Reminder that people didn't like this movie when it came out either...

Reminder that people didn't like this movie when it came out either. They thought the tone and theme were too different to the first one. They also complained that the story was all over the place, with nothing actually happening. I can only imagine what would happen if it was released in this age, where every kid and dog is obsessed with watching "theory videos" and making reddit threads. Only for their precious headcanon to be thrown in the garbage.

“No!”

Critics didn’t like it but audiences did. Almost like... reverse pottery.

How did you know it was mixed, what was the audience RT or metcritic score?

Is this revisionist history?

I saw this in the theatres when it came out. On reflection me and my friends enjoyed the broader strokes of the film - The assault on Hoth got re-enacted daily in the school playground and the AT AT Walker was one of the most desirable toys to have that Christmas.

I was probably a bit to young to appreciate the significance of Luke's training on Dagobah, although I recall the scene in the cave freaking me out.

Daily reminder that everyone who says that audiences were divided by Empire Strikes Back are lying shills are likely weren't even conceived when it was in theaters.

shill

are you surprise?

Trying to rewrite our history

>The assault on Hoth got re-enacted daily in the school playground and the AT AT Walker was one of the most desirable toys to have that Christmas.

Absolutely this.

Critics didn't like it when it came out. It was a hit with audiences instantly. Nice try but it's a different phenomenon than Last Jedi

this shilling is below even Tameme's level, Rian

>Reminder that people didn't like this movie when it came out either.

You are right the critics didnt but the fans did

I'm an old old fag.

If I made a movie about you 2 anons Id name it "oldass fags talking about some gay shit nobody cares about" lmao

>retarded shill born in 1999 tries to convince people who saw TESB in 1980 that it wasn't liked when it came out
The Last Jedi is reaching new levels of shill damage control

nah. we fucking loved that shit. atats, boba fett, cloud city, i am your father, etc. shit was so cash. endlessly reenacted in playgrounds and backyards everywhere. i challenge you to find children on a playground anywhere reenacting anything from NuWars.

Empire strikes back was actually a bold movie with intelligent themes and characters that grow. This all seems to be lost in modern film with the goal of political agendas, keeping people laughing and flashing lights.

It's funny watching trolls and shills for the mouse try to mimic Snyderbros and fail so miserably. They lack the same thing Disney's movies do:

Heart and sincerity.

What makes it even funnier is that none of them seem to have found the allegorical component present in the film, along with its rather insulting message for old fans. The level of hypocrisy it implies is rather staggering.

Is this the mouse's newest plan? Try to make shit up about ESB?

Which one of us will be played by Idris Elba?

They've been doing this for like a week and a half.

> People complain about filler in TLJ
> ESB is like 30% composed of Han and Chewie repairing Falcon, complaining about its poor state and every else complaining about the ship

Eight year old like all the star wars movies. That's not really an argument over how the public reacted to it - we re-enacted Battle for Naboo after the phantom menace, and knew of nothing better.

it's funny how the only defense people can come up with for TLJ is "the originals suck too/are worse!"

Reminder that TLJ is shit and ESB is actually a good film.

>Reminder that people didn't like this movie when it came out either

BULLSHIT! ABSOLUTE BS! Audences loved ESB but they were shocked by it's reveal. Learn to nuance bitch.
I was a kid but I member. I will not stand for this Jewish revisionist spin you piece of shit.
Kids were literally fighting for the toys in supermarkets because they were so sought after. Do you see anyone fighting for a porg or a kylo ren mask? Even Lego sales have gone down since TFA's release.

Fuck you and your pathetic attempt at damage control

except they don't like this one. toy sales are in the dirt. repeat viewers are a fraction of TFA. there's just no appeal to the target demographic. KK tried to force a shift and all she got were loudmouth "do as I say, not as I do" SJW virtue signallers to climb on board.

Actually critics were mixed about it but the audience ate it up.

Yes. Soon they will try to convince everyone the original trilogy was never that good to begin with.

>Actually Star Wars '77 was a really big flop.

