Are you ashamed of your obsession with cartoons and comics when other people your age have grown out of them a long...

Are you ashamed of your obsession with cartoons and comics when other people your age have grown out of them a long time ago...?

I'm not insecure about my 'maturity'. The concept of "maturity'' is a spook

No, my comic book collection makes me happy because it took me a long time to have it.
If people think I'm immature for collecting something that makes me feel good, then that's their problem.

If you're so ashamed of collecting comic books just call them """graphic novels"""

There's plenty adults who watch cartoons and read comics. They just don't make autistic posts and sperg out about it or pretend they're special because of it like you.

Everyone has silly stuff they enjoy. I'm no more ashamed of liking comics than other people are of liking sports or soap operas. We all have things which are objectively absurd but which are harmless fun. To feel shame over something like that betrays a terrible insecurity and weakness of character.

Nah, mate. Even when I was a kid I was the only weirdo who read comics, so nothing's really changed. If anything, my casual friends regularly turn to me for extra info on comic book movies, which unfortunately has made me more popular than I was as a kid for doing the same exact thing.

I'm only ashamed that I don't have an actual career or position of significance related to talking about cartoons.

but don't you feel a least a little bit ashamed once you realize that this medium is largely directed towards little kids and most adults either aren't interested or loathe cartoons specifically for their immaturity...?

I had some teen mom make fun of me once because she saw me reading Shonen Jump in the grocery store magazine aisle. I guess because she popped out a baby, that suddenly made her more mature than a 28 year old man.

I know a lot of adults who openly admit to watch cartoons. Comics are actually cool now since the capeshit movies hit.

I live alone, i'm not ashamed of nothing i ever did

>other people your age have grown out of them a long time ago
Nigga pls, all my age group does is chase our childhoods.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Whatever happened to that?

People realised that acting grownup all the time is boring and that old people are often annoying as fuck.

Not really. "Muh childhood" nostalgiafagging is a trend.

Which IS childish but not in the same way.

The fuck are you talking about, OP? People watch adult cartoons and capeshit movies like Rick & Morty and Marlel all the time now, hell, the quirky nerd personality is the new fad amongst normies despite how cancerous and overplayed it is.

Whyvwould I be ashamed about watching cartoons and reading comics? I mean, I'm ashamed to have a furry husbando and that I visit Paheal sometimes, but not about media made for the general public.

No, because the people I associate with have similar interests to me.

That's not what im talking about at all though.
Casually watching family guy or rick & morty is not an obsession.
Learn 2 read

>other people your age
get lost, normie

Please, normies watch shows like Adventure Time and TMNT 2012 as well, they just don't bother finding anything better since they're tasteless like that.

Also, just because we have a more diverse taste than them, it doesn't mean we should be ashamed about this. Be ashamed about schlicking or jacking off to toons, not watching them.

Old people go on about how everything was better in their time, it's not a trend it's how everything always was. People always bitch about younger generations but in reality very little changes.

>but don't you feel a least a little bit ashamed once you realize that this medium is largely directed towards little kids and most adults either aren't interested or loathe cartoons specifically for their immaturity...?
Well, I don't really watch cartoons, except when I'm with my nephew, and it's not because I feel bad about it, but simply because most of them just aren't very good.
There are plenty of grown up comics you can read though, I tend to read those most of the time, and some superhero stuff when I just want light entertainment.

again, youre missing the point

Now it's time to realize that acting like a kid when you're a grownup is fucking stupid.

Okay, what's your point then?

reread the OP then begone

And who decided that watching cartoons=acting like a kid? Kids cry, throw fits when they don't get what they want and have little concept of social norms and responsibility, there's plenty of adults like that who don't watch cartoons, and watching something that is considered for kids, and I don't know if you're aware but there's plenty of adult oriented cartoons, doesn't cause any of those. Being an adult is realising that you can have almost any hobby you want and nobody actually gives a fuck.

Most of the media people consume is childish in its own way.
As long as there are adults who watch sports, reality TV, horror movies, action-comedy blockbusters or read shit like Hunger Games, I don't really feel like I'm making the immature choice here.

Besides most normie dudes I've met seem to think cape comics are cool. Thanks MCU.

For I am not ashamed of my cartoons of choice, for they are cartoons given to people of all ages, to children first, but also to the adult.

Obsessing over anything is lame, regardless of the object of obsession.

No one my age or your age stopped watching cartoons, because surprise surprise, normies are watching toons as well.

