Was it good?

What does Sup Forums think about the Elements miniseriesM

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!g8RA3a4J!ONkaQn9da6X3k4VwzSKoWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit compared to Islands.

Islands gave me new hope for the series, I really should have known better.

Pretty good, had less of Simon and Betty stuff than I was expecting but it was real funny and every episode had really cool designs
think I preferred Islands but this was better than Stakes

>shit compared to Islands
boy fuck outta here with that

Elements > Islands (Interchangeably) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horseshit >>>>>> NTR >>>>>>> Stakes

It was great, but Islands was better.

It was absolutely boring and uneventful. How the fuck are you people still watching this garbage?

Islands was much better, it had new things to show. Elements brought nothing new to the table.

Elements > Stakes > Islands

>boo hoo vamp meme character drama > based robo mom

It was tremendously fun.

I wish that I could turn back time...

Islands was interesting and a lot of fun, but I think Stakes was a more complete package. Biggest problems with Islands was the weaker second and third episodes, and the time on Founder's Island being condensed to two episodes really hurt the potential impact it could've had. I think Islands gets more praise because people prefer the premise and ideas behind it rather than the execution, which "objectively speaking" Stakes did a better job at. Partly because it was less ambitious to be fair.

Remember when Jeremy Shada was considered a child voice actor?
I remember

It was alright, I don't like how much LSP it had but man the art was great and any scene with Finn and Jake was giving me a heart attack over how heartwarming they were, the song by PB and the candy/fire designs were amazing.

You got it backwards

Islands > Stakes > LSP

I agree with your points, I didn't even think episodes 2 and 3 were bad but the time could and likely should have been used elsewhere in the series. I guess that would be hard to do with how they have to be done in 11 minute chunks so it's not like you could just add a minute or two to the last two episodes of Islands.

That being said, I feel like Islands even in its less than stellar form was better than Stakes. I wasn't really feeling it at all and I feel like the only reason it was so popular is because Marceline is such a hyped character and she was finally getting focus again after a million years of doing nothing.

Elements was a self-contained adventure, that seemed like the point. Adventure Time is at its strongest when focusing on episodic plots with the overarching plot stuff weaving in and out in the background so it can have more impact when it takes the spotlight. That's what early AT was, and that's what elements was. They still dropped some plot hooks with Jake, Sweet Pea, and Betty at the end, so now it just comes down to not fucking it up like they did with Breezy and giving those events a follow through.

I agree, it's tricky, because you kind of need 'Whipple' to get that sense of adventure/voyaging in there. Ideally there would've been another episode at the end, but I'm still happy with what we got.

Stakes is less 'hype' than Islands, but I really enjoyed it. The humour was great, and I dug the exploration of Marceline's character and the themes of identity and destiny at play. Vamp King and Hierophant were awesome too.

>humor was great
It was meh

Whipple was whatever but it was absolutely needed to not make the world seem super small or have the characters look dumb

it would be pretty silly if the human islands were a 15 minute boat ride away from Ooo this entire time

S U B J E C T I V E

Though when it comes to humour, Elements wins out for sure.

Best mini series, island is a close second

I felt the arc was fun to watch, even if the story seemed thin.

This here, we love the adventure time story, but until these new arcs started being put out, that story didn't have to be long. Since we got bits and pieces every few episodes. Then a climatic episode or two.

they really should have set up LSP's being the solution better.

I feel like it was done decently well, they mentioned how LSP was immune like every episode until the end and it matches up with other parts of the show from the past (gem not going into the Enchiridion, her being able to bite people and turn them lumpy)

It's only a slight asspull and not a huge one, I found it decently clever

it was great

just when you think Ice King's life could be much worse

I'm glad the Ice King it's too naive to know what's happening, can you imagine Simon reacting to how much of a bitch Betty was? Christ.

Reminded me of early AT and was pretty funny. I loved it

>I-It's great again gaiz
Show is still garbage and Finn is still a cuck.

This. As much as I love when the series delves into more serious themes, it's refreshing to watch AT just trying to be fun.

