Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that this is the greatest cartoon ever made and has a perfect ending?

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that this is the greatest cartoon ever made and has a perfect ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In b/4 some bitter faggot complains about energy bending being a deus ex machina

we will never agree on that

I like Avatar but the only purpose of this thread will be to start shit between the people who do and don't

It's certainly one of my favorites, and while the energy bending thing kind of came out of nowhere, I still liked it and it at least felt like it belonged, partly because they never delved into Avatar mythology too much and left it mysterious and ambiguous, letting us form our own conclusions.

Then fucking Korra came, pulled everything out of it's ass, and shat on TLAA. I personally like to believe Korra never happened.

Also, this is my first post on Sup Forums, so forgive me if I have an unpopular opinion

Fuck no.
Sorry Sup Forums, the best American cartoons of all time are all comedies.

I was really liking it, and wanted it to live up to the praise, but the season 2 ending and everything that followed feature irredeemably bad writing.

Calling it the greatest is frankly insulting to western animation.

Pic related is much, much better.
I've never wanted to rewatch a cartoon as much as this one. Sorry, ATLA.

Nah, man.

"Best" is purely subjective in this case. AtLA is a fantastic show and certainly deserving of recognition as one of this generation's greats... but it isn't perfect and there are valid arguments to be made in favor of other shows as well.

literally 13 year old shipbaiting the show.

Hell no! Zutara would have been much better than Kataang!

It was until Korra came along. It was even better.

No, that would be star wars the Clone Wars

:^)

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

WoY proves it's better to have no ending than a shitty one like ATLA

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

You know, you just might have something there.

butis true. Korra is shit

He said The Clone Wars, not Clone Wars, and he's right.

only for retards on Sup Forums that cant stop bitching

ER is pretty much what happens with you combine Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums and shove it into one youtube channel.

he makes some pretty solid points in his videos but I feel that his "im so fucking edgy, laugh at me" humor can get pretty old really quick.

but overall he is alright.

>greatest cartoon ever made

By some criteria, certainly.

>has a perfect ending?

Absolutely not.

Seriously, though, I was so disappointed that nothing happened between Zuko and Katara after Crossroads of Destiny. Shame.

Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr. Sup Forums was right about you

incredible cartoon, wonderful execution

Lion Turtle is still complete bullshit and we should have seen more of that guru guy.

Good thing there wasn't a shitty sequel that followed.

I know, I just enjoy any excuse to post this scene.

...and does The Clone Wars include that godawful movie with the baby Hutt?

fuck off and go back

There was FAAAAAAAAR more shipbait in ATLA, you absolute moron.

No and no.

More like Deus Ex Rock-ina

nah, I like it here. Besides, it seems like I'm not alone in thinking korra is shit

>and does The Clone Wars include that godawful movie with the baby Hutt?
It's the pilot for the show. It was supposed to be 4 separate episodes but they decided to change it into a movie and it ended up shitty. The actual show was never as bad as that.

yeah some small minority on Sup Forums so many

should have listened to seriously what is this thread even trying to achieve?

only an autist picks semantics like that

nice mad kid

here's your last (You) since I'm out of images.

btw, Korra sucks

are you well

>picks
>not nitpicks

>tfw we can't have comfy Avatar threads any more because all of Sup Forums have convinced themselves Korra is the worst show ever and they will turn every thread into a circlejerk over how shitty it is.

Sup Forums just loves to argue.

This much should be obvious by now.

To be fair, ATLA is pretty bad too. Sup Forums is just being retarded about it because Western animation is a wasteland compared to anime.

yea it fucking sucks there was a thread about zuko dating then some retards started bitching about korra

What is the point of a discussion board according to you?

it's almost as if people have different opinions and Sup Forums isn't a single hivemind

Korra suffers from Digimon 02 syndrome. It wasn't as good as the first and is fucking panned for that - then had a really bad fan fic type ending which ruined the show for many people.

I've rewatched both of them back to back multiple times, and Korra really isn't that much worse. It's definitely worse, and the characters are overall substantially worse - but it's not like LA was 10/10 and Korra was 0/10.

