HARRRRY POOOTTTEEEERRRR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98
youtube.com/watch?v=CFEHxJqPrC0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes Yes
And Well
How I ever?

>slytherin is composed of elite, driven athletes, artists and intellectuals, with a robust house spirit and culture of success
>gryffindor has the main character

Shut the fuck up old man you're double dead

"Yes?!"

The virgin moralist Gryffindor vs the Chad heil voldemort Slytherin

It's so unfair how Dumbledore helped Potter and Gryffindor, it's like you're playing D&D with friends, Dumbledore is DM and Potter is his girlfriend.

H O W E V E R

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

he whispered while touching himself in his lonely dome

kino

Excuse me, professor Dumbledore. I thought I heard you say Harry Potter, but that isn't my name. They call me Trevor now. Trevor Delgome.

No!

dumbledore moar liek BUMbeldore amirite lel

SIX MILLION POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR

you're a a bent(gay homosex) sissy poz in one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Unlike every other British public school in existence Hogwarts seemed to have zero incidence of anal rape, which I thought was dishonest.

>A million points to griffindor
>slveryn, fuck off you bunch of cunts

It's there if you read between the lines, user:
youtube.com/watch?v=CFEHxJqPrC0

Just look at this old fuck's sneaky smile.

"NOOOOOO!"

>albert camus
>god-tier

>Richard Harris
>Perfectly nails Dumbledore's kind and caring nature
>Complete arse on set, shouts at crew, doesn't get along with anybody

>Michael Gambon
>Angry, violent, Irish Dumbledore, ruins the softer side of the character
>Absolute delight on set, cracks jokes with everyone, takes the child actors under his wing and gives them acting tips and life lessons

Why couldn't we just have them fuse together? Perfect Dumbledore was a cunt, shitty Dumbledore was completely based

Personally, I liked Gambon better. Harris' Dumbledore was obviously too slow, phlegmatic and passive.

Wasn't there a part where Harry was supposed to be Slytherin but the hat cucked out for no reason? How did ron make it into gryffindor anyway, I thought huffle puff was for retards.

>hat cucked out for no reason?
He cucked out because Harry asked to be in Gryffindor

But that was book dumbledore
"HARRY DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME INTO THE GOBLET OF FIRE!?!?!"

The hat saw potential in Harry for Slytherin, but also for Gryffindor. The hat deemed Slytherin the better option but Harry begged not to go there, so the hat gave him the second option. Basically, you can just ask the hat nicely and he'll sort you however you like.
As for Ron, his entire family has always been in Gryffindor and these things run in the family most of the time (exceptions include the Patel twins and Sirius)

Book Dumbledore was an eccentric, playful old man, not a demented fart looking like he might die any second.

6 million reparations for Gryffindor fuck Voldemort and fuck Slaveryn.

Harris did that though, with his "pip-pip" at the end of the feast, and "alas....earwax", along with a glint in his eye.
Gambon showed no eccentricity or playfulness. If he did the first two films he'd have gone "now fuck off!" after the feast, and when eating the earwax bean "fucking christ Harry, didya put the earwax in the bean of jelly?!?!!"

>absolute delight on set
indeed

that's because Harris got blackmailed into doing it
apparently his granddaughter said that she would never talk to him again and hate him forever if he didn't play Dumbeldore or something along those lines

>didya put the earwax in the bean of jelly
why did this make me laugh so much?

>"fucking christ Harry, didya put the earwax in the bean of jelly?!?!!"

based

how old is this pasta anyway?
the last part is at least a decade old if not more

I fucking love Harris

I'm a lazy piece of shit so the only movies I've seen with him are HP

But I have all of his albums

>DIDJA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBBLITE O FIAR

What was the purpose of this outburst?

I had no idea he had a singing career, I'll have to check it out

Did I miss something because I keep seeing teenage Voldemort being called Trevor in these threads

Post girl Draco pasta.

You just wait until my father hears about this!
....S-stupid Potter boy....why does he get all the attention....just because he's kinda handsome I guess...

What's wrong with boy Draco?

>What's wrong with boy Draco?
He acts like a girl, has a rather flat character arc, and is generally uninteresting. The love interest route may not be creative but at least it's some kind of arc.

