Hi Sup Forums. Lucasfilm insider here. I bring you this information at great professional and personal risk...

Hi Sup Forums. Lucasfilm insider here. I bring you this information at great professional and personal risk. The knives are out for Kathleen Kennedy. The backlash at TLJ has the Disney execs shitting themselves and I can confirm that all the evidence we have points to Solo being a total flop. Everyone's realizing that she has no coherent plan for the franchise and is alienating long time fans via the oversaturation of the release schedule and shoe-horning left wing politics into the movies. The boys upstairs are already courting JJ Abrams to take over and oversee the franchise. A lot of Episode IX is being rewritten. I'm not privy to much about the upcoming movies but I know for sure that they want the deaths of Luke and Snoke to be retconned (I think the current plan is that their force ghosts will interact with the physical world and guide Rey and Kylo as they prepare for their final battle). In any event, expect news of Kathleen's "resignation" imminently.

Shoot your family and then yourself, LARPer.

Fuck off, larpfaggot.

Who cares? Disney is the evil empire. It must be destroyed.

OP here. I can also assure you that there ARE disney shills on this board. Keep that in mind when you see people accusing me of "LARPing".

bump

>for their final battle
against who?

I really wish this were true LARPAnon - still, it’s a warm thought.

Too bad they fucked the franchise beyond recognition. I don’t give a shit if Luke comes back as a Force ghost - they’ve already ruined his character.

Even if it's true it's too late. SW is kill.

Are you still alive?
Be /very/ careful now.

eachother, i assume

>The boys upstairs are already courting JJ Abrams to take over and oversee the franchise.

Just in case you're real, nothing less than Lucas riding in on a white landspeeder will bring me back.

Let the man bring us his vision while you make boat loads of money.

There will be a 5-10 year time gap in which Rey trains some of the kids on Canto Bight to create a new order of Jedi Knights to match the Knights of Ren. This will be the central conflict of IX.

>JJ

Abrams can only make movies riding on nostalgia. TFA made a lot of $ but fucked up the new trilogy and his ST movies were crap.

Disney SW are done. You can't unfuck it.

LARP threads, best threads

>There will be a 5-10 year time gap in which Rey trains some of the kids on Canto Bight to create a new order of Jedi Knights to match the Knights of Ren. This will be the central conflict of IX.

This sounds so bad, jesus

Just fucking make a Star Wars movie set in the Old Republic already god damn

New republic is hot garbage

Even if we wanted him, Lucas would never return to Star Wars. The backlash to the prequels completely demoralised him. I can't blame him. He's a sweet and sensitive man from what I've heard; it must have been awful for him to pour his heart into the prequels only to be despised and ridiculed for it.

*yawn*

Mary Sue, who has no qualifications to be a trainer, is going to restart the Jedi?

*yawn*

Oh but you can.
You can unfuck ALL the shit.

>expect news of Kathleen's "resignation" imminently.
if she resigns I will watch the next film in theaters.

>IX will be street kid gangs fighting

Bravo Mouse, bravo.

Star Wars' shit cant be unfucked anymore, it's gone too far.

They did something not even the prequels managed and that's destroy and tarnish the OT and its legacy

Wow, I can't believe that I got to witness this late breaking news on 4chin!

You may be surprised, but Rey has tested very well with audiences. After the sequels are finished there will likely be a Rebels/Clone Wars-style CGI series centring on her new Jedi order.

Nice try, Disney, but no one cares about this franchise, Kennedy and shit

>After the sequels are finished there will likely be a Rebels/Clone Wars-style CGI series centring on her new Jedi order.

She's bland and uncharismatic

Her shtick is "uhh i dunno lol aren't i quirky" and it gets old after 5 minutes
What the fuck

>their force ghosts will interact with the physical world and guide Rey and Kylo as they prepare for their final battle)
I bet they'll rip off that scene from Harry Potter where all the wizard ghosts deus ex machina into the fight with Voldemort

They really should loosen the schedule. Don't release any SW material for 5 years.

>Han's character ruined
>Luke's character ruined
>galactic politics make zero fucking sense
>First Order is crap
>new characters are boring as shit and nobody likes them
>SW canon completely fucked up

Nope. It's too late. People won't stomach another PT tier crap and TLJ was worse than any PT movie. It's over.

>Rey has tested very well with audiences

Is this why her toys rot on the shelves while fucking Hux sells?

the final battle is between two petulent children and their random lackeys, wow, how interesting

Jar jar is Plagus.
All fixed.

MCU releases like 3 movies per year and does great. Frequent movies are not a problem at all.

