Did you like it?

Did you like it?

Ok-ish

I did.

No

Honestly no

Sam Rockwell is a terrible actor

mega plox

i haven't seen it yet and i didn't like it.
my opinion matters

I did, didn't agree with some of the characters' motivations and thought that Hedges was underutilized but it's very solid. Rockwell and McDormand deserve their Oscars (haven't seen the Hawkin's, Ronan's, and Dafoe's films yet so it's easy to say) Best ensemble so far and probably favorite movie this year.

A lot. In my opinion it's a top 5 movie of this decade so far and the best I've seen since Nightcrawler.

Screener's out already? Ah sweet

Yeah, I had minor issues too with the characters. Still, this was top 5 movies this year.

It had it's own tone which was great.

Yeah, the tone was consistent and I can't say that anything that the characters do feel out of character, I just thought some parts could have been approached differently.

The tone is specifically what bugged me, social and political grandstanding mixed with humor and melodrama. It just didn't sit well with me, but I don't really like that director and thats kind of his thing so I guess I should've known better

>Woman protagonist
Pass

Yeah I agree with. Some things I found a little off. Like example that scene where Mildreds ex-husband threw the table across the room and Robbie instantly came to the rescue and held the knife on his throat.

Little things like that were a little too extravagant.

> the best I've seen since Nightcrawler
So it's confirmed shit, then. I mean it looks pretentious and plebby as fuck from the poster and title alone.

fuck no

I can see how someone could find the tone off-putting.

I think this is that kinda flick you either like or hate.

I actually didn't have a problem with that part but they really glossed over the fact that John Hawkes was abusing them. I didn't like the sheriff's wife's dialogue, everything she said was so out of place, not to mention the Australian accent. Dinklage's character also could have used a better ending.

None of these take away from the quality of the movie's main story, though.

That part bothered me to too, and then a few seconds later the dumb girl comes in for comic relief. It was kind of jarring in a bad way

Yeah, it really was one of those "what the fuck were they thinking" kind of moments.

And why the hell Mac's mom were in the movie?

It was literally the same character.

Bump

I was like that too but I laughed by the end on how weird it was. I laughed like I did during The Room.

He's great!

U gay?

tonally flawed

Maybe. Still enjoyed it very much.

The plot devolved at the end like most movies. Ill summarize some points.
Bad parts:
>muh rape and we wuz
>"I hope you get raped" *proceeds to get raped
>every actor basically plays their typecast role
>cops never arrest anyone for their crimes(maybe thats the point of the movie idk)
>peter dinkladge character had no purpose
>violence has no tension and just escalates immediately
Good parts:
>sort of felt original
>looked good
>violence was at least brutally fun
>liked the sentiments of woodys speech
>didnt necessarily take a position(maybe it did)
>still liked the acting even if it was predictable
>interesting story

really good movie. I like that it NEVER and by that i mean absolutely NEVER does what you expect it will do. You can come up with all sorts of programmed bullshit cause you have been fed all these recycled hollywood meme plots over the years but this movie really surprises you and always keeps you guessing what happens next.
I don't really care about all the bitter incels complaining about 'SJW' shit because its integrated very well and satirical. Its a black comedy after all. I guess some of you brainlets really reach the limits of your reasoning while watching this movie lol.

what do you think of woody harrelson's body of work Sup Forums?

Fantastic movie, fuck the plebs. Tackles SJW issues in a totally non-SJW way.