Bearded, bloodied Jack holding the sword was the most iconic image for Season 5

>Bearded, bloodied Jack holding the sword was the most iconic image for Season 5
>Bearded Jack ends up holding the sword for like two seconds before getting a magical shave from the gods

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-hrX4_hkxmg
youtube.com/watch?v=PVYsbP4CB6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think he should've kept a little bit of beard, something like this. Also a slightly different outfit.

Correction: Bearded jack never held the sword. Rewatch the scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=-hrX4_hkxmg

The most iconic image of season 5 would either be Jack by the fire in ep 1,Jack and the wolf,The ghost samurai,any of jacks hallucinations etc

>Something good was getting a fifth season
>We got Season 5 of Samurai Jack

>Jack gets the same armor as his father did back when the sword was forged

Now that would have been KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=PVYsbP4CB6M

Jesus mang, watching the original forging of the sword scene next to the Season 5 reclaiming the sword scene hurts, how did they fuck up so bad when the first three episodes were so good?

The sword it is not actually made of metal, but from "spirit energy"? Also, gives free infinite kimono every time is needed?

That plus the extensive issues with the pacing make it seem that the show was rewritten during production, likely due to time constraints.

If only they had more than 10 episodes this season would have been absolutely incredible. Fucking execs.

Maybe the armor and the cloud being something really special, will be summoned by Jack only in the real final battle with Aku. Probably as a sudden and decisive power up, actually.

Wasn't it Genndy who wanted to keep it to 10 episodes?

>That one anons idea of an episode being a mad dash for the sword after Aku finds out didn't happen

I get Jack losing his way, but Aku literally never finding out he lost the sword feels really unsatisfying.

I hate executives as much as the next guy but this is on Genndy, as much as I love the guy. Artist's have to work around their limitations all the time and this is no different. Completing a simple redemption in the span of ten episodes is very much doable, but Genndy whether because of his own hubris or simply because he just wanted to complete his childhood fantasies decided to bite of more then he could chew.

I love Genndy, but this was all him.

Can anyone with a lot of time on their hands make a Jontron 'STOP' vid but with clips from the last episode?

this is a thinly veiled jashi butthurt post innit

Tell me Sup Forums...

will you be looking at the leaks when they come out

It's still possible this could happen.

Though if Jack is back into hobo mode, covered in blood, and filled with murder, something has gone VERY wrong.

Nah, Jashi could've worked if the show did have more episodes, but the truth is that it didn't. So trying to throw it in felt really stupid.

That said I'd be completely lying if I said the backlash some people had over it didn't make me chuckle.

>that one moment when you realize an author is a hack because they forgot their own story

I can never stop myself

I can see where you're coming from, but I feel like people are actually forgetting how cheesy the original show really was. Keeping that in mind, I really like the way they did the romance.

Give him a break it's the best he could do.
Genndy is a hack that can barely remember his own show's storyline. He relies on tropes and scenery to cover for the bad plot and flintstones tier animation.
I can't fathom why samurai jack fans parade jack around as some kind of mature, deep masterpiece. Even as a kid I knew the show was shallow.
Don't get me wrong I liked the show in the same way I liked dexters lab, it was a fun time waster for a kid. As soon as I discovered anime it became apparent how shallow jack was. If you compare it to any serious anime you'll know what I mean. The fight scenes were ruined by the stiff animation and serious moments were ruined by cheap stock sounds and obnoxious voice acting.
The revival has taken on a more serious tone, but still suffers from the same problems. The animation is cheap and riddled with errors, the sound effects are stock and the writing is subpar. Compare Jack to berserk, it's clear that Jack is nowhere near that quality.
How anyone could be sad about episode 4 being delayed is beyond me, I don't understand how anyone could put this show on a pedestal. I guess that speaks more about the dry spell of good cartoons in the west than it does them though.
He honestly should have stayed at sony making adam sandler movies.

>As soon as I discovered anime it became apparent how shallow jack was

>Genndy shoves in a romance with only ten episodes to build it up
>introduces a boring character that takes up time just to be the MCs cock sleeve
>in the final goddamn season of Samurai Jack of all things
I don't understand, is this a incredibly strange ruse? A fever dream?

do you realize that the vast majority of western cartoons is NOT plot-driven you absolute madman?

>anime
stop this meme

>As soon as I discovered anime it became apparent how shallow jack was

Yeah, because the most popular anime of the last decade, fucking K-On! and SAO, were just fullllll of depth.

>Gods give his father a sword, magic armor and a flying cloud
>They give him the sword back after taking it away and a shave.

yeah dude if only the guy with creative control over the series didn't focus on a new boring pointless love interest
fucking execs!!!

Why don't you mention the most popular western cartoons? I'd rather watch the shallowest moeshit than Steven Universe or some shit.

>Sword is ok with Jacks dad killing people
>That's a big no siphon Jack does it

The original show was cheesy sure, but it was an episodic show with no real end in sight.
You can't really say "but the original was like that too" when the whole plot shifts into a mini-series intended to finally give the show a proper ending.
Especially considering the first three episodes set a tone that was entirely abandoned immediately after, I guess you could say the original did too but they included a lot more comedic and cheesy moments in the original three episodes than they did in the first three S5 episodes.

>the first three episodes
four*

So is the white wolf ever gonna come back?
Will the Scotsman find Jack in the next episode or just randomly show up in the finale?
Who was that little girl that helped Ashi?

Both the wolf and the girl were Aku, it's all part of his big plan to cuck Jack again

>Who was that little girl that helped Ashi?
plot device

Sword didn't abandon Jack because he killed those goats, it abandoned him because he gave in to his rage and lost all hope.

It's been established before that the sword cannot be used to harm the innocent: in Emperor's case, the bandits were evil. In Jack's case, the goats were corrupted by Aku's magic.

Wasn't it actually 'the sword can't harm innocent IN THE HANDS OF EVIL'

That would still be pretty retarded.

"You cannot use this sword to harm others if you're evil. But if you're good? Hohohoho, go on a killing spree, a good old slice-n-dicing! Kill whoever you want, good, evil, it doesn't matter!"

If only Genndy hadn't wasted time on a boring waifu just for the sake of an obligatory romance subplot.

Wouldn't going on a killing spree where you slaughtered whoever make you evil?

I think it was just a promo image user

Nah, not if you kill commies, nazies or satanists.

Wow, way to condemn your own followers, Satan.

ten episodes was genndy's idea. he said it in an interview that they more or less let him decide how long it was gonna be

Then why does Sup Forums complain so much that the plot of the first three episodes got abandoned in favor of romance?