Goddamn, you're an autist, why do I have to hammer this in a million times?

No. Why would I?

I would if I were a fucking faggot.

This is objectively false

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

I'm a profissional animator and artist.

I know how to make it sound fascinating and glamorous, basically turned my entire military family into cartoon fans.

I also get paid more than my parents together.

The only thing that they complain is that I stay too much time awake at night.

Why? Because it doesn't satisfy your obsession with looking pathetic over the dumbest shit imaginable?

No, being into comics and cartoons can almost be a badge of honor these days.

Now, me having thousands of dollars worth of action figures, THAT is something that I usually have to hide away from the public in shame. It's a pretty fucked up world we live in where a normie can look at pic related and think negatively about the adult that owns it.

Also, if you don't have the Select destroyer, go out and get it.

Grown men wear clothes with other grown men's names on them and have emotional responses to sports (I'm one of them). Grown women either watch or complain incessantly about the Kardashians daily. Actual adults watch shows like Empire, or Gossip Girl or whatever pregnant teen show MTV has on.

And you're worried about liking Sup Forums material.

Why the fuck would I be embarrassed of reading?

yfw you work in either industry

>"Hey, user, do you know who [character from after credits of a Marvel movie] is?"

It's just a thing I like. Women your age probably like shitty romance shows.

>And who decided that watching cartoons=acting like a kid?
Not me. I was replying to
>People realised that acting grownup all the time is boring and that old people are often annoying as fuck.

No I'm ashamed of myself not my hobbies/interests. I'm aware there are perfectly respectable members of society who like nerdshit. More intensively than myself even. But I'm impulsively ashamed of everything I like regardless of how nerdy or mainstream it is as a mechanism of guarding myself

Shit was meant for

I'm a decent artist, so it kind of feels less embarrassing for me to enjoy cartoons still.

Although, I do find it weird that there are adults here into cartoons obsessively, but don't have the will to practice art.

But that's the point, a typical old person claims that watching cartoons, or having any sort of fun that isn't old boring people approved is childish and immature. You can be a successful adult with family and responsibilities and there will be people who will claim you're immature because you enjoy something like cartoons. It becomes slightly less common because of how prevalent it is on the internet, since almost everyone below certain age has some contact with it, but it hasn't reached al age groups. There's plenty of people who are now in their 40s who realised that it's bullshit but the older you pick the more likely is that they will bitch at you for not doing exactly what they think is appropriate for your age.

I've literally brought an old man to question his life choices by pointing out sports were at least as silly as comics. He was the type that wore the jersey of a specific player whenever the team played, spent hundreds on tickets. And he thought he was being more mature than someone buying a comic book.

Legitimately left him in silence at a kids birthday party when I noted he might as well pull the uniform on and cheer for the little assholes playing wiffle in the back yard.

An old man who loves Terry Bradshaw is no different from an old man that loves batman. The only difference is the batman fan probably saved thousands of dollars and his hero is still active outside of desk work and shingles ads.

user, nobody reads. Most folks fail out of college or graduate with a C average and never open a book volentarily ever again.
Any embarrassment you're feeling is that of the voluntary illiterate projected back upon you. You're embarrassed because they are. Talk to adults who don't read and get a load of their pathetic excuses.
"I read emails all day at work," is my personal favorite.

You can't convince everyone. But fortunately there seems to be a bit less people who think they know what everyone around should do with their lives if only because nobody seems to know.

Look, my point is simple. You said "acting like a grownup is boring", it isn't if you're a grownup. If you think that way, it's because you're childish and that's not a positive thing.
Now, it doesn't mean you can't watch cartoons or read comics in your free time. Maybe you can get some enjoyment out of them adn that's more power to you, but you were talking about "acting like", and my point is that you should act like what you are. If you find yourself acting like a kid, but you shouldn't be a kid anymore, then it might be the time to grow the fuck up.

Knowing some cartoons and comics has always been acceptable. These days with Millennials they took it a step further. They actively still watch cartoons and read comics, it's not socially acceptable but done anyway.

More or less. But it's not as if I hadn't given up on myself a long time ago.

I meant that old peoples idea of acting like grownup is boring.

Funny thing, too, is that I felt bad. I actually saw it in his face of thinking "this shit is childish." And that wasn't really the intent. It was more of a "of course I like childish shit, we all do and we all should."

