It was way too fucking long!

It was way too fucking long!

I mean he's not wrong

>Imagine being assblasted about the new BR being better than the original

hes not wrong.

based

It wasn’t.
In some places it looked edited too quickly.

He’s a well known pleb. It’s better than the original by far

>You people should rather watch Prometheus instead. It's the best sci fi movie of the decade believe me, i know sci fi. I make the best sci fi, trust me. It's HUGE.

>And most of the script is mine

Christ, Scott is a fucking hack.

and somehow it feels waaaaaay shorter than the original. My god that movie is boring.

I've watched blade runner at least 6 times, always trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, and it's still not great.

2049 is superior

>sequel better received than original
>spews shit to save face

>The faggot who made Alien:Covenant thinks he can talk

That's just like, your opinion, man

Hes just butthurt because his film got cucked by Villeneuve's superior entry to the franchise

No only that, but Scott also had his own scifi sequel this year, which was mostly laughed at.

Prometheus was good. Covenant on the other hand was fucking garbage

I liked it.

Length was fine, I hope there is additional footage when it releases.

>Hey kid, you should buy my film, Prometheus

It was as long as it needed to be.
It just needs a new soundtrack now that it's going to home theaters.

>watch new blade runner
>characters don't randomly run into each other while walking down the street
Way to miss the point Dennis Villanova

Scott is a great director but he's getting old now.

t. Ridley

Prometheus and Covenant were fucking terrible, Scott lost his mind a long time ago.

Critics don't understand what a RAUNCHY and LITTY sequel ALIEN:COVENANT was

Prometheus was mediocre, covenant was bad, looked nice though

desu this makes me kinda glad it was denee vilnoo who directed it instead of scott. who knows what we would've got with him

>Prometheus was good

Ridley Scott is one of the finest currently working directors. Calling him a senile hack just proves that you don't understand film in general.

ridley scott is a talentless hack who somehow stumbled into some successes before he became an irrelevant has-bene

I like his work, but fundamentally disagree with his revisionist approach to both Alien and Blade Runner

What a fucking hack Ridley Scott has become. 2049 was a bit long though, I will give him that. But it's better than anything he's made in 5 years.

Read the actual article, he said he came up with most of the script

>Way too fucking long
>World is lush and rich enough for a TV mini-series or more

Do moviegoers have ADD?

t. Ridley

>Alien Covenant was bad
why? because it didn't match your fan made theories?
Christ. you fanboys are a waste of space.

>It's too long
>Spends two ALIEN movies trying to make his own inhead canon Blade Runner sequel

Did the wrong Scott brother die?

Considering the core of the story is about Deckard and Rachel's babby being replicant jesus it doesn't surprise me at all

>TV mini-series
There you go again, thinking a runtime bloated with closeups of characters talking somehow improves a story. It doesn't. Television is inferior to feature film.

Calm down Ridley, and go take your meds

a pathetic reply from yourself desu. Why not give an actual opinion why its bad because all I saw throughout all the threads since its release was moaning about fandom

On the contrary I wish 2049 was 3.30hrs long so we could of had more Joi and Deckard, Wallace and Resistance screentime.

Hopefully a directors cut is released

Honestly, the only true flaw of 2049 was making it a direct sequel of the original. Including Deckard was a mistake. The replicant parents should have been brand new characters.

They're different mediums, but you do the math - 10 hrs of story vs 2 hrs of story.

And Alien Covenant should have never came out

>I don't understand the behavior of these characters
>I don't understand the point of this scene
>lol gay robots, that's gay
There you go, summed up Sup Forums's criticism on Covenant for you.

Holy shit you fucking retards go read the full interview instead of falling for clickbait headlines. Ridley says the movie was too long as a joke in response to the interviewer asking him about the poor box office gross. He wrote a large portion of the script himself.

“Oh, it was always my thesis theory. It was one or two people who were relevant were… I can’t remember if (screenwriter) Hampton (Fancher) agreed with me or not. But I remember someone had said, ‘Well, isn’t it corny?’ I said, ‘Listen, I’ll be the best fucking judge of that. I’m the director, okay?’ So, and that, you learn — you know, by then I’m 44, so I’m no fucking chicken. I’m a very experienced director from commercials and The Duellists and Alien. So, I’m able to, you know, answer that with confidence at the time, and say, ‘You know, back off, it’s what it’s gonna be.’ Harrison (Ford), he was never — I don’t remember, actually. I think Harrison was going, ‘Uh, I don’t know about that.’ I said, ‘But you have to be, because Gaff, who leaves a trail of origami everywhere, will leave you a little piece of origami at the end of the movie to say, ‘I’ve been here, I left her alive, and I can’t resist letting you know what’s in your most private thoughts when you get drunk is a fucking unicorn!’ ‘ Right? So, I love Beavis and Butthead, so what should follow that is ‘Duh.’ So now it will be revealed (in the sequel), one way or the other.”

RIDLEY SCOTT IS A REALLY SMART MAN AND NOT A HACK RESPONSIBLE FOR MULTIPLE FLUKES, AND CERTAINLY NOT SENILE NOW

all nitpicking.