Not as bad as Fangs, but not as that great to Islands. I would complain about all these miniseries, but I would accept these more than singlet filler garbage.

can't argue with that I suppose

do you think all the people living in the crown can see through ice kings eyes? like on a screen or something? I dunno might be interesting

I liked it. I'm not sure why PB was the alpha elemental at the end, though. I loved how each area had someone leaving due to generating and succumbing to one of the elements, except in the ice kingdom. That barbershop scene with Finn and Jake was a reminder on what I loved about the dynamic between the two. Really good to know Jake is really trying to be his best to be the older brother and keep Finn from losing himself, even though he has more than enough of his own family worries. Like when Finn got those cursed eyes, Jake really lived up to what Finn sees him as. It was sad seeing how without Jake, Finn didn't have an anchor to keep him from going into his sexy blood for the blood god fire mode, even though LSP tried.

I loved the fact he wore a suit in the later half of the mini.
Hope he wears it later, but doubt it.

Honestly I think It was poorly executed and mildly entertaining at best. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the lore and story line play out. but for something as catastrophic as losing every character to elements, it didn't feel like a "fate of the world" type deal. I'm curious to see how they conclude AT and just how many story archs they compleatly skip and forget.

Now that humans are now known and some may come back, what's gonna happen with race relations with pic related.

Further possible plot
>Jake the Ayy Lmao
>The Lich Returns
>Betty Deported to Mars
>Ice King losing a gem in his crown
>Lady only tolerates Finn, but other humans are fair game

Absolutely nothing. It would be a waste of an episode at this point. I'd be surprised if the humans got any significant screen time.

Sell me on adventure time Sup Forums. By all accounts it seems like something I'd like but the Tumblr and casual audience of it has turned me way off from it

(Mostly) All Adventure Time comics/Trades/Original Novels with a couple exceptions here:

mega.nz/#F!g8RA3a4J!ONkaQn9da6X3k4VwzSKoWQ

Pros
>Some pretty enjoyable characters, definitely my favorite cast of any toon currently running, VA's are very good
>Usually either decently funny or full on hilarious
>Incredibly inventive and creative setting that lets them do all sorts of plots
>Show expands and broadens its themes and plots in a nifty way as things progress

Cons
>Show goes from being off the wall wacky hi-jinks to more serious and relatively mature if you aren't into that stuff
>Drop the ball when it comes to plot/character development a number of times
>The way the characters talk is either charming or obnoxious and there's little inbetween, you either like the slang or you hate it
>Personally I'm not a fan of the art style (though the backgrounds are cool and some characters are well designed) and the animation is usually just acceptable and not good or impressive

Tried giving you a decently unbiased look at things though I love the show to bits. I think it's really worth your while, the first 3 seasons are some very competant, fun cartooning, this show brought Cartoon Network back for a reason.
If you want a decent example of what the show's like I'd recommend watching the episode titled Evicted! It's really good, gives you a feel for the main duo's relationship, introduces a fan favorite character and has a hell of a song.

>Watch Evicted!
You'll just make him more sad at what Marceline has become today

Shush boy, you gotta give them some good shit to reel em in first. If he likes the show he can get disappointed later.

I don't know, when Jake got taken out and Finn was giving up and when LSP was the only one left to save the day I felt there was pretty good tension.

Obviously they were gonna fix things but I was very unsure how they would do that and it had me invested.

Also, in the comics Finn can apparently revert back to his teenage years by eating some special ghost youth juice stuff. He stayed alive from before the Mushroom War until Ooo time with it.

that looks like some silly shit

The staff from the show could learn a thing or two from the comics.

Like how Finn actually looks older at 18 for one.

I like how the comics revealed that Finn's Davey persona was actually one of his past lives.

That design though, barf. Why can't anyone involved in AT create a nice looking older Finn design that doesn't look like he went from being midget Bruce Banner to the fucking Hulk, it's like it's impossible for him to just get a little taller with broader shoulders without turning into a Liefeld drawing.

Well, if you were also to have a life of constant workout and escapade you ought to develop some real fucking muscle over time.

Elements was good overall, but when Finn was being surrounded by the candy horde, something switched in my head and suddenly everything went from creepy to downright stupid and trivial. I can't tell if that entire part with PB, her growing powers, and ironic cheerful song was supposed to be a sincere effort at making things seem dire, but it didn't work at all.

>Shush boy
What a faggot.