Why was Clint Eastwood called "Blondie" when he had brown hair?

Why was Clint Eastwood called "Blondie" when he had brown hair?

blondie = white

He's not Blonde-ie

that no blondie, that angel eyes.

back then it was considered blonde, my dad and grandpa both have brown hair but are adamant that its actually blonde

Leone sure loved his wide shots.

OH NO NO NO

He's on the dark side of "dirty blonde." Probably also spent a lot of time out in the sun making these and brown hair bleaches. (and yes I know, wrong movie but I can't find a good one from that where he takes his damn hat off.)

Literally my face right now

Because God knew my crush would be both blonde and have angel eyes and that TGTBATU would be my favourite film

You're right. God knew that some random broad you likely won't end up with would have blonde hair and nice eyes, so he imposed his will on Sergio Leone more than 50 years before you ever met her to insure that his characters would have nicknames that are common traits in humans and could be applied to millions of Americans alone.

>the bad
>isn't evil at all
that did they mean by this ?

Blond is a tint of brown.

Tuco calls him that way cause he's white, kinda like gringo.

because in spanish guero is a generic term for a white person or light haired person, so guero = blondie or whitey.

The smell.

I've never seen any clint eastwood movie
what should I watch lads

start with escape from alcatraz

all his westerns are good or at least watchable, Kelly's heroes are also a great movie

this is autism

>making fun of a kid for a blatantly retarded statement is autism
Nah. I'm trying to save him from ever saying something that fucking dumb again. It's called negative reinforcement.

lmao, faggots.

latin americans call pepo with any hair lighter than black blonde.

A Few Dollars More> Good Bad Ugly > Fistful of Dollars

debate me

>ETSUBATSU

I won't because you're completely right, my man. Indio was a fantastic antagonist, and it was a great revenge story for Van Cleef's character. Although I think Eli Wallach gave one of the single greatest performances of all time as Tuco. Absolutely perfect casting.

Americans with their constant relaxing of whiteness

What is some other Eastwood kino? Or even a good Western for me to get comfy too? I watched The Searchers and just can't get myself to see Wayne as a good actor.

i think your opinion is absolute shit, debate me... faggot.

don't have to

A Few Dollars More is underrated for sure. I still think The Good the Bad and the Ugly is just as good tho.

Basically this:
The 56%ers have a very broad definition of "white" and "blond"

What the fuck did you just say about john wayne

It's not an American movie tho?

He actually did have blonde hair, its just hard to see sometimes

Unforgiven
Outlaw Josey Wales
Pale Rider
High Plains Drifter
Two Mules for Sister Sara

The Outlaw Josey Wales is fucking great. High Plains Drifter as well. Joe Kidd is pretty decent, and Unforgiven is the magnum opus of his directorial career in my (and most other people's) opinion. Watch Unforgiven last though, as it's his last Western, and is really a proper sendoff for the genre itself. It's really the last one before the modern era of Westerns.

I just don't get the hype. Haven't seen him in anything else than The Searchers what should I check out? Seems like a wooden studio actor of the era.

Thx gonna knock these out now. I have kinda experienced Eastwood backwards because I have seen his recent stuff.

>Sergio Leone
>American

True

Take this user's advice . Unforgiven is a great capstone to the Western Genre other than a few exceptions (Deadwood, Rango, etc).

As for Wayne movies:
Red River
The Man who Shot Liberty Vance
The Horse Soldiers
Big Jake
True Grit
The Sons of Katie Elder

John Wayne was a fag

Unforgiven is shit though. It's just a compilation of cliches with phoned in acting and absolutely zero cinematic excellence. Boring as fuck.

i really like Gran Torino personally. Dont konw how popular that opinion is round these parts tho lul

Thanks guys torrenting this stuff now.

I have seen his 21st century stuff. I thought it was great.

Can Eastwood's kid act? I was surpised he wasn't Han Solo in the new star wars

But that movie is awful

>Can Eastwood's kid act?
define "can"

Once Upon a Time in the West is the greatest western ever made. Apex 10/10 kino.

"Brownie" isn't as appealing

Why were all the Mexicans actually greasy Italians?

Did he inherit enough of his dad screen presence to carry a flick? I watch that Hail Ceasar shit with the new Han Solo and he was fucking awful even in that. Where he was literally playing a fucking actor.

On the list now thx user.

for a few dollars more

Gran Torino is great. It's my favorite movie he's directed. Letters from Iwo Jima being #2.

His son isn't terrible but he's also not great. Really just a face.

OLD ENOUGH FOR KISSES!!!

Blondie is Spanish for “Straight White Male”

But anoooon it's three hours long and there isn't even a single cgi explosion how am I supposed to enjoy it?