right cast. It's been interesting to see if a studio would allow it.

Why? the show is terrible and overly drawn out. its an endless cycle of getting you to like certain characters then killing them off in battles where they line ships up 3ft from each other on the same plane like its the fucking 1700s and they die in 1 hit.

Line battles are awesome.

Lutz

>not casting the most important character

It would need to be a miniseries/TV series. Shit's like 40 hours long. Pic related should play Mittermeyer (Owen Wilson) and Reuenthal (Ben Stiller). I feel like they could convey the brofessional relationship the two have.

You mean the history documentary episodes, or the episodes with young Reinhard and Kircheis?

George Clooney

Not chink enough.
I approve
Are you blind or what?
Reuenthal

GO BACK

I'd rather have a gook to play Yang

Sup Forums sucks

>tfw you can't cast him as Merkatz anymore

Their discussions of LOGH is usually decent tho

Heydrich Lang

Not enough of a mutt.

Thats only becaue 90% anime male characters are beta. Yang is mary sue and worst parts of series also that his adopted brat is even worse mary sue who is even better than yang in everything.

Like a TV program? I'd like to see that

Seconded.

I think 5 two and half hr long films could work. The idea that time passes and characters get older is beneficial to a series like this.

Can't act. Watch Mayhem and you'll see how bad this guy is at acting.

As a TV series yes. Amazon shouldve got on it instead of LOTR.

Please god no. Just leave me alone with my things and stop trying to take them Hollywood.

Mintz

too old
your casting sucks

>Schonkopf
No, not manly enough.

Mads Mikkelsen

Idris Elba. And the chick from last Spiderman as his daughter

That time is already upon us.

I hate how everyone in this show is either so dumb or so smart. The worst is that they aren't even really smart. They just come out as smart because of how dumb everyone else is. It's just like watching Sherlock.

Ye show would be better if anyone who opposes Yang or Reinhard would not just suicide because of their stupidity. Ye you are trying to show that they are exceptional but it takes away from it when opposition just rolls over and dies because of their stupidity.

Why is Yang Wenli such a good tactician if he almost failed out of the military academy?

Merkatz was winning, but his side was too retarded in empire civil war.

Bittenfield is just Bittenfield.

Alliance commanders tend to be red tape so much it cost them their asses.

He was able to think outside the box because he goofed off in school and didn't take seriously the box that they were teaching.

No wonder losers love him.

Underrated truthful statement.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-01/the-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-gets-live-action-screen-adaptation/.123466

Chinese live action LoGH, here we come.

No. Live action LOGH would be best as a low budget theatrical production focusing on talking heads.

Tony Leung

we already had an logh live action, it's called babylon 5