Blade Runner 2049

Watched this last night. Almost 3 HOURS!!! Very weak script. Good cinematography. Can't recommend it. Opinions?

7/10
Top 5 of the year.
Good Blade Runner kino.

I have plenty of problems with this film but you're a fucking fool if you think the script was very weak and take issue with the length

reads like a Trump's tweet holy shit

The soundtrack pissed me off. It's bad copycat of the original but it's annoying, screeching and it doesn't even exist for half of the movie.

I wouldn't normally care but the soundtrack is practically 80% of the appeal of the original movie.

I always say the same here but that always ends up getting 2-3 replies from kino memers saying it's not a valid argument. But that ost was almost not even present throughout the film, seemed more to be a way to grab the viewers attention when scene changes or when Ryan is unironicly "driving".

i liked it overall. it met all of my expectations but unfortunately surpassed none of them. i also thought gosling was a weak lead or maybe i just didn't really care for k as a character and the way he was written/directed.

OP here again. What do you think the repeat potential is of the film?

The problem with dystopian fiction is that it tends to be one-sided. Good for Villeneuve because he barely manages more than one tone per film.
It also has a bad track record of actually becoming true.
To label this film science-fiction in 2017 is either offensive or ignorant. Why the hell would someone create androids when we already have evidence that the human body is not the most efficient for labor? And why wouldn’t they just have a killswitch?
Blade Runner 2049 is really just a continuation of ideas people had half a century ago. It’s even worse than the usual 80s nostalgia because this demonstrates a complete dismissal of current progress and is ignorant to more likely predictions.
We‘re either heading towards a positive future with technological progress where humans are subservient to our AI overlords or we become part of a hivemind utopia.
Or something terrible happens and we have something apocalyptic like The Walking Dead.
Blade Runner 2049 has the audacity to project a future with human AI, flying cars and fancy gadgets but earth pretty much in ruins. Human AI that never transcends human intelligence? We’ve already seen that’s unlikely (Chess, Go, Dota, self-driving cars etc). And does anyone seriously believe we‘re getting flying cars before solving the energy and climate crisis? Lmao.
This movie is another example of unimaginative fantasy masquerading as sci-fi. It requires tremendous suspension of disbelief in order to convey themes for almost three hours that have been covered much better in a short story 50 years ago. Embarrassing.

Sad.

Why are you LARPing as Trump?

t. Poorfag who just watched the dl

Like i give a fuck what some asshole thinks that watched some camrip on their phone

Is 7 bucks considered a lot of money in your third world country, "daniel"? or did your parents pay for you?

I have a weak mind and I'd recommend it just for Ana alone tbqhwyrnatvm

Advanced bait.

Kys, transhuman trash.

You are completely off baseline

>Kys
Go back to your home site or board, election parasite.

No

bump

this movie definitely needs to be seen in an imax theater. i watched it last night at home and didn't enjoy it as much. the sea wall scene was powerful in the theater, at home it's mediocre. when he's arrested at the lab, the spinner looks like a toy hanging from a string. some movies should never be released for home viewing.