>She's bland and uncharismatic
What's more offensive is the movies were supposed to be about her but she's kind of a passenger there.

I wondered what happened to you SuperShadow

Your stupid meme fixes shit. No new SW movie will break 1 billion. It's only going to go downhill.

>In any event, expect news of Kathleen's "resignation" imminently.

The Last Jedi is sitting at about $800mil worldwide in it's second week.
Anyone claiming knives are out for anyone in Disney management is fucking retarded.

I said audiences, not little boys.

This so much. She feels like a side character in TLJ. Finn was the same but even worse. They have no idea what to do with those characters.

Its not mine but its still a fantastic idea.

I fucking guessed it, Luke is going to turn out to be some omnipresent force ghost that can pretty much interact with the real world as a living being.

Are you retarded? It's doing half of what TFA did. Toy sales dropped 50%. Game sales dropped 60%. It's a franchise killer like BvS was.

Your mistake was not mentioning that many Bothans died to bring us this information, Reddit.

Please be true.
Disney needs to start focusing on all new characters and stories. I didn’t like LJ but I’m ok with Rrian having his own trilogy as long as he stays away from building presently placed stories

Isn't the movie still making loads of money? That's all Disney cares about.

this is all obvious info though

Throw money at him to write a story outline for IX. Also if you have ANY leverage at LFL get it through the exec’s heads that JJ won’t fix shit.

The release schedule has nothing to do with Kennedy, so you're full of shit OP

I wish you weren't, though

There is no hope they ruined it beyond saving and Disney and their crew is taboo to me.

>800 million
>a franchise that breaks 1 billion easy within the first days of launching
>last movie made 2 billion dollars
>but 800 million is okay

You don't understand large companies. If this doesn't break 1.7 billion than their will be hell to pay

I wish knives were literally out for Kennedy

Also, in the wake of the success of Samurai Jack's revival, Lucasfilm is considering a collaboration with Genndy Tartakovsky to make a new 2D animated series centred on the period between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. This is very early days and Genndy has not yet been approached.

This. It would be like whipping a dead horse. Only thing they could do now is to stop everything and sell this francise to peoples that respect it.

>WOW LOTS OF MONEY BIG AND GOOD THAT ALL WE NEED! IT MORE THAN MY ALLOWANCE SO IT SUCCESS

Disney’s projection in November is on record as being $1.9 billion.

Really. Who are we left with as the protagonist in TLJ? Poe?

I'm still holding out for the idea that the Luke that died was a clone created by the hole in the island, and it was destroyed when Luke rejoined with the force. Somewhere else. On the island.

The solution is Abrams....

user a better story next time

Great maths, user.

The fuck is Larp?

Wasn't he offering his insight to Disney back when they started working on TFA, but they didn't want him? I remember hearing him saying something like that watching the Plinkett review but I'm not sure.

At any rate, I'm sure you could convince the guy to come back.

>Game sales dropped 60%

That was EA being total jews like EA always does, they fucked themselves over it.

It's more likely EA will lose their Star Wars licence than anyone at Disney taking heat.

>Rey tested WELL

Wanna know how I know you are a larper?

What in TLJ was leftist? And why do you think that we would think that Disney would think this is a bad thing?

Comments like this are what make me think none of you really understand Star Wars.

Little boys (and little girls), now in their mid-to-late 20s and up, are the ones with disposable incomes and having kids. We're the ones buying toys for the kids we're now having.

Except now we're not. Because Disney's Star Wars isn't Star Wars. It looks like Star Wars, but it doesn't feel like Star Wars any more.

This is the classic "short term profit at the expense of long term gain" mentality that is present when Wall Street is bleeding an industry dry.

he gave them his outlines and Disney shitcanned them

Statistically it's tracking the same as Empire and Clones.

really? than there will be hell to pay. Hopefully Rain leaves and his most likely shitty trilogy gets cancelled

>What was so leftist about TLJ?

JJ is the reason why we are in this mess to begin with.

Well?

He offered to guide them through his rules, his dos and don'ts, so the new movies would be consistent with his in terms of established continuity (no hyperspace ramming for sure), as well as handing over his treatments for VII-IX.

Disney actively excluded him as a marketing tactic (HEY GUYS NO GEORGE THIS TIME WE PROMISE) and binned his treatments. And now they're getting assfucked hard because their films are terrible and people are losing interest. It's kind of delicious.

how much is she been paid to write a flawless story?

live action role playing

Say what you want about him, but his movies make money. A lot of the people who hated TLJ loved TFA.

