Post your dad's favourite film. Christmas is just over, you had more than enough time to talk to your dad

Post your dad's favourite film. Christmas is just over, you had more than enough time to talk to your dad.

Pic related for mine. Runner ups are Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Highlander and Apocalypto.

He likes the Dirty Harry movies too.

Your dad sounds like a lad.

My dad's dead faggot
>TFW I hate all anons

Well, what were his favourite films back in the day?

Actually we watched those john ford westerns which idolized the two decades prior to the civil war

>TFW thx be for asking user. I miss him every xmas

Is Harold and Maude any good? It's got an interesting concept. I'd like to see it remade.

It's a proto Wes Anderson style of film. It's pretty good.

It's really fun, sorta heartwarming, and it has a really great soundtrack. Sup Forums might call it SJW trash, I suppose. Give it a watch, it isn't too long.

>interesting concept
It was literally written to be an interesting concept for some college class. Guy sold the script after some director read it by pure chance.

I think the first is way better.

Once Upon a Time in America or Encounters at the End of the World

Your dad is trying way too hard to fit in.

found a copy of this in his bottom drawer while i was looking for some money to steal. i liked candy. he liked, whatever this was..i guess.

Probably something with John Wayne

one flew over the cuckoo's nest
the last detail

I know it's one of these

How so? Because it's a famous/popular movie?

OP here, I think Cuckoo's Nest is up there for my old man aswell, if only for the scene where Chief speaks.

Probably this or something else with John Wayne

Because the first one is the more popular one.

I think he just really likes the Robert De Niro scenes.

I was just trying to make a meme you dip.

Pic related. He also loves Top Gun and the Pirates franchise.

Watched 2049 with him this year, it was a nice feeling

Oh.

My dad died 17 years ago but I remember he really liked Fargo and Citizen Kane.

I've never even watched it

Not sure about favourite, but I know he really likes to watch the Spongebob Movie with us.

I don't get it myself

Huh... the more you know

its pretty gud peak denzel

Probably like Stalker or Solyaris

Cool Hand Luke

Who would you cast?

Gates McFadden as Maude. Not sure about Harold. I don't know many young actors.

this or Jaws, not sure

>Gates McFadden as Maude
Preddy gud.

Thought about it, maybe Miles Teller as Harold although I don't like him.

Running Scared 1986. And he's right, it is one of the best buddy cop flicks of all time and fucking hilarious the whole way through.

Not sure if he can pull off the "pansy" look properly. He is tall enough, anywya, but he isn't as awkwardly lanky as Bud Cort was back then.

Local Hero.

I like that Cat Stevens soundtrack. Who's the modern equivalent of Cat Stevens?

As far as people who are famous, probably nobody. I don't know who the popular folk singers are now anyway. I don't think there are any.

agreed, user. Cat Stevens had a breathtaking ability to write music. too bad he went crazy and converted to islam

Geniuses tend to be crazy. I don't judge him as long as he doesn't start ranting against infedils or flying into buildings or whatever.