The Last Jedi hits $850 MILLION!

The Last Jedi hits $850 MILLION!

How do we stop it Bros? Why aren’t people listening to our Rotten Tomatoes user reviews? This can’t be happening! We’re in charge here!

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-hopes-next-blockbuster-newest-star-wars-211352601--finance.html
autismspeaks.org/what-autism/treatment/medicines-treating-core-symptoms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

850 million aint shit, it has to atleast break one billion to even be considered a success

I’ve said this before. Pretty damn impressive for the third consecutive Star Wars Movie in three years. You’d think Star Wars fatigue would set in by now.

>coping this hard

lmaoooooooooo bruh

Delicious salt and butt hurt damage control.

>was projected to hit 2bil
>now projected to hit 1.6
>tracking below jurassic world

normies never get fatigued of the same garbage

see: capeshit

not impressive at all for Luke Skywalker's return

Don't give up, white brothers of Lord Kek. The white race shall rise! NO MORE NIGGERS AND "STRONG" WOMEN IN FILM. WE WANT WHITE, STRONG, MASCULINE CONSERVATIVE MEN WHO DOMINATE INFERIOR SUBVERSIVE WOMEN AND NONWHTIES, AND UNTIL WE GET IT, WE WILL DOWN VOTE EVERY SINGLE KEK MOVIE AND MAKE RACE BAIT THREADS ON Sup Forums, /R9K/, /LIT/, AND Sup Forums.

PRAISE KEK

oh hey marketer how much do you get paid?

It has four weeks left in its planned theatrical run. It will be fun to see where it ends up.

Do you feel in charge?

i honestly can't tell if this is real or satire

>moving the goal post

It is well on its way to 1 billion, and you idiots will claim it needs 1.2 to break even.

SALT

how much do you get paid?

either marketer or some top shelf shitposting

>was projected to hit 2bil
>now its 1.6
>no u r moving goalpost

fuck off faggot

>4 chan

Wew lad! Look at all this damage control. Sup Forums gets REKT again!

Attack of the Clones only made $650mil after Phantom Menace made $1bil.

The time gap between trilogies gets people really hyped, but the sequels have big drop offs.

>moving makes billions of dollars
>i.i.itts s.still failed! muh sjw, muh negros, you're a shilll!!!11! etc

the butthurt ITT is fantastic

You're absolutely retarded.

yeah i saw 1.9B projection a while ago

whoops

It's more that AotC and TLJ are just bad movies

wow, it's as if projections are estimates or something, huh?

stay mad white boy

I love how the original talking point was "It'll make 1.6 billion, it's a huge hit, Sup Forums btfo" and it's already been altered to "It'll make 1.2 billion, it's a huge hit, Sup Forums btfo"

Can't wait for "It'll make 950 million, it's a huge hit, Sup Forums btfo"

>The Force Awakens will flop!
>Rogue One will flop!
>The Last Jedi will flop!

>aww why are there so many SW threads?
>I'll retaliate by shilling the movie
Good job.

Keep crying Sup Forums.

> he screen caps posts
Wow, that’s cringe worthy autism

You clearly don't belong here

strategically small audience ok!

the next one will be even smaller

>How do we stop it Bros?
Stop making 50 threads an hour about it and talk about something else

Disney’s marketing has been bloated to such a degree that it’s tacked onto everything including fruit. You might think “It’s just a sticker. Hardly cost a thing, I bet.” Well you sort of correct.

Let’s look at it this way. Each banana gets a sticker on it. They cost 1 cent per a sticker let’s say. Not bad right? I used to be a lead for the produce department for a Wal Mart Store. They were the number one single most sold item in the store and for all other Walmart’s with a grocery section as well. I’d say they sold on average 35 boxes a day of bananas which was about 20 bunches of bananas each box. Let’s say there is 2 stickers attached to 2 different bananas of each bunch. 2x20x35x.01=$14. That’s not a lot right? $14 a day at a store to spend on banatnas isn’t that bad. Now keep in mind there is 5000+ Wal Mart Stores. Now it’s somewhere around $70,000 advertising with bananas. Now imagine them keeping up with this for a 30 day month long period. That is $2,100,000. There’s more store than just Wal Marts too.

TL;DR - Disney could have potentially spent $2million advertising stickers on fruit alone in one month.

Yeah bro, we have to fight back against right-wing hate archives

The past doesn't matter, the future is now.

>"The Last Jedi" will continue from where "Force" left off. Michael Nathanson of MoffettNathanson has a "somewhat conservative" estimate of $1.9 billion in box-office haul for the film. He also expects the latest "Avengers" installment to bring in $1.3 billion
>conservative estimate of 1.9 billion
>1.9 billion
>conservative

finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-hopes-next-blockbuster-newest-star-wars-211352601--finance.html

>globally
Jesus Christ what a fucking embarassment.

>But it was supposed to make seventy billions!!
>But dose toys ain’t sellin!
>But my user review scores!
>But it ain’t gonna break even!
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Comparing this to Jurassic World/TFA is dumb.
Those movies were both advertised completely on 80s/90s nostalgia. The Last Jedi couldn't pull that card again, so it had to advertise on itself.

>950 million isn't a huge hit
>Sup Forums is this retarded

>Sequels always make less money! It's expected!

You don't seem to understand how this works.

The damage isn't in the shit movie that you had to see in order to know it was shit (almost everyone that was gonna see it, saw it no matter what reviews say), the damage comes when people won't go see the next one.

>1.6
lmao 1.3 at most now

then you're retarded

>250 million budget
>250+ million marketing

It needs at least 900 million to break even.

It's probably going to make 1.3 billion which is still far below Disney expectations.

