ITT we try to explain the mouses motivations

My theory is that they didn't want anything to be able to compete with their marvel brand, so they bought the Titan that is Star Wars before anyone else thought to do it and are out to completely demolish the brand ala fantastic four. Then they will cast aside it's corpse when their certain of its unprofitability and realocate their resources to their precious capeshit

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/kathleen-kennedy-hollywood-producer
comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/24/star-wars-the-last-jedi-week-to-week-box-office-drop/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what do you mean, their motivation is maximum profit

please free the world of your autism and kill yourself immediately

I doubt they're putting much money into Star Wars, they're making a profit sure but not what any of us expected it to be

All they had to do was adapt a good EU story if they wanted maximum profit

Never assume malice if incompetence is a plausible answer. Kathleen Kennedy was hand-picked by Lucas, and since Disney doesn't understand Star Wars, they just assumed she can handle the franchise.
TFA and R1 were commercially succesful, and Kathleen will be probably sacked and replaced by another suit for TLJ.

This goes beyond incompetence

Why?

>Kathleen Kennedy was hand-picked by Lucas

u wot m8?

This is the same woman who immediately dismissed all Lucas ideas and treated him like shit enough that he's been sulking about "white slavers" ever since.

I cant fit enough brackets into one post but just trust me when I say it was all the brackets.

>u wot m8?
user, please do some research before posting. Just because she's a bitch doesn't mean Lucas didn't pick her, probably against his better judgement.
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/kathleen-kennedy-hollywood-producer

>probably against his better judgement.

Well I think this is the key part. He thought she was someone he could work with and she promised him creative influence and then shat on him.

The way you said it makes it seem like Lucas and her see eye to eye somehow and they clearly don't. Kathleen gives zero shits about Lucas opinions.

>huge profit-oriented corporations don't cater to my hurt feefees

>probably against his better judgement.

probably to please Steven and Frank too

My friend they're losing fucking fortunes compared to what they COULD be making

God why does nobody have Sup Forums filenames anymore? So much reddit. I mark down on an envelop every poster using non-Sup Forums images and every month it grows and grows. I'm incredulous. Maybe this is why Sup Forums hates political incorrectness now and demands we follow the political correctness march of reddit.

That's not a Sup Forums filename you fucking ingrate. It's a random number generator utilized on many sites besides Sup Forums. Fucking dumb anime avatarfag.

>profit-oriented
>not catering to people's feefees
pick one. if people don't like their product, people won't consume it.

Do not stirr up troubles: be consensual
Make money
Get people hooked
No bad publicity
Use same old formulas

Yeah they obviously let johnson have more control in response to criticms to TFA. Too many things were already in motion for them to fine tweak this one besides add shit like porg. They gave someone more control and it didn't pay off

$

you're a fucking moron

I'll explain: the feefees of a handful of deplorable salt-right cunts on Sup Forums are not exactly representative of the general populace.

AAA blockbusters are getting more and more expensive to create, so film studios will do anything to get as many people to see them as possible, and the easiest way to do that is casting people who represent minorities hitherto underrepresented. In other ways, prepare to see an all black and yellow Star Wars.

Oh, but it pisses of Strong White Myn who don't Need no Womans? No, it doesn't. They'll see Star Wars regardless because it's Star Wars. It's become part of their identity by this point. So studios don't need to care about them.

It's not a control issue, it's a Disney policy issue. All this shit began at the writing stage, long before principal photography of any of the nuwars. Pic related.

How many times do we have to go through this?
Do you think it's just a (((coincidence))) that every white male on the Good side is either dead, or an extra, every leader on the Good side is a female, and every character on the evil side is a white male, other than one white female?

I'll give you that the plot holes, hyperspace ramming, et cetera, could be due to incompetence, but the diversity shit was done on purpose.

/thread

white people care more about their fucking mass media franchises than their race

and you paid to watch it. you are the problem

>but the diversity shit was done on purpose.
No fucking shit, welcome to every major corporation post 2010.

Yeah but you retarded newfaggots still posting with imgur, and phoneposting image files not the ones from Sup Forums. Phoneposter, reddit, they are all just trash who think this is their stomping ground where they can post their shitty baw_bunny and img files. Just look at ths post quality within this thread. This is the power of reddit phoneposters, Just go t r/Sup Forums where you can partake in epic memes without ruining it for everybody else. You faggots are cheeto dust, it takes 5 minutes to post your image and resave it but you fags don't even do that anymore because you know you are the majority now, you are safe. Fucking reddit

>comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/24/star-wars-the-last-jedi-week-to-week-box-office-drop/
>largest 1st week to 2nd week income lost in history
Clearly it isn't about profits, retard. It's about pushing the narrative.

When secular jews with a lot of money start moralising, they produce the exact SJW trash that the force awakens and its add campaign was.

believe or not the mouse isn't perfect
i know you're probably underage but theyve had plenty of flops over the years and I dont think its part of some master plan

There aren't enough of us anymore bro. The normalfag cancer won't go away unless hiro prevent's all phoneposters from making posts or something.
Enjoy your Sup Forums where memes never cycle or get old and all "oc" is just some lazy edit of an old meme you are already sick of fucking seeing.

Oh of course, it's all those cultural Marxists teaming up with Disney Corp.

You racists really are dumb

Just look at Sony led by Amy Pascal to find your answer. Mostly Rampant feminist sexism and incompetence at the top echelons . They were rubbing their hands over the prospect of turn GB into a cinematic universe with countless sequals and merch for the decades to come and killed it because they didn't understand the appeal. They simply didn't understand.

Star Wars is from a writing point of view, a dying universe. 6 movies showed us that being force sensitive means nothing without training: luke might have been good at wheelies but that would have been it without a master jedi. Same for anakin. Now Disney wants to create a new universe, but there are no jedi around, and they cannot use the same formula: rey needs to be able to compete with fully trained jedi so that others in later movies might as well, and it wont be out of canon.

TFA catered to nostalgia and attempted some kind of open story
TLJ removed the canon and was supposed to let you forget about the past and open up to rian johnson upcoming new trilogy (daisy rider wont be there forever after all)

It was worse than that, for years, ghost busters fans were outright saying they didnt want a sequeal. Then when sony said "what if its all female this time?!" and they responded with no again, they went on a fucking retarded add campaign where they tried to shame people into seeing it. every press junket was them saying "if you dont want to see this movie, then you are a fucking manchild sexist creep!"

>T.disney paid shill
No one said anything about cultural marxists.
You paid shills are so dumb.

Inb4 idris elba as Batman. in b4 charlize theron bond as bond. Theres no need to rehash 20yr old movies with poc, gays and wimmen, because the youth of today have no memory of those movies.they are deliberatly mocking people.