>And now they're getting assfucked hard because their films are terrible and people are losing interest. It's kind of delicious.

In only two weeks, Disney have a profit of over double the production and marketing costs.
They sure are getting assfucked, alright.

Wrong. It's Kathleen and her leadership. The story group she created and the stories she thought were good are complete garbage. JJ created a movie that pandered to the OT nostalgia loving faggots, but he also established several mystery boxes of his own, allowing Rian to go ahead and fill in the blanks.

What gave Rian the right to ignore JJ's movie and do something completely different? Where was Kathleen in all of this? TFA and TLJ are so disconnected that JJ will have to work hard to connect them as a coherent trilogy in Episode 9. Needless to say, it will be tough. This (((trilogy))) is a failure 2bh, Rogue One worked on the back of A New Hope, and they expect the Han Solo movie to flop.

Fuck Kathleen. Fuck this franchise. Disney needs to clean house and start over.

Biggest mistake. They should have made his outlines with his involvement as a producer, make a shitload of cash to recoup their investment, and then moved onto "new characters and adventures". We'd all have closure and we'd be ready for something.

Instead we got JJ who FUBAR'd the franchise just like he did Star Trek. Fortunately Paramount forced him to produce his creative abortion in an alternate timeline. Then Kennedy gave the coup de grace with Rian and killing off everything that was left of the OT.

We have no connection to Star Wars now after they finished the story that way. They ruined Luke's character. What should I even watch IX for? To see how they deal with Leia's off-screen death?

>domestic

It's going to make 1.3 billion max. That is a gigantic drop in just 2 years.

>Playing it safe always ends in disaster
>Nu Wars played safe like a super hero movie with focus groups and the whole cast being sarcastic assholes
>All the movies fucking suck worse than the prequels
It really is fucking poetry

>I don't know what diminishing returns are: The post

he may have exploded the box office, the toys do not sell. JJ fucked up big

Clones was the worst SW movie ever made and Empire didn't hit with little kids and especially their parents.

Don't act like it's the same thing and Disney expected this kind of drop.

It won't make 1.3 billion, user. Let's stop kidding ourselves. TLJ will wind up with less than $1,100,000,000 worldwide.

>but his movies make money

His ST movies had mediocre box office. Compare them to Martian or Interstellar.

It would be funny if it wasn't top movie of 2017 but that's not happening. Solo will be the first SW flop.

You stupid coon. Let me point out a few things:

- TLJ is making tons of money, which is all that matters to execs.
- They criticize KK for shoe-horning left wing politics into the franchise, yet they are courting JewJew Abrams to take over? This doesn't make sense.
- Snoke is going to "guide" Kylo after his betray?

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW Y DO THINGS HAVE TO CHAAAAANGE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*further autistic screeching*

What are the chances they can get George back to help?

It's tracking exactly the same as Episode I did to Episode II.
It's the same as Episode IV to Episode V.

It's *extremely* rare for sequels to make more money than the first movie of a franchise, Star Wars is no exception.

In both cases of the first two trilogies, the second movie didn't make as much money as the first, but the third movie beat both of them.

MC didnt screw up that badly like NuWars

I'm an OTfag and I despised TFA for the reasons I hate TLJ, and that is because they go out of their way to shit on the original and invalidate everything that was achieved there.

I think it's clear the ensuing fallout will have a negative effect on the next Star Wars film and beyond, and that Disney will need to have a re-think if they want to start maximising profits again.

it rhymes

>TLJ will wind up with less than $1,100,000,000 worldwide.

I bet Disney will be crying all the way to the bank.
A billion dollar movie? Fuck, I'm surprised they're not all jumping from the top of Epcot.

>The boys upstairs are already courting JJ Abrams to take over and oversee the franchise.
That's a hilarious thought, Abrams is only good at getting his mystery box on film, then putting the still-closed box in the hands of someone else and running away from the responsibility of explaining or defining anything that might be inside it. Just the thought of him coming back for episode IX has me wondering what he'll do, it's already unprecedented for him to actually dictate how something will end, let alone plan out the other installments of the franchise.

TLJ was fine. Better than the mess from JewJew.

Well in terms of budgeting and marketing, TLJ is a flop in a corporate sense. This movie did what Age of UItron did but dialed up the failure. I bet Bob Iger will come out again and declare TLJ a failure soon as he had done with Ultron.

too bad JJ is a hack and only makes the most shallow corporate pleasing big budget films.

This whole trilogy should have been given to one director and one writing team and it should have included Refn or Villenueve

>Clones was the worst SW movie ever made

shut the fuck up

Watch it, JJ