The first movie cracked 2b worldwile, meanwhile this one still struggling to reach half of that, the fatigue is real.

>Muh sekrit autism club!

>Bananas are the number one selling item at Walmart
Neato I learned something new

except this is Disney where the MCU exists and almost every sequel gets more and more money, same for their pirates films. They expect their sequels to either not have drops or to have minimal ones, if this one ends up at 50% of TFA then that's an issue for them.

For fuck's sake nigger why don't you try to be interested in your own life instead of what nerds on the internet are doing?

>You're autistic and retarded for talking about box office numbers
>now let me tell you about box office numbers
What the fuck man

The number one best selling *produce* item, can you even read?

>the "marketing costs 250 gorbillion meme"
You retards always look silly when you bring this up, marketing costs are not a flat rate.

>Those movies were both advertised completely on 80s/90s nostalgia. The Last Jedi couldn't pull that card again, so it had to advertise on itself.

You marketers need to come up with better lines

Anything lower than $1 billion would be a fucking catastrophe, but it have to gross at least $1,5 billions worldwide to not to be seen as a HUGE disappointment.

>Makes $850 Million in under two weeks
>But it’s struggling to make a billion I tells ya!!

It's a cringe worthy samefag shill.
I just don't understand why someone would do this. I mean, I don't believe in shills on Sup Forums, but to go out of your way to create threads and samefag to defend this movie is weird as fuck.

Either-way, the movie under performed bad and people will lose their jobs over this clusterfuck.

which it will

IT'S FUCKING BEEN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS

ARE YOU PEOPLE FUCKING RETARDED?!?

>almost a billion dollars is a huge disappointment

>The number one best selling *produce* item, can you even read?

its the number one item overall

youve been making this thread for days (i think) maybe 18 hours a day

autismspeaks.org/what-autism/treatment/medicines-treating-core-symptoms

>Disney doesn't want profit maximization
You are clearly retarded and also mad as fuck.

shills straw manning with other shills, the absolute state of a mongolian fingerpainting board

Sup Forums is always wrong. Your review bombing campaign only made people want to see iit more. You’re the laughing stock of the internet. Great job kids.

>Can you read
Sorta kinda. I have the flu so blow it out your ass :)

Which means it will reach 1.2 billion at most, as was foretold. Crazy Kennedy is finished !

>Decent chance at finishing below Beauty and the Beast WW gross of $1.3b
>Studio expectations were $1.8b
>The ones that hate the movie the most are the nerds that buy most of the merch
>This is the same studio that restructured the entire MCU because AOU fell $100m below estimates

Are you seriously implying that Disney will just brush off and move on?

Are you fucking insane? They've been making Marvel movies for 10 fucking years and they still slurp up that shit multiple times a year. You think three Star wars movie is enough for the fucking sheep out there to be tired? You will die before those fuckers get sick of Disney.

>Sup Forums is always wrong. Your review bombing campaign only made people want to see iit more. You’re the laughing stock of the internet. Great job kids.

Why are marketers such shit at bants?

>posting more retarded shit
You aren't even reading posts are you?

Sup Forums actually believes a Star Wars movie 2 weeks out and almost at a billion dollars is some "HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?! DISNEY ON SUICIDE WATCH" autism.

tfa made 2 billion fucktard

Just like how Justice League and BvS made billions of dollars because of their massive opening weekends

This is just embarrassing.

Look at all this green text butt hurt. Hilarious.

>no argument

see

>The Last Jedi was projected to hit $2 billion
>Its daily box office is significantly lower than The Force Awakens
>It looks like it will only make $1.5 billion
>$500 million in lost potential profits
And this is okay? This is nothing to look inwardly about? Drumpf btfo? Who do you think will miss a whole $500 million? Nobody?

...which was the 4th highest grossing film of all time. Why cant everything be the highest grossing? Abloo Abloo!

Everyone already knows it's a bad movie. Ther'es nothing more than has to be done. The panic in Disney's actions proves this.

I know right. Sup Forums has humiliated themselves once again.

disney wants each movie to make less, geez, learn 2 bizness

sequels literally never make more money than the original, this is a fact

Can I get a genuine reason why you are doing this?

this will pass fucking BvS WORLDWIDE BEFORE THE FUCKING END OF THE WEEK!

WHY ARE YOU RETARDS SO FUCKING STUPID

Every dollar that goes to this is a dollar that destroys our white way of life. We must stop this guys! Hail Hitler!

That makes no sense at all.

>...which was the 4th highest grossing film of all time. Why cant everything be the highest grossing? Abloo Abloo!

Hey marketer how much do you get paid?

Massive damage control.

Sup Forums on suicide watch.

people originally said it needed 750 billion to be considered a success

lol

It's literally on track to zip past breaking even, in one week, it makes over a billion. Then it has what, 2 and a half more weeks? If anything, it goes a little above even, which is still a positive return.

So you are retarded.

>sequels literally never make more money than the original, this is a fact

see
get a new talking point shill

that was minimum break even

iron man 2 made more than iron man 1

iron man 3 made more than 2

i dont really feel like looking for other examples

Your asshurt is immense. You just keep spamming the same responses lol

Holy shit at the shill damage control

That's min domestic

TLJ is the BvS of Star Wars. Keep bragging about those box office numbers, we'll laughing when Solo and IX hit.

>Any positive opinion or support makes you a marketer
How many dozens of BR2049 threads did you make faggot?

>in one week, it makes over a billion.

marketers are retarded

show me proof, and i don't mean MCU/Cinematic Universe shit since that doesn't count and lives off hype. And not franchises that live off of one superstar actor like The Rock or Johnny Depp or ones that only make more money because of China becoming a factor in modern box office