/trek/ general

Insert edition here

this is just fucking lazy

I started watching Voyager. Caretaker was good. This show seems to have potential but the reputation suggests it all comes crashing down.

so was the dude at the end of the chase supposed to be a founder or what?

>edition

I still remember my first time watching Caretaker all those years ago. They brought out those phaser rifles and I was just like... wait, what? What do they need rifles for? The Federation phaser is already the perfect weapon, it has essentially unlimited energy capacity, can be used for a variety of non-combat purposes but is still powerful enough to vaporize a humanoid, and Starfleet officers have never had any trouble aiming one. What advantage do rifles have over hand phasers except for making them more unwieldy and difficult to carry? Once I realized it was just "rule of cool" for the new UPN network, everything else was downhill from there.

It doesn't come crashing down (apart from a few episodes), but it doesn't really go anywhere either. It just doesn't use its core concept much at all.

It's... okay.

>I started watching Voyager

You do realize that phaser rifles have been a thing since TOS, right?

Why are all Bajoran men such literal cucks

This is probably a pasta but why isn't the answer just that rifles are easier to aim? Rifles would be better for like an entrenched position where you are trying to hold your position. Hand phasers would be better for close combat situations I guess.
In other words, I think rifles would be better if all the enemies are coming from one direction, and hand phasers would be better if they are all around you.

religious nutjobs

TNG spent more time ferrying diplomats than exploring
DS9’s guest stars have better arcs than most of its main characters
ENT is a pointless prequel
STD is more pointless than ENT

I knew about this before I started watching, and it's not really very surprising. Kes immediately struck me as looking like a monkey in a blonde wig leftover from TOS. She and Neelix look like they belong on a completely different show, which is the point I guess since they are trying to sell "the delta quadrant is weird! Totally not just another gamma quadrant!"

i hate kes' voice

Such weak bait. That guy was a literal cultist who worshiped Dukat because he actually had magical powers from the pah wraiths. It's not like he could have killed Dukat or something, and he obviously didn't believe the stupid excuse.

Don't believe propaganda from cardie scum.

Apart from the pretty good Caretaker the seasons 1 and 2 are a slog to go through. it gets somewhat better near the end of season 2 when a long and tedious storyarc ends and than once again there's a small step up in quality with the beginning of season 4. But very few episodes are really "good", it's just ..eh

Yeah, something about her carriage as an actor is way off too; feels like it would be more at home in the 60s than the 90s. It's a shame because the actual crew (& maquis) characters are pretty good

Should people attempt to worship Q?

Who had the higher power level?

The only characters worth watching are the doctor, tuvok and neelix. The rest are insufferable, the types of people you just wannna sllap. And janeway is a genocidal space maniac.

There wouldn't be any point. In fact if you tried, Q would probably just look down and say "woah, these are some backwards idiots if I've ever seen them, your race doesn't deserve to live."

Worshiping a powerful and selfish being who can either kill you or protect you makes perfect sense if the worship will actually give you a better chance of a positive outcome. So it kind of makes sense that Bajorans worship the prophets, Vorta worship the Founders, etc.

Dick status, charged and ready, awaiting orders.

>The only characters worth watching are the doctor, tuvok and neelix
>neelix
>worth watching
No.

I propose that men who have a bad relationship with their mother hate Janeway.
Tuvok and Robert Picardo have been my favorites so far, so I'm glad to hear that they remain interesting to watch. I'm also interested in the integration of the maquis crew.

I think you painted yourself into a corner

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that DS9 sucked, right?

boy did it suck
totally unwatchable

I don't see it mate.

I hate my mom but like Janeway (at least I’d rather serve under her than Sisko). Maybe it’s people raised by single mothers?

Neelix had a good episode where he died and came back to life, but that doesn't make him worth watching. He's still an insufferably annoying child molester.

How do you feel about Guinan?

>I'm also interested in the integration of the maquis crew.
The main characters become fully integrated after episode 10 and never again question Janeway's orders using "but I'm Maquis" as a justification. The side characters become fully integrated after episode 16 and never again use "but I'm Maquis" as a justification to question Janeway's orders. From that point forward, it's as if they've all been in Starfleet all their lives.

Ironic shitposts in order to move the thread along are not an acceptable reason for posting.

