Titans #11 Storytime

The Lazarus Contract part one!

wish priest could write the whole thing t b h

Thanks been waiting on this one, only problem is I have to buy 2 issues of Teen Titans.

Woo!

>Shooting the flashes

Sure, Slade, sure.

Worked on Bart's knee.

I'm going to miss blind idiot Deathstroke. Trying to act all cool and running face first into a wall

It's okay, we're getting superhero Deathstroke soon

Has Deathstroke remembered the previous continuity in his dream?

well that would be wrong since Grant messed with the team during the New Teen Titans Era

>Eat pizza fish

Ive never had a good one of those.

>Where's Wally

kek

>Joker was here
>Savitar is faster
>Booth rapmund

This is lame. I need a good explanation from Sup Forums for my head cannon.

Why would he? We still don't know how Grant died in Rebirth, it was Joe who got his throat slit

rebirth is the same as the new 52 though

Why use an old story-line as backdrop for a cross-over if you're going to change the events of the story-line?

Well this is technically canon to this universe. It's just weird he remembers since the entire world was made to forget about the Teen Titans.

He's remembering wrong, though, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Did they seriously job Wally OFF SCREEN? Jesus.

it seems like everyones memories are all fucked up but very few people have noticed. wasn't there an issue where batman could remember the golden age and catwoman could remember post-crisis?

>Deathstroke, Ravager and H.I.V.E retconned to original Teen Titans villains, not new teen Titans villains
Makes sense considering Titans history is complicated. Beast Boy and Starfire were Titans at some point but not cyborg so that makes New Teen Titans era complicated. If DC wants to continue their boner of Cyborg always being league, New Teen Titans era could still exist with Beast Boy and Starfire on team. I dunno, any sugestions? Also, first page
>What is Pizza Fish?

Sup Forums fought me saying this would be good.

>Just Omen
I know it's her name but didn't she used to just go by Lillith?

Superman Reborn just made turned the New 52 version of Justice League's origin non-canon. If Cyborg is still a founding member, he must be over 30 now.

Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven were no longer Titans anymore. They've never been a part of this crew and weren't involved in any of the NTT stuff they're reinserting.

oh shit . . . . . . .

Beast Boy only became a Titan during Tim's era.

Starfire was never a Titan.

>Her face

lol

Alright I'm gonna say it.
Dick has been replaced by Wally as Slade go to boi pucci, I mean look at that bond age gear

This a complete butchering of the continuity and the worst aspect of it? The new canon they're coming up to replace the old one isn't any better and is only making things confusing because readers are much more accustomed with the old one.

Seriously, why reference the Judas Contract if you're going to change bits and pieces of it, practically making the story non-canon in large parts?

Next week in Teen Titans:
>“THE LAZARUS CONTRACT” part two! The Teen Titans collide with the Titans after both groups are targeted by the World’s Deadliest Assassin—Deathstroke! But when Robin interrogates Nightwing about his history with Deathstroke, dark secrets are revealed and alliances are broken!

Because Rebirth is a mess.

His face is retarded.

Didn't Teen Titans Rebirth change that?
Fair point I didn't consider

>Didn't Teen Titans Rebirth change that?

Howso? It made them even younger, so they couldn't have ever been part of the OG Titans.

I feel for Garth there. Somehow those looks they gave him feel personally familiar.

They were younger but iirc it was implied they had a prior history with the Titans. Now that I think about, they probably did just retcon Beast Boy from being red and shit to being normal and being in Tim's team. But Raven can still de-age herself at any moment and I'm pretty sure Dick and Kori's prior relationship was mentioned at some point in Rebirth.

>HIS FUCKING FACE

Fuck, I am laffin

Ok, these random inserts of Pizza Fish is starting to piss me off.

It was mentioned that Dick and Starfire were a thing, but not if she ever was a Titan.

Beast Boy and Raven became Titans during Tim's leadership.

All the changes brought forth by New 52 are still canon. That means that all the Scott Lobdell awful Teen Titans runs are canon.

The only thing Rebirth added was the original Titans back into history, but they're changing heavily their canon making a bunch of new things.

Basically, if readers thought that Rebirth would undo the shitty New 52 Teen Titans continuity, they are wrong.

No its not you contrarian faggot.

>worlds deadliest assassin
That's a bit of a misnomer. What about ras or shiva or any of those sorts?

I'm surprised Garth didn't suggest that somehow punching something would bring him back.

AYO HOL UP

SO YOUSE SAYIN'

*SMACKS LIPS*

YOUSE WALLY WEST AN SHEIT?

Their prior history was purely Tim's team, yes. They're way, way too young now to be part of Dick's team even if Dick and Starfire had sex at some point. That's why they used the "Starfire ages slowly" bullshit to explain it away.

No since they're wearing the New 52 versions of their classic costumes. It's probably just one of Rebirth's continuity changes.

>That means that all the Scott Lobdell awful Teen Titans runs are canon.

You say that but they butchered Omen/Lilith Clay in that book and just glossed over it for Titans/Titans Hunt. They could've done the same thing with Raven but chose not to.

Ra's and Shiva are leaders of secret shadow cults, despite also being assassins. They're not exclusively for-hire assassins like Slade. They have their own ideals and goals and shit.

Teen Titans since Rebirth has been really good though.

Ra's al-Ghul isn't really an assassin in the sense that most people talk about; he's really a cult leader, basically.
And while he does HAVE assassins in his League of Assassins, they actually aren't for hire in any way at all, they just kill for his vague agenda.
Shiva's a straight-up assassin, though admittedly she seems to rarely go for contracts that aren't at least "interesting" for her or present some challenge, so it's possible that Slade simply has a higher body count, especially since he's only sort of an assassin and seems like he'll take money to do just about any kind of job potentially involving violence.