>Any anime
>Anywhere near the quality of Avatar and Korra

I dislike it because I'm a massive lorefag because of video games, and I felt it betrayed a lot of source material, and retconned things that didn't need to be. Of course, you're free to disagree with me. That's the beauty of being human, we can like different things and shitpost while respecting that

Korra is 8/10

>I felt it betrayed a lot of source material
how

Korra tainted Avatar. Sorry there's no going about.
It's similar to every other shit prequel/sequel that was so bad and destroyed what made the original material so great.

Pretty much any anime Sup Forums regularly talks about is leagues better than both. Now, you can obviously find shit anime quite easily, but nobody watches it, unlike shit cartoons.

JACKFAGS

ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idiot

I wouldn't rate Korra an 8, but yeah I agree they are closer than most people say.

Has there EVER been a "Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree [x]" thread that wasnt just bait?

Even though I actually do agree with OP in this case.

Compared to ATLA's relative 10/10, LOK really is 0/10. Of course, IMO ATLA barely gets a passing grade, so LOK literally isn't even on the scale.

>every single air nomad now has tattoos instead of just masters
>lionturtles hand out powerups instead of people learning from nature/animals
>Avatar state is actually Raava instead of all the knowledge of the Avatars past lives
>spirits are straight out of Spirited away instead of being representations of animals
>Spirit world portals are fucking megaman teleport beams
>Bloodbending without a full moon, thus allowing one to become a god. Katara and Hama are fucking scrubs for needing the moon

And much more that I'll have to look up.

But of course, don't let me detract from your enjoyment of the show

nice opinion

Yeah, I really don't get how there's supposed to be this HUUUGE gap in quality between the two. Maybe if all of Korra was like the first half of season 2, but only then. To me, Korra is just more of the same with a few more flaws.

Thanks, I worked hard on it.
(Actually, I kind of did, seeing as how I used to think much more like but always with a sense of unease, like something was wrong with both shows.)

>And much more that I'll have to look up.
Other user here: please do, I'm curious if there's anything wrong with LOK I haven't read about yet, or thought of myself for that matter.

>every single air nomad now has tattoos instead of just masters
when did that happen
>people learning from nature/animals
they learned the style of bending from animals didnt get the bending from them >Avatar state is actually Raava instead of all the knowledge of the Avatars past lives
it was allays a power up
>spirits are straight out of Spirited away instead of being representations of animals
how is that a bad thing
>Spirit world portals are fucking megaman teleport beams
thats what a portal is
Bloodbending without a full moon
only 2 can do that and he needed to train all his life to master it and his brother needed a fullmooon and all 3 are dead

looks like you need to watch the show again

This is by far one of the most autistic posts I've seen on Sup Forums in a while. I hope this was an ironic shitpost.

>Now, you can obviously find shit anime quite easily, but nobody watches it, unlike shit cartoons.

Now now, lets no exaggerate; there is plenty of shit animu that gets popular and is talked about. Hell, all that even the shittiest of anime needs to get relatively popular on Sup Forums is for some company to dub it and release it on western TV.

>This is by far one of the most autistic posts I've seen on Sup Forums in a while. I hope this was an ironic shitpost.
You have shit taste, and nope, it certainly was not.

The first part of season 3 was pointless filler but otherwise yea I agree. It's got surprisingly few flaws.

The filename doesn't work in my case, I have no clue what the fuck that is.

yap shitpost

The only episodes in the entire show that were pointless filler were Great Divide and Painted Lady, and only one of those was in Book 3. You're full of shit.

It's not even about my taste, it's about how fucking stupid and illogical your post was you sperg

You keep telling yourself that.

You're the sperg here, user.