Cliffhangers setup by ESB:
>Han captured and frozen
>Luke found out his dad is his Darth Vader

Cliffhangers setup by TLJ:
>Ben Solo now controls the First Order
>Rey's parents are irrelevant to the story
>Rebellion is now down to only some 50 people

Tell me which film has a better setup for the finale

this is the plan companies do to offset the negative response their product is getting. i mean, have you seen the credits in modern movies? there's certainly a lot of potential shillers in those credits alone to lurk on Sup Forums

TLJ

I watched it at release day and people came out of the cinema shouting and going crazy with the reveal.
This one people came out with the "WTF did I just watch" face

your funny user

Empire Strikes Back was a good film though. The Last Shitlord was a steaming pile of shit. Fuck off

you tell me brah

Remember the reply for all shill threads:

Go back to the clubhouse, Mouseketeer!

Reminder that people didn't like this movie when it came out either. They thought the tone and theme were too different to the first one. They also complained that the story was all over the place, with nothing actually happening. I can only imagine what would happen if it was released in this age, where every kid and dog is obsessed with watching "theory videos" and making reddit threads. Only for their precious headcanon to be thrown in the garbage.

Nigger Reddit was around back then.

>Thomas Edison
>Nikola Tesla no where in site
this is the true crime

Nu Star Wars is one of those modern movies for teen like Twilight, Hunger Games or Maze Runner. They got ride of all the adults and it's focused on teenagers (the chink, the nog, the cunt and the edge) plus a gentle matriarcal figure (Cocaine Organa) and a cool manchild (Po).
The Suprem Leader of the Galactic Empire is now an angry teenager. I can't wait for Rey and Ken'O to go full Twilight.
The Last Jedi is just "The Empire Strike Back: Teenage Edition".

And? It happened once so it has to happen again?

people hated that playstation 2 game for a reason.

So you're defending a shitty movie by saying peoples opinions don't matter and that everyone is wrong about not liking TLJ? Face it shill. Sometimes people dislike a movie because it's a sloppily and poorly made cashgrab.

>From the series: Things that never happened.

Empire Strikes Back is overrated and A New Hope is the best Star Wars film.

But that is true. It doesn't matter if the new one is worse

this

No, user, it's that people didn't like this movie when it came out either. They thought the tone and theme were too different to the first one. They also complained that the story was all over the place, with nothing actually happening. I can only imagine what would happen if it was released in this age, where every kid and dog is obsessed with watching "theory videos" and making reddit threads. Only for their precious headcanon to be thrown in the garbage.

this

reditors say otherwise

The Rotten Tomatoes score of reviews from 1980 is 52%, and it only made 60% as much as Star Wars did.

>critics were honest in the past

Einstein was German.

his success and his alliance certainly wasn't with Germany, though

I had a toy AT-ST and my friend had an AT-AT, the thing was up to my waist, I was jelly as fuck, luckily so was he so I'd get mum to drive me over to his place and we'd swap

I got the Kenner Falcon for christmas, that was fucking 1982 and its still the best thing I've ever got. We were crazy for ESB.

Bullshit. The only thing people didn't like about this film was that they would have to wait until the next movie to find out if Vader really was Luke's father.

But that's not dislike of the film; it's quite the opposite. The audience wanted more and was impatient.

kill yourself shill rat

Why the fuck do you post an image of a steaming pile of shit

>60% as much as Star Wars did.
Oh, ESB made 60% of ANH in their respective theatrical runs? Source?

>Reminder that people didn't like this movie when it came out either.
Millennials are rewriting history to suit their needs ROFLMAO

The internet was full of theories about the Matrix movies how old are you? The matrix sequels were bad then and they’re bad now

Are your parents brother and sister?

>Oh, ESB made 60% of ANH in their respective theatrical runs? Source?
afaik this is true. some user posted their box office results in ~2016 dollars and it had a massive decline from ANH to ESB

But are those life time grosses or the initial runs?
It's not a fair comparison either way, ANH was a way bigger "event" in cinematic history than TFA.

>Tesla was born in Croatia while Edison was all-American
>Tesla's greatest contributions to science was a coil that is only for show and a current that was admittedly safer than DC
>Meanwhile Edison and his team created some of the most important technology in history
There is no crime here, user

you say this, yet Einstein is also listed on that search