Who says that it changed that origin just because Superman got his classic continuity back? It just changed the five year timeline which was stupid anyway.

Exactly.
Ra's isn't really "for hire", he's got an agenda. nuShiva too I guess, but her shit is even vaguer then Ra's plans. I guess that's what happens when you chuck long-term characterization in favor of "I dunno, stuff happens?" in terms of writing and backstory.

Yeah? Only read the first few issues and wasn't for me, I might check it out if its as good as you said. Thanks.

>This a complete butchering of the continuity
How? It's making literally everything canon. It just looks messy now because characters still don't really understand what's going on.

then why would he know to find wally? in everyone elses minds didnt wally just pop in to existence a couple of months ago?

Wait is wintergreen the person who donated their corneas to give slade his sight or is the colourist on this issue just made wintergreens eyes really pale

It doesn't make everything canon. Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire were no longer part of the NTT.

Assuming there even WAS and NTT.
You know, I'd honestly use the members of Gen13 for the NTT along with the old members; that way you're actually doing something with them at least.

Plus, it'd be funny if Dick fucked Fairchild.

As far as we're concerned New Teen Titans era in Rebirth didn't even have any new members. Or did they retcon Hawk, Dove, Gnarrk, Lillith (maybe she was founding I can't remember), Bumblee and or Guardian to being NTT?

we are about to witness
a nigger moment

Yes it does and yes they were.

Everything Pre-52 and Pre-Crisis happened on the same world with the same characters. It's just they had their memories and world fucked with and turned into the next version of the DCU.

This shit has been made abundantly clear throughout a bunch of Rebirth series.

Booth has outright said to the contrary. They're retelling the NTT stories like Judas Contract without the full NTT cast. Because they want Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy to be young enough to be in Damian's Teen Titans team.

Gen 13 was garbage. Why in the world would you shove them into the Titans and fabricate it as if they were friends for a long time? That'd be awful.

The Justice League was founded before Supermans death, before Jon was born, so 10 years ago.

Booth has zero say in the matter. What's gone on and been said in other books proves it. Did you not read the Button?

Booth is so bad at faces.

user you are literally going out and finding out of story interviews contradicting what is happening in the stories that you don't like so that you can find something to get mad about.

Booth just made it so right in this fucking issue.

You can see Grant dying there and instead of Cyborg, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy being around, you've Lilith who back then had already fucked off from the team.

This comic literally changed the past while referencing it.

HYPE

Gen 13 fans literally care about nothing but their dicks.

Two questions. :One, since I haven't been following flash, aren't both wallies accepted now? Isn't there a famous panel where flash says "wally" help me and both wallies come to his rescue? Doesn't negro flash know the other flash?

And two: Last deathstroke ended with etienne killed, rose and slade beaten up and jericho standing.
Now, slade and rose is in the hospital, jericho too. I assume who took down jericho and etienne will be revealed at a later date. But it feels a bit weird to have the crossover at this moment. Slade never mentioned grant so far, where's this whole deal coming from? When will we learn of the transition?

The vast majority of the Teen Titans is garbage too, as you are no doubt aware. In fact, this is true of almost every superhero comic and character who are still in current usage in existence.

There's no such thing as a bad idea, just an unimaginative idea or an average idea with shit execution. Gen13 had a very shit execution, but so did most of the material Teen Titans have been in. Never scrap an idea just because it didn't work when an untalented idiot tried to do it, because you could give an idiot a million dollars and he'd find ways to fuck that up for himself and everyone too, as it is his nature to ruin things with his idiocy.
Besides, if what had happened to Harley Quinn and they're trying to make happen to Killer Frost is any indication, you need literally nothing of substance at all to actually make a character popular enough that they become semi-well-known and popular in the comics community, you just need to shriek their name loudly enough and long enough that the rubes actually start buying shit.

But this issue just confirmed what the user posted.

See Slade's flashback. It was supposed to be the NTT era team there. They're not in the flashback. Lilith wasn't supposed to be in the flashback either.

Plus:
Gun Holster is gonna be used more often.
Slade priotirizing his family.

Con:
Everything else, specially the dialogue.

So we know how this ends: Rose, Jericho and the other kids see Slade do something "good", by failing he understands he can't change the past and stops being "Deathstroke".
They convince him to do good with his powers because they know that he can at least try to do it and act as his moral compass.

Alright DC you can ship Priest's book earlier now.

Did you read this issue? Where it shoes Ravager vs the Titans but no Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire or Cyborg?

Booth's the one drawing it. He is aware of the future plot points and if they would include the full NTT cast. He doesn't have a say, he does have information.

Show me anything that contradicts the idea that the Raven/BB/Starfire/Cyborg part of the NTT cast were ever part of this Titans group. The best we have is that Starfire and Dick Grayson boned, which doesn't mean much.

You mean the dream sequence? That's your rock solid proof? Someone's dream doesn't line up correctly?

It's kinda funny how Lilith is retroactively their Raven and they just seen to have given her more physucslly useful psychic or magic powers rather then her fairly non-actiony precognition.

But your idea of forcing a vastly different crew into the HISTORY of another crew sounds ridiculous. What are you going to do, do a massive series of flashback comics? To pretend, oh yeah, Gen 13 was TOTALLY part of the DC universe this whole time?

It's a stupid idea.