What should be the next cartoon that should get a revival on adult swim and why is it billy and mandy?

What should be the next cartoon that should get a revival on adult swim and why is it billy and mandy?

But the creator is working on his online puppet show Dead Meat.
Bring on Sym Bionic Titan instead

SBT was shit, and do you really think dead meat will ever get made in the end?

Well considering they're bringing back anime too, Bobobo because of that shitty ending and it can be unchanged from the manga

>Billy and Mandy are teenagers
>Mandy has the Scythe, attempts to take over Earth and underworld
>Grim is relieved of his contract and granted with ultimate undead power to hunt down and destroy Billy and Mandy
>Essentially the show would consist of Billy and Mandy getting into quarrels with a bunch of zany supernatural characters led by Grim trying to destroy them

Didn't it ended so suddenly because the studio making it went bankrupt?
I remember watching the finale years ago and thinking it was just some sort of joke.
Also, why bring back FLCL?
That show was already perfect on its own and there's nothing really necessary to explore

No, it was animated by Toei. It was ended because Jap soccer moms thought it was too stupid and rallied against it.

I'd rather see a spiritual successor with a similar concept, maybe even in the same universe, as opposed to a revival.

Billy and Mandy could never be truly "finished" given its format so I think its great and complete as it is. Kinda like The Angry Beavers.

i think there was an attempt with underfist but shit kind of fell through

I just wanna more of mandy desu because shes cute as fuck

That would be pretty cool

FLCL is coming back. Probably going to be shit though, if you know how the sausage is made.

It was one of the shows that are considered [as] "classics"

Sam and Max, maybe?

thematically the show that would fair the best would be courage

in a world where five nights at freddies is extremely popular courage would do well with that audience

debate me

>Mandy steals the scythe and now tries to take over the world
>Grim has to stop her or else he's going to be banished forever from the underworld which will get taken over anyway if he loses
>Billy is revealed to have been faking being a retard and acts like a retard but in the end backstabs Mandy to take the scythe before Grim does
>tfw Billy and Mandy becomes an amazing Samurai Jack-esque saga where the three characters battle over the scythe but still plenty of comic relief

>Jap soccer moms
i didn't know that was a thing

BUENOS DIAS MANDY

>not Evil Con Carne

Shit, I'd watch it.
>Billy is revealed to have been faking being a retard and acts like a retard but in the end backstabs Mandy to take the scythe before Grim does
I like the betrayal but him "faking to be retarded" is dumb.
Would he be the "Good" route trying to steal the scythe so Mandy and Grim won't fuck shit up or would he be the Mad God/Wild Card route where he just takes it for shits and giggles?

Megas XLR.

Im not sure what i could add to this.

>Would he be the "Good" route trying to steal the scythe so Mandy and Grim won't fuck shit up or would he be the Mad God/Wild Card route where he just takes it for shits and giggles?
both

>Sym Bionic Titan

Unless you can convince the US government to fund it, it will never happen.

>Megas XLR

Owned by the US government. wont happen.

>Unless you can convince the US government to fund it, it will never happen.
if I remember properly series that are written off to the government like that can be bought back, either by the original owner or by someone else(supposedly this is why Megas hasn't been brought back, CN wanted to reacquire it but someone else bought the rights and they still haven't been able to find out who bought them)

see above

what?

both of those shows(as well as Beware The Batman, and maybe the 2011 Thundercats reboot) were involved in a tax writeoff program that basically means in exchange for not having to pay taxes equal to at least part of the cost of producing the show, after a set period of time the TV broadcast rights to the show shift over to the Federal Government and the original network can't air it anymore(this doesn't effect digital video sales though), although it is possible to buy those right back from the government

I might have some details wrong though

While I wouldn't be that apposed to getting more Courage, I feel like the last season was very thematically fitting as an ending for the show. I don't remember every episode but I do remember he fends off the son of the alien chicken from the first episode, beats a hand-full of returning villains for a final time in an against all odds match of dodge-ball, gets revenge on the vet that sent his parents to the moon, and learns to own and love his own imperfections since no one is perfect.
Just seems like a very fitting tone to end a show on, which isn't something many cartoons get.

Is there any recent news on Dead Meat? I was keeping up with the info but haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Eris convinces Billy to betray Mandy. You can get a whole GBU thing going where each group allies with another once in a while.

I don't want a Billy and Mandy revival, I want Underfist

and no Fred Fredburger

Buenos DiAss mandy

this

Can Barron save western animation?

Will Mandy cause 9/11?

The japs have possibly some of the biggest soccer moms in the world

It makes me sad how little love Bobobo gets in general. Even the manga translation, both fan and official, got abandoned.

Eh Billy and Mandy got like 3 movies and 5-10 seasons.
It had a good run.

6 seasons. On the 6th season from the 480p downloads that was posted on the Mega thread last week.

Wasn't aware of the movies, will have to give them a try.

What are you trying to say?

>revival
>reboot
>remake
>soft reboot
>reimagining
>alternative universe

Is there a piece of American media that doesn't throw up in its own mouth? That's how millenials should be named, a generation that throws up in its own mouth

>Essentially the show would consist of Billy and Mandy getting into quarrels with a bunch of zany supernatural characters led by Grim trying to destroy them
so jojo part 3:the comedic remake

first movie was great. Don't remember the other ones

>MFW I own all the manga from the first arc
>MFW It'll nevernbe completely translated and published

Imagine they open Billy and Mandy in a parody of the new Samurai Jack.

>Grim: "Many years have pawssed. But ... I do not age. Time has lost its eh-ffect awn me."
>Grim: " or at least I tink it has. Kind of hard to tell when you're a skeleton."
>Grim: "Anyway. Yet, my suffering continues. These monsters' grasps chokes de past, presant, and de future."
>Mandy(off screen): "Will you hurry up, bonehead? We don't need your mellowdrama eating what screentime we have."
>Bill(off screen): "WE GET TO HAVE CURSE WORDS AND BLOOD NOW, LETS GOOOOO."
>Grim: "WILL YOU TWO PIPE DOWN! ... Got to get back, back do being cancelled, Samurai GRIM!" *SHING*

he's still working on it. Most of the set pieces are done, I think. Do you need his tumblr?