Jack: "Ashi! You're naked!"

>Jack: "Ashi! You're naked!"
>Ashi: "So?..."
>Jack: "Well..eh..y'know men and woman are ..different! and-d private things are personal!"
>Ashi: " You're not making any sense."
>Jack throws his gi on her.
>Ashi: "Jack, what are you doing?"
>Jack: " Um, you need protection! From the creature!"
>Ashi: "And your robe is gonna protect me?"
>Jack: "Actually it's a gi. and yes!"
>Ashi: "You're...acting weird".
>Jack: "Me? Weird?! Me?!" *nervous laughter*
>Ashi: "Okay..." *smiles and averts gaze*

What was going in Ashi's head? She knows public nudity is taboo from the waterfall scene, why was she confused with Jack's behavior?
Does she know nothing about attraction? If that's the case how'd she know to go for a kiss? Instinct?

I'm digging the ship but this keeps bugging me.

She knows that people where clothes but doesn't know about sex and doesn't see why Jack should care if he sees her naked. As for the kiss, I'm guessing he kissed her and she went along with it.

>but this keeps bugging me.
my god get a fucking life

Ashi doesn't think nudity is a big deal, even though she knows it isn't something you do in public. Additionally, they were in a life-and-death battle, so she found Jack's reaction puzzling. Finally, she doesn't seem to fully realize how hard Jack was crushing on her.

Jack, for his part, has always been bashful about nudity. He's behaving pretty much like a kid who sees something he's not supposed to.

>As for the kiss, I'm guessing he kissed her and she went along with it.

Eh, dunno about that, since we have like a full two seconds of Ashi staring expectantly at Jack to make a move while he's still calming down. Probably a mutual dive. (Don't do that, teeth smashing together is unironically awful.)

She correctly surmised that nudity is of extremely low priority when fighting for one's life.

>how'd she know to go for a kiss? Instinct?

Ashi saw the two deer kiss in episode 2 or 3. She assumed the antlered deer was a mighty servant of Aku, who would consume the doe, but instead they rub muzzles in affection. She was visibly confused, but I think that's where she got the idea.

She knew about kisses from the deer and probably just followed Jack's ques.

It's more logical for someone with a socially isolated upbringing like Ashi to be unfamiliar with the taboos of public nudity. I guess you could argue that 'uh-oh' in episode six means 'shit, no armor. guess i'll compromise and go with stealth camouflage' a la garden of eden.
That or she only learned what it was about on the way here, investigating people jack had met. so 'uh-oh' meant 'that guy i met who thought i wasn't wearing enough clothing before.. now i'm wearing even less of clothing! he'll be upset, i'd better make a different.. clothing'

Those sound like pretty poor coverups for lazy writing

Write the show then.

No, it's just basic logic anyone with a modicum of social savvy could understand, particularly if they'd watched Jack before.

Ashi has been practically naked her entire life, so of course she's confused why its a problem.

>Jack's sword
How am I just now getting that?

It could be because they were fighting a monster and that was more important.

Still came across as awkward writing, though.

That would have been cuter, I think, and I'm not even a fan of the pairing.

After the fight, Ashi goes over to Jack and does the nose rubbing thing the deer did and he's confused. But he figures she's going for a kiss and goes for it.

you have to go back

Imagine being Jack in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Ashi, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monkey face. I would totally have sex with you, both my suicidal ghost self and the real me." when all he really wants to do is get back to the past. Like seriously imagine having to be Jack and not only stand in that alien prison while Ashi flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting and leech goo barely concealing her battle scars and burnt skin, and just stand there, while she gave you that stupid look. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as the entire fanbase tells her she's EXTRA THICC and DAMN, ASHI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to stand there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of Southern bounty hunters and evil nature spirits and later alleged shapeshifting masters of darkness for your ENTIRE LIFE coming straight out of the boonies of the Pit of Hate. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to be thankful to stand there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with her abusive mother all her life. And then the Genndy calls for 2 more episodes with this bitch, and you know you could kill every single person in the production studio before the security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Samurai Jack. You're not going to lose your chance to get back to the past over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>Ashi: "Okay..." *smiles and averts gaze*

>ywn make a girl feel sexy in the first time in her life

she knows nudity is taboo, but its not a big deal in a life risking situation.

This entire season has been lazy writing.

How did Jack not immediately pop a boner. Those wrappings must've been really tight on him.

She knows nudity is taboo, but they were fighting for their lives in that moment,and Jack started sperging like a little kid.
Phil confirmed via twitter that she was covered in solid darkness. Kind of like the stuff Aku is made of.

>a voice actor said it so it's true
didn't know aku was actually just a bunch of coals

Because Ashi is disgusting.

>not liking girls with muzzles designed for sucking dick
what are you gay?

Her mouth is literally a dick sleeve.

I think it was more that she was confused why he was focused on nudity when they were about to die to a slug monster

delet this

You got a transparent png for screenshot?

Genndy is a hack

When they fade to black it's Jack teaching Ashi about kissing.

That or she learned about kisses from the deer in the earlier episode.

>people found this funny before
>now they'd probably just be like "lel virgin"

What the fuck happened?

I love ashi and still find that shit funny.

It got reposted like a million times, so no one is reacting because we've all already seen it and had a laugh.

I bet you anything that their first time was super awkward.

Eh I thought it was bullshit and you sort of have to fool yourself a bit to believe it was just intended as a "we're fighting who cares", but it works.

I mean, if you look at her lines of dialogue they're
>So?
>You're not making any sense
>What are you doing?

But if it was really her just confused at Jack doing these things when they're fighting she'd probably say something more along those lines. Saying he's not making any sense pretty much implies she has no idea it's not right to be naked, when she obviously does.

Or, considering she was already naked before, only covered by the Darkness and Jack encountered her then, you could take it as "nigga you've already seen me naked what does it matter"

in the moment of the fight both of them as warriors should see nothing other than the threat at hand.In this moment her being naked isn't sexual to her. But it is in that moment to Jack, while the implication between them has been growing neither one has acknowledged the other's romantic feelings up to this point. like on the camel jack would touch her hand and then retract and she would touch his then retract and they would both settle their hands apart. this was the summary of their relationship until Jack saw her naked. Jack showed that in this life and death battle what stood out to him was her, and she saw it.

It's new to me

You're both wrong. I'm tired of people taking this scene out of context

SHE WASN'T EMBARRASSED BECAUSE SHE WAS FIGHTING NOT BECAUSE SHE'S NAIVE. To her they were fighting for their lives, she had no reason to be embarrassed unlike jack who's a 70 year old virgin..

Y'know, you can know that you don't go around naked without considering nudity a big deal. It's not like always wearing clothes automatically makes you scandalized by nudity.

Well if you go buy the 'episode is a metaphor' thing it lasted about 5 seconds of simultaneous screaming.

wait they kissed?

It started the moment he started sucking the poison out of her leg. foreplay yo.

Eh, i guess, still think you have to fool yourself a bit for that line of thinking. Nudity might not be a big deal but she obviously knew it wasn't "normal". The dialogue implies she has no clue. It's not something I'm too hung up on though
Did you not watch the episode user?