You're the reason why the brainlet meme exists. So people don't have to waste any actual effort responding to someone so fucking stupid and plebeian.

>we could of had more Joi and Deckard

You are virgin. Am i right?

Are you stupid?
It's Ridley's project, he kick started it, his company produced it, he came up with the story and hired all the people to work on it

>dystopian high tech future
>robots are 2nd class citizens
>but can kill lab technician inside station, no cameras
>goes back and kills police chief in her fucking office

They are different FORMATS, within the medium of film.

>It's too long
>i wand da shord moobie full of acshun and gomedy liek abenger

there is nothing different than this film and those Avengers films; only the opinion of morons who think either are great films.

Yeah yeah, you know what I meant, don't be pedantic.

>when you have nothing to bad to say about a movie but "it's too long".

ridley is fucking jealous that his movie got surpassed by this new masterpiece.

The #1 movie in America was called "Ass." And that's all it was for 90 minutes. It won eight Oscars that year, including best screenplay.

Scott is still an amazing visual director, he just keeps attaching himself to awful scripts and his own skill as a storyteller has plummeted

what did he mean by this?

Read the article instead of just the clickbait headline you fucking brainlet.

Also it didn't have enough extraterrestrial farmers!

the companies maaaan, they fucking own us maaaaaan

>
>reed dah ardigle

All you brainlets should read the article instead of falling for clickbait headlines and start criticizing Ridley over your favorite movie. Ridley arguably had more control over this movie than villeneuve himself. Also Ridley is far from washed up , The counselor and Exodus: Gods and Kings are both masterpieces, sorry if you're too pleb to see it.

>STOPPPPPPPP STEALING MY WHEATTTT DAMN HUMANS REEEEEE

all of the nu-alien movies are fucking terrible and don't explain shit, all it did was scam everyone of their money for rehashed shit

>mobie wus to lung watch my mubie its better alion co-co-cobenantenate! it haz more gunz n shuting.

that's surely the intent, but in a detective movie it makes you think "oh so there's someone in the station covering for the corporation, ok i assume this'll be a part in the investigation story"

but nope

He's not wrong. Things didn't get moving until the K found Deckard.

No why both were criminally underused

GROUNDBREAKING SCI FI WITH DEEP PHILOSOPHICAL UNDERTONES

Aliens bow down to the Wallace
Bogdanoffs bow down to the Wallace
Governments bow down to the Wallace

>At end of Prometheus Shaw wanted to find the engineers
>In Covenant the main character of Prometheus Shaw was killed off screen and we got a movie about a robot going psycho

he's the Hideo Kojima of movies

Prometheus is okay but Covenant is laughably bad.. the aliens mature to full size in only a few hours.. at least in alien the passage of time was ambiguous

And what the fuck was with all the ayyys just standing there waiting to get killed? And why weren't they bigger than humans once they were dead? Why would take a colony ship with thousands of people into an atmosphere to save 10? Why why why

>too long
What a fucking plebian.

Wallace Corporation is so powerful it could have spread out the message "we're looking for robo babby, gimme babby droid now" and bang end of the movie, no need for 2h30min

which meme?

>

Eh, they still kind of do though.
>Hey, remember those prostitutes you met earlier?
>Turns out they know the head of the replicant rebellion!

shame about refn peaked with drive and then it all fell away after that

what does this mean?

>film sequel you direct is a critical and box office bomb
>someone else directs and writes a sequel to one of your films
>it’s a critical hit even tho it’s a box office bomb
>hailed for it’s writing
>”I WROTE IT, IT WAS ME, BUT IT’S ALSO TOO LONG”

He WAS. Gladiator was his last good movie.

>refn peaked with drive
drive was the first bad thing he ever did and it spawned a neckbeard meme fanbase of pakis and pajeets ruining his image and career forever

Maybe robots are such 2nd class citizens that security aparatus of a dystopian high tech future doesnt even pick them up

it's like a new Invisible Man, it's about prejudice

If they were different media you'd be justified in having different expectations. However, they are not, which is why television deserves to be judged harshly for its frequent sub-par filmmaking and storytelling. A series having a runtime of 600 minutes is not valuable in itself because it could be 600 minutes of bad television.
>but what about good television
The nature of the format is that the filmmakers have less money and more importantly, less time to spend on every part of the production. It's also far less of a cohesive effort due to changing writers and directors.

That probably would have started WW4 between humans and replicants once replicants knew they could make babbys

Remember the Duelists? Now that was a good film.

I saw a poo in loo wearing one of these while he was doing take out deliveries.

Too long and too shit.

If this is real, Ridley had to just have snapped and turned into a retard somewhere close to the turn of the millenium. What the fuck is his problem.

American Gangster.

but that was wallace's plan, to make robots have millions of babbys, so they eventually would know (and i dont know why one eye lady would be against wallace's plan since he's giving them that and a army)

Okay, but all I said was that the world of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/Blade Runner is fleshed out enough to merit a long story such as that found within a mini-series. It can be good television if it likes.

>from the director of exodus gods and kangz
>from the guy who liked lindeloff's writing

MAHALO MY BROTHER