Though not the best arc, we did see him grow from a generic annoying upper-class rich boy into a genuinely frightened 16-year-old with the weight of the world on his shoulders when he was tasked to kill Dumbledore, with failure resulting in the death of his family.
He started out as an unlikable bastard, but over the books you see that he's acting the way he does because of the pressure his father puts on him, and his breakdown in the toilets finally showed him having actual emotions and problems. And I liked how in the epilogue he and Harry lock eyes and they just sort of nod to each other in a way of saying "we've both been through shit, we don't actually hate each other, we were just at opposite ends of manipulating men controlling our lives". More of a character arc than most of the students had.

>Though not the best arc, we did see him grow from a generic annoying upper-class rich boy into a genuinely frightened 16-year-old with the weight of the world on his shoulders when he was tasked to kill Dumbledore
A very short arc, and poorly executed. He's one dimensional until six books in.

He's not really that good technique wise but he has a very theatrical style, influenced by his past in theater.

His most famous song is obviously MacArthur Park and the rest of A Tramp Shining follows with themes of love gained and lost.

My Boy and slides have good themes but you have to be able to stomach his style a lot more.

True, though we do get a glimpse of his inner thoughts in the second book when Harry's hiding in the cupboard of that Knockturn Alley shop and he overhears Draco and Lucius. Instantly you know his family situation is shit and his father is disappointed in him for not excelling as much in school as Harry, explaining Draco's dislike of Harrry, it's jealousy. Nothing much happens until HBP though yeah. I still liked how he had some character by the end and wasn't just the obligatory rival.
He even lied to save Harry's life when captured, by acting like he wasn't sure it was actually Harry (after Hermione fucked up his face with magic). He knew it was the real Harry Potter, but he hesitated and didn't outwardly sell him out like you'd expect book 1-5 Draco to do.

Was Snape so tsundere towards Harry because he wanted to be James' Doe?

>Harris' Dumbledore was obviously too slow, phlegmatic and passive
That's how Dumbledore is though, and why everyone is so shocked when he goes 110% FUCKING MAD SORCERER when Voldemort shows up in OotP, it would have been amazing to see that.

>He even lied to save Harry's life when captured, by acting like he wasn't sure it was actually Harry (after Hermione fucked up his face with magic). He knew it was the real Harry Potter, but he hesitated and didn't outwardly sell him out like you'd expect book 1-5 Draco to do.
Wasn't that a film invention and he really was just that big of a dumbass in the book?

I never liked Draco because he never did anything worthy of getting away with it all, neither did any of his family. All of them should have gone to Azkaban or through the veil.

That scene in the book was incredible. Turning the page and seeing the chapter title
>The Only One He Ever Feared
That already gets you pumped. We finally see this calm and collected Dumbledore go all out against Voldemort, the two greatest wizards of the time. Much more action in the book as well, when Dumbledore transfigures the golden statues into life to protect Harry while also attacking Voldemort. The film version was a bit disappointing, only a bit of water magic and some shattered glass. The duel in the book was incredible because you finally get to see the two go full out and use some magic you'd never have dreamed of.

Potter books are shit but entertaining nonetheless. Like most Warhammer trash novels.

I wonder why they turned Dumbledore form a calm and wise wizard to an outburst machine.

No, he really did lie to everyone. He knew it was Harry, and he also knew that if the others weren't sure and summoned Voldemort, Voldy would go ful rage mode and kill everyone in the room for wasting his time. Handing Harry in would keep Draco and his family safe, but he kept saying he wasn't sure enough it was Harry, so the Death Eaters decided not to summon Voldy. Perhaps Draco just wanted out of the situation he was in so he lied and put his trust in Harry, hoping he would live to fight Voldemort and end this horrible life in the mansion surrounded by trigger-happy Death Eaters.

i koked

No, Draco had had a change of heart by then, because he'd lived with Death Eaters and saw how fucking evil they were, more than his bravado could stomach. He didn't want to help them anymore.

Was Snape canonically the most talented wizard / witch not including Dumbledore or Voldemort?

yes

How long until he becomes the next Voldemort?

I'm sure Grindlewald would wipe the floor with Severus, even after 60 years in jail.

he lost a duel while master of the elder wand

confirmed scrub

Phoenixes are OP, that's why they aren't allowed in tourneys. Dumbles wasn't even ranked, Flitwick could have taken him to town.