Looks like you do, friend

>when did that happen
Beginnings

>they learned the style of bending from animals didnt get the bending from them
I'll concede this point, but it doesn't explain how bending became genetic

>it was allays a power up
Funny how Aang, Roku, or Kyoshi ever mentioned Raava until her convenient existence was established

>how is that a bad thing
Take a look at TLAA spirits and get back to me. They looked nothing like that in TLAA. Whether or not you think they look good or not is subjective, though

>thats what a portal is
funny how Aang needed to meditate to get to the spirit world when he was right next to a portal at the North Pole. Also funny how he didn't enter it physically, and Book 1 could've been much shorter if they just used warp cheats

>only 2 can do that and he needed to train all
his life to master it and his brother needed a fullmooon and all 3 are dead
The fact that they can at all is baffling, considering Hama found the technique in the first place

I agree with you, but what in the world is TLAA? The Last Airbending Avatar?

>Beginnings
you mean the gays that are not real air nomads

fuck me, I'm retarded for that. I meant TLA

Nah, the energy bending asspull was lame

In a just world, Aang would have smited his ass upon that rock without remorse

I would argue that Painted Lady isn't entirely filler. It gives us a look at life in the Fire Nation and how the war has effected that town. Still one of the weakest episodes, though.

That's the problem with sequels, somebody always feels like they have to take the source material and amplify, rather than be entirely faithful. Make it bigger!! More explodey!

100% agreed. If they had just kept the era before the Avata a mystery and not introduce Raava and Vaatu, I'd like Korra a little more

Nope, it's entirely filler, because it gives us "a look at" nothing unique whatsoever. You could literally have written a better fanfic with a more interesting village. Compare this to the Headband episode, which is often hated on more (for Kataang), yet delivers info which actually wasn't mentioned anywhere else in the show, about the education system in particular.

Mai/Zuko is retarded (Mai is a tired annoying cliche and Zuko is boring with her) and Toph never made up with her parents. Those are really my two biggest complaints.

Really? Those things bother you more than the unresolved Zuko's mom story?

Got resolved in the comics, I think. In an unsatisfying way, apparently. Also Mai and Zuko split up, so theres that, anons.

>perfect ending
No. I am sorry, but without Mako it will never be the perfect anything.

I loved the Avatar series, but you clearly made this thread with the intention of starting a fight between people who like it and people who don't. Fuck off.

There are a lot of things unresolved in the story. I think Toph not meeting up with her parents is pretty realistic, many times when somebody runs away or is estranged from their parents at a young age the matter is never settled.

Although personally, and I don't know if you're on board with this, I though that Aang/Katara was messed up. Katara was clearly a big sister figure to him throughout the show, there was little to suggest that they had a romantic interest in one another except for that one episode about the tunnels. It felt really forced and off, like some executive told he writers "THEY HAVE TO END UP TOGETHER IN THE END".

That, and seeing a 13 year old and 15 year old making out isn't what anybody really wants. I wouldn't have minded them just standing close with the implication Katara's feelings had changed somewhat and the future may hold something.

Avatar is better than most anime.

Most anime is better than Korra.

Endgame pairings should have been:

Sokka/Toph
Katara/Jet
Mei/Ty Lee
Aang/Zuko

Fight me

Wrong. It should have been Toph's feet/My dick

LOK and the comics are just creator-approved fanfiction, and in any case the Toph's parents plot also got resolved in the comics. And it's been confirmed Zuko and Mai got back together later.

There's no way to fight you on this, user. Should have happened.

The Zuko/Aang tension was the only thing remotely close to chemistry in the whole series.

>seeing a 13 year old and 15 year old making out isn't what anybody really wants.
Are you new to Sup Forums?

It's true. We only want to see 14 year olds suffer

Personally, I think Katara/Zuko would have made more sense. Zuko's interest in Aang was always professional, but with Katara there was legitimately something there. IMO:

Zuko/Katara
Sokka/Toph
Aang/No major character (sorry bro)

I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE

>Aang/No major character (sorry bro)
Seriously, if they were pushing that "monk and his vows" shit so much when he didn't want to kill Ozai, they could have at least been consistent and kept him a celibate

This aligns with my thoughts on it as well. There was a lot of potential that ended up swept away in the end.

There were plenty of things wrong with the show before then, you just didn't notice them because you thought Zutara still had a chance to happen.

I ship Aang/Toph and it makes me sad that I'm the only one.