I have a higher opinion of her because she appeared less often and didn't molest any children. And she had more fun moments, like flirting with Riker or hiring Lal or counseling Worf.

ANSEWR ME PLS

RDM said that they’re not intended to be connected (lots of actors in Trek portray multiple unrelated characters) but they may actually be related to the Preservers from The a Paradise Syndrome

That doesn't make any sense at all. The Preservers were active a few hundred years ago, the Progenitors were active a few billion years ago.

Anybody that believes this has no sense of scale.

Any Riker fatfic?

I’m just telling you what the asshole that wrote it said. The biggest problem with Sup Forums in general and /trek/ specifically is the low function autists who can’t get past the concept of an actor playing more than one role.

Riker ate a bunch of food and his uniform got tighter, so he replicated a larger uniform, and since he was right there, replicated more food.

tfw no cardie gf

Q took Picard to the moment life began on Earth. I sure didn’t see a bald lesbian pouring detergent anywhere.

Tuvix

You said any, not good.

NO YOU CAN'T DON'T EVEN TRY

Ok, that sounds about right honestly. The main former-maquis characters were at least partially Starfleet trained anyway. I'd expect the crew to be fully integrated by the beginning of the second season, so episode 16 isn't bad. Way better than the tension only lasting two or three eps.

I saw Commander Riker at a 10-foward yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and went back to my raktajino, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to turn in my dishes to Guinan, I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen KFC family meals in his hands.
Guinan was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Commander, you can't take those to your quarters.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the bar.
When she told him to sit at one of the tables to enjoy his meal and he stopped her and told her he would eat at the counter “to prevent any dyson sphere's,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a thing. After he ate each bucket and threw them on the floor, Guinan attempted to tell him he had to dispose of them, but he kept interrupting her by patting his belly really loudly.

How do I get the position of Riker's belly patter?

to be fair, when he said the characters become fully integrated after episode 16, he meant that
>first three-ish episodes
>some tension
>episodes 4-15
>tension? what tension?
>episode 16
>oh yeah there was supposed to be tension between these people let's do an episode about that
>never mentioned again afterwards

>unorganized gangs roam the space lanes
>diseased aliens harvest organs with advanced transporter technology
I’d imagine the petty squabbles of Alpha Quadrant politics seem insignificant when you’re all alone.

oh sure, but the first season could've eased the crew to see past their differences in politics and have them grow together. The first season was shorter than TNG and DS9's anyway, so that would've been nice, let them get into the heavy shit starting season 2.

u would. all of them.

he did not get laid

wow thanks for the answer buddy

oh boy, his ban is over

stay back!

lol

what is happening

old scotty!

looks like our resident butthurt namefag is awake again

lighten up!

he just got banned for this exact same spamming shit. report him so he gets banned again

>it's a mirror episode
goddamnit why are there so many

New policy: When trekkie229 shows up, do nothing but report spam him until he gets banned.

The reaction face was supposed to represent cumming not eyerolling

play on words i know... still lol

I was surprised when I realized DS9 had like 5. I figured it would have one, but 5? Shit.

are they? 1 in TOS, 5 in DS9 and a twoparter in ENT.
It's not that much, it's just the fact that the later DS9 ones were a filler of a worst kind. What a waste of great potential.
ENT one was great tho.

sexy

>tfw mirror Brunt was a pretty cool guy

>everyone acts like a sociopathic asshole: the universe
No wonder you like the Mirror Episodes so much

Apparently Quentin Tarantino is going to direct a Star Trek movie

nice i her it too

Do modern day Astronauts do anything useful apart from hanging around in orbit for a few months?

old news, user.
TOS actually had some good points to make with the MU episode. DS9 just went full schlock with them

they do science experiments

Cook him a nice meal every evening and hand feed it to him.

>no mirror TNG episode where Picard is a war monger and Crusher is a mad doctor that gets off on torturing prisoners while wearing a skimpy outfit

he's not that big

No replying, only report.

>tfw rewatching DS9 and realizing Quark really was a degenerate and Brunt did nothing wrong

he's just asking questions, dude

It would've been neat to have a TNG MU episode, but I'm also fine with it not happening. At least we have the comic, that's kinda bad but also great.