RLM’s Space Cop

THOUGHTS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PUNRd_OqDE
youtube.com/watch?v=Zil4cvDwlcM
youtube.com/watch?v=IL8zzCccx0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember when some user uploaded it all on youtube and gave it really obscure name so no one besides Sup Forums users would find it? Then it got taken down because RLM reported it because they really do browse this board.

He was a good friend.

WHERES THE CHRISTMAS BOTW YOU FUCKING SELLOUTS

>make a career out of telling people their movies suck
>your own movies suck

RMMT

They had to shoot an emergency BotW last minute because the previous one had Max Landis as a guest star and they're trying to pretend he doesn't exist for obvious reasons.

>the patreon preview had that 6 minute rape joke between Rich and Max
They must be freaking out right now.

Source?

I’ll wait.

They said it will be after Christmas because delays on the Last Jedi review set their production schedule back. Landis had nothing to do with it.

you're an idiot

pics or didn't happen

They better not pussy out. I want another max botw.

That’s not a source

Stoklasa gtfo. come back when there's a new video on youtube.

>know how to shoot a scene
>know how to make props, sets
>known how to light a scene
>know how to edit a movie together
>can follow through and finish this
>it's shit

Even their careboars cartoon is better than their movies. How do they keep fucking this up?

It fucking is after Christmas god dammit

And tomorrow will also be after Christmas. So will the day after that.

>"It's shit on purpose!"
I like RLM but they need to take something seriously for once.

it's a classic

Landis said he visited Milwaukee in September. It's a bit strange nothing came of it so far, don't you think?

I liked it but I probably do only because I enjoy rlm content. If I knew nothing of them I'd probably hate it.

It's just so infuriating, all I want is someone else who would like to work on projects with me and these fat dorks from Wisconsin have 5 and they still can't do anything right.

Mike is ashamed of his voice, specially his laugh. This is why he created Plinkett, to mask it, same reason why he used that fucking accent in Space Cop.

>How do they keep fucking this up?

For better or for worse they're all clowns who only want to do their own idiosyncratic style of comedy.

fun fact: this video is something Mike made for film school:
youtube.com/watch?v=_PUNRd_OqDE
There was no hope of them being real professionals from the start.

They have no money or proper equipment
Despite Patreon money (which mostly goes into rent), they use the cheapest stuff

Surprisingly good, but that's all I remember about it.

I mean, I watched the whole thing. That has to put it at 8/10 at least, right?

Why? For what purpose? They have a specific style of comedy that they enjoy, what would be the point in "taking themselves seriously" by your standards?

>Patreon money (which mostly goes into rent)
You don't honestly think that a warehouse outside Milwaukee costs almost $20K a month, do you?

It sucked hard. But I still enjoyed it because I'm a fan of their work. Ralph breaks it down for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zil4cvDwlcM

You don't think they actually have day jobs do you? The rest of the money goes on their personal rent and food, Rich is a big money sink in that department.

>about to upload a video
>find out the guest is a rapist sodomite
Best of the JUST

Space Cop is an utter cultural disaster and I mean that in the nicest terms possible.

Mike Stoklasa’s cinematic language is littered with wannabe translucent visuals reminiscent of the student films Christopher Nolan used to show to his friends during college parties. The film is supposedly an ode to fanboys but during it’s entire 102 minute runtime I couldn’t help but feel like it was a mastubatory vanity project meant to put the entire Red Letter crew on a pedestal.

Take for example the drawn out cameo by past-his-prime funnyman Patton Oswalt, whose career peak was conjuring up a superhero universe on the spinoff show ‘Parks & Recreations’. The almost 10+ minute scene of a stoic postured Oswalt is riddled with him going on a painfully unfunny “rant” in what I assume is misguided improvisation which ultimately serves nothing to Space Cop’s overarching narrative and is only shoehorned in to allow Mike Stoklasa to flaunt his first and last celebrity cameo. The scene is so useless, so incredibly eye-roll inducing that I assumed it was a subconscious decision made by Mike to sell his soul to the suits in Hollywood.

But Jay Bauman is the biggest offender; serving as co-director on this monstrosity, various parts of Space Cop feel as if they were directly ripped out of Twin Peaks, Mr. Bauman’s unhealthy fascination with David Lynch seeping out into every other frame in the film. These tonal shifts don’t work well for a movie that presents itself as a “so bad it’s ironically good” internet production. It presents itself so bad in fact, that you get the impression that Jay is trying to incorporate elements of an actual film effort into what he believes would be his only shot at a motion picture. It’s so sad and pathetic that I basically had to shut the movie off temporarily and relieve myself with a glass of whiskey in order to come to gripes with bearing witness to such a pathetic attempt.
0/10

They can't write.

If the footage is copywritten Youtube will automatically flag it, doesn't mean it was a manual takedown by RLM. Hell, that user might've done it for attention, taking it down himself.

Has a reviewer ever made anything worthwhile in the media they critic?

I really wish they would try to make a real movie. It'd be interesting to see. There's a Pre-Rec where Jack and Rich are talking about other movies Mike and Jay have done, and evidently the first one they made they showed off in someones backyard on a projector and the ending was "it was just a dream"

Jean-Luc Godard, Francois Truffaut, and Doug Walker

>You don't think they actually have day jobs do you?
No I don't think they have day jobs. That's not what you said though.

>sound levels are shit
>acting is shit
>story is shit
>jokes are shit any lazy hitb is miles better than this
its shit
nope.

Hmmm, isn't the only automatically copywritten material on Youtube that gets flagged, that material which is checked on an audio signature database? That database is populated by Corporate copyright holders material such as Disney, Sony and so on. I am quite unsure how an unknown independent film maker would be able to enter their work into the database. As far as I am aware the copyright holder has to submit the DMCA manually unless you're a corporation that can sue YouTube, in which case they make damn sure that the works are in the database.

>Doug Walker

Just

Does Jay say ingenue in it?

>Doug Walker

Fuck you! Doug Walker is not deserve to smell my shit!

FUCKING THIS!

This is probably their last movie, right? Rich and Mike are just too fat and lazy to ever do another movie.

I streamed it for Sup Forums when it came out.
It’s really bad, and not in a funny way. It’s mindnumbingly boring

Bump

Whatever happened to that plan to show Space Cop in an actual theatre?

When was that ever a plan?

absolute trash
the movie is literally everything they make fun of in "intentionally bad movies"

youtube.com/watch?v=IL8zzCccx0I

Utter gutter ooze garbage.
A mediocre F movie, F for failure,
Cringe carousel.

What does Mike smell like?