Toon-Zilla?

Could a new age of kaiju cartoons be upon us?

No.

Why would you ask?

We have an anime coming soon, seems pretty cool so far

On an unrelated note: If Kong wins in 2020 I will be pissed

Considering that they have graced our cinema screens and comic books several times as of late, it seems like this would be an opportune time to do so.

Neither of them are going to win, they're gonna fight for a bit of the movie than team up against a common foe. iirc even Thomas Tull said that's what was gonna happen.

>a common foe
Kaiju donut, or an old favorite?

Who's that plant based monster? I don't recognize it

Biollante

Unless it's Frankenstein or a non - goji specific Kaiju, it should be a donut

I love the Heisei era covers. Would hang on my walls

It's a shame that we'll never get posters like these again

these posters are better than the movies they advertise

Tull said they'd be doing more original monsters, granted that was right before he left Legendary so who knows.

>The beginning of Skull Island began with Marlow and that Japanese man fighting before working together
>If the team up theory is true then an American monster and a Japanese monster will fight and then work together later

I hope that at the end of their fight G has the upper hand like with the human fight

pottery

Bump

Godzilla and King Kong are the closest thing to real heroes in the upcoming Tohoverse. Mothra too, but when push comes to shove we all know who the real stars of the film are going to be. And with KING GIDDORAH,
TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER-AH being confirmed, it's pretty obvious that East and West are going to team up to take on Space

Skull Island was so fucking good. I wish it came out 5 years ago so I could buy a whole toyline of Kong figures

>tohoverse

MonsterVerse user, it's called the MonsterVerse

Then what's the Universal Monster Universe called?

Kaiju Avengers when

Man I wish.

Universal Horror or Universal Monsters, I think.

Bump

>Frankenstein

Full circle.

I'm hoping its king ghidora

That godzilla mustve been the direct influence for reptar

Shouldn't it be called the Kaijuverse?

A few suggestions on who it might be:

>Ghiddora
>Space Godzilla
>Frankenstein
>Shin Gojira

Hammerverse Reborn

doesn't that only have the one movie comic out since the Dracula movie flopped?
and the Mummy looks kinda BAD

take off your trip Boco
no one wants to know when your around

New Zilla thread?

Reptar's actually pretty much a direct expy of Showa Godzilla, one of Reptar's movies that we see in an episode of Rugrats is a pretty heavy copy of the first appearance of Mechagodzilla

I feel like if the giant monster ,plies were gonna spark a cartoon they would have by now.

I like mothra.

I really don't care what happens, as long as my elegant and beautiful Kaiju-waifu shows up.

Would be nice if, concurrently with the Jap animated projects, there was a western alternative too. This franchise has been criminally underrepresented in the animated medium, and imo that's greatly limited its accessibility. The anime movies will possibly bring in part of the weeb crowd, but a murican show would have a wider reach.