The Young Pope

WTF, just found out this yesterday
news.avclub.com/the-young-pope-is-dead-all-hail-the-new-pope-1798261961
So what, are they abandoning the story established in the first season and starting a completely new series about a different pope? Wish they'd continue it, because it's kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/enKrZ8CTvcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if it's still Sorrentino, it'll be fine. I just hope he doesn't just make the same show again, which is what his filmography sometimes feels like.

so he actually died in the last episode?

Is our boy Voiello finally going to become the pope?

No way. Gutierez will be pope next.

>Gutierez will be pope next

WATCH IT, GUTIERREZ.

Maybe Sorrentino will continue off of this universe established?

I really hope so.
Otherwise I would really like to see his aesthetic take on a Renaissance pope. Julius II for example.

Still not as fat as Higuain

Anything about the Papacy before modern times would be comfy

I want Sorrentino's Pope Cinematic Universe

>endless stream of shows about old men kissing babies

With an epic showdown in the inevitable crossover event in the fifth installment where all the popes fight rap battles in Latin.

>Variety announced today that Young Pope auteur Paolo Sorrentino is developing not a sequel or continuation, but a followup, entitled The New Pope.

Unironically what did he mean by this?

Probably will be about some reform pope. I wouldn't put it past him that he would remake vatiican ii but this time with one pope and the series would be about the old guard, the hippie younger cardinals and the cautious conservatives fighting it out how and what should be changed.
Also this time the pope doesn't die halfway through and the reforms are not 'overdone'.

i cried multiple times watching this series

Me too. It just feels true. Sorrentino can do that with pure aesthetics.

Was it rape?

We un ironically need Jude Law as our Pope

Tomasso.

Amen to that.
How do we get him there though?

We already have him in place. We just have to stop the Jesuits from beating him out by shilling their cucked muslim-tolerant politics.

Just hope it's not about Pope Joan

That part always confuses me. How did the Jesuits get to the point where they actually no longer protect the faith but rather an other?
I didn't know about Cardinal Sarah but he seems to be a good candidate. Altough he too is running out of time.

>tfw you will live to see an African Pope call a Tenth Crusade to liberate Western Europe from the control of the European Caliphate, a call which will be answered by hundreds of thousands of Catholic Chinamen

Are we in the best timeline or what

I still believe this is just a ruse to hype up the sequel that's going to secretly star Jude Law as Lenny. Kind of what Lenny was talking about when he said all great influencers cultivate an air of mystery around them.

That would be based
That would be based aswell

Pious was too much of a traditional pope. They need a pozzed commie like Francis

You do realize that Catholic Chinese do not see the Vatican as legitimate, right? As in, the entirety of the Vatican as a whole, not just Post Vatican II. Chinese Catholics see the CCP as the ultimate authority on doctrine and theology and the Vatican as an imposter.

lmao what the fuck is their problem?

>allies with Trump, Putin and the Orthodox church to retake Constantinople

How would he have died? He passed out like before.

Also did he ever get his 41%

>Chinese Catholics see the CCP as the ultimate authority on doctrine and theology and the Vatican as an imposter.

41%? What did I forget

Half or two-thirds of the laity are associated with the Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association. The rest are true catholics living in persecution.

You niggers didn't even understand what the fuck happened in the show?
He basically acted the opposite of how he wanted to act until the very last.

youtu.be/enKrZ8CTvcw

Can’t believe this isn’t a meme

>retake

Keep trying faggot Ottoman's will knock loose your jaws buddy

B-B-BABY DROP

Pls be the case Lenny was best pope

How would you go about memeing that?

I just finished episode 3. Any kino scholars willing to answer a few questions from a brainlet? (Preferably without spoiling anything)

Why did Lenny pass out when he first met Esther?

What did the following exchange mean? (Between Esther and her husband)
>husband: you don’t love me
>Esther: yes I do
>husband: sex has its own rules

Finally, why does Esther seem to be really strict about sex for the purpose of procreation only, but is having an affair with the priest guy?

They’re doing a great job taking the holy land from Israel

Because she's a woman.

Later Lenny adresses that to her, keep watching.