RIP hollywood cyberpunk

RIP hollywood cyberpunk

They assumed that like Indian Jones and Star Wars there was a Blade Runner following large enough to do a $150 Million budget film.
They assumed wrong.
Maybe if they did a full trilogy like Star Wars and Indiana Jones a fourth movie further down the line could have made money.

>RIP Hollywood
fixed

so this is it ? no Snow Crash 2020 ?
S

GitS was shit. That director should stick to making over-produced perfume commercials.

Havent you noticed already. Capeshit, star wars, and pixar are the only things consistently making money. And theyre all controlled by the Mouse. They've now bought 21st Century Fox as well. Pretty soon they'll be the only major film company.

>make $100m
>meh not worth the trouble
really?

I hope so
Cyber punk is garbage pleb meme for videogame player

these kinds of kino don't appeal to low IQ audiences, if you don't know movies that do well commercially pander to blacks and hispanics

I blame stupid normies who are too dumb to understand anything other than capeshit

The final nail is going to be Battle Angel bombing even worse than Valerian.

Good thing Mute and Altered Carbon are coming to Netflix.

>Valerian
Valerian was shit though.

This is gonna bomb hard. When the trailer came on in the theaters many ppl around me were literally laughing at it.

despite popular believe, cyberpunk/steampunk was and will always be a nieche product.

the only succesful SciFi with a big and wide audience is quip or Action SciFi

Steampunk doesn't really deserve to be grouped in with it since it's so much worse

Star Wars will probably a lot less consistent from here on out

If by less consitent you mean every film wont make 1 bil then sure, but they'll all still make huge profit, just like all those MCU movies the make around 800m worldwide.

>BR
>cyberpunk
fuck off

Just kys.

more like rip big budget non CBM franchise scifi

enjoy quips of the galaxy as the only profitable scifi in your theaters for the next 20 years

Tarantino Trek too.
Ready Player One will get all the normies and nerdy numales into cinema aswell.
Annihilation could be succesful like Arrival.

you have to add on 30% of the production budget for marketing, and the fact that the studio only gets like 50% of domestic and 30% of foreign box office receipts

They also paid a shit ton of money to actually acquire star wars though, and it's not really clear if they're hitting a more steady number or just falling really fast

Blade Runner is biopunk

>Annihilation could be succesful like Arrival.

I'm sorry my friend I won't spoil the ending for you but no