I love sports, I love comics, but I recognize both are inherently childish. It just kills me that ever since I was a kid the "jock" friends I had really thought they were mature because they collected cards (kids used to do this) or practiced more than another kid or remembered stats. At the end of the day a kid reading comics is wasting the same time as a kid playing/watching sports. But at least the comics prepare him for the sedentary life he'll likely be forced to lead.

>being this pathetic
God fucking damnit Sup Forums, you disgust me. I'm even telling to people that I'm shitposting here (not here especially, but "at forums" about cartoons and co-releated stuff. Girls having good laugh. They're asking me about recommendations for animated shows etc. I think I accidently forced girl to think that GotG2 is utter trash which is truth.

No, I don't give a shit what other people think.

Think of it this way, he sabotages his own happiness. If he doesn't think he's allowed to enjoy something he did for so long and that so many other people do just because it can be considered childish it's entirely his own problem.

>I had some teen mom make fun of me
Tell her she's a drain on society and you're supporting the economy if even incrementally.

No.
Any other normie questions?

sometimes, because I live in shitty country. thank god for internet, or I'd kill myself years ago

>Telling anyone you post on Sup Forums.
How can someone like you call anyone pathetic?

That's the thing, kiddo. If you're "ashamed" and scared that people will laugh at you because of this - you're pathetic. People find it extraordinary for some reason that's all. They're shitposting on facebook about much less interesting things, so who the hell cares where you spend your time in internet.

no

those "other people" are into "childish" obsessions like soccer and Christmas. They're as bad as I am, in their own way

really, it's all just a matter of preference

>and most adults either aren't interested or loathe cartoons specifically for their immaturity...?
Then they clearly aren't mature adults are they?
A big part of being an adult is accepting the opinions of other people.

>Calling an anonymous person kiddo
>Still thinks he can call people pathetic

>being ashamed of posting here
>being scared that friends will mock him
>s-stop! I'm not p-pathetic at all!

People like you are why Sup Forums has so much newfag cancer now. You seem to be barely capable of writing in English too.

More proof you're pathetic.

When did anyone say they were scared of anything? When did I say I was ashamed of anything?

Your defensiveness is pretty pathetic. Your mock disgust in a place you aren't ashamed of is pretty pathetic. Acting superior to anyone in an anonymous forum is pretty pathetic.

That's because I'm not a native speaker, you idiot. Also
>newfag cancer
>Implying Sup Forums wasn't cancerous for years
top lel.
N-no you!
Nice one, mate.

>Lashing out at every response
>Not responding to the points raised
>Deflecting like a faggot

Yup, pathetic.

>still being this mad because someone called you pathetic on Sup Forums

And yet it used to be possible to have a normal discussion without people who think every board is Sup Forums or people sperging out about tumblr in a most random and irrelevant to the conversation way. I never said anything about English being your native language, just that you're shit at it.

Well, don't know about you, but I have pretty good discussions in DC threads and storytimes. Maybe you should calm down and stop being this elitist fag.

no. lots of people do it and many don't care if you do as long as you look like a well adjusted person

Which part of what I said makes you think I'm not calm? If you can't see the constant spam then you're either part of the problem or have very limited interests.

I'm closing in on 30 and don't give a shit, if anything I'm getting more into cartoons now

A while back I started to write fanfiction, even, my family knows and my mother seems to think it's a stepping stone towards creative writing and is excited.

I also made my friend watch Yuri on Ice and though she made some "what the hell it's this" type jokes she liked it and we ended up going to the figure skating world championships together.

I'm planning to start buying some more comics too and I really love slightly surreal illustrations in kids' books.

I don't have the time in this life to not do something I greatly enjoy just because of what others might think. Some people relax through watching reality tv and I relax with cartoons

I'm early 20's and I have friends in their mid 30's who still read comics, watch cartoons, and go to conventions while still having good jobs and long term relationships

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about

Well, I'm interested in DC universe and few animated shows and cartoons. Also threads about comic sales are hilarious, since people are fighting each other like it their personal company wars. Just learn to ignore unnecessary crap, that's all.

>this medium is largely directed towards little kids
In the USA, sure, but there's a lot of more mature stuff or stuff that combines the childish aspects with enough thoughtful stuff that it's fine. Besides frankly I'd love to see animation as a medium she'd the bullshit "it's only for kids" stigma that imo hooks the entire field back, and that'll never happen if even the fans of it keep repeating the "it's only for kids" mantra

While I think the faggot you're responding to is a faggot acting like Sup Forumsmblr was the default is just as dumb.

You faggots were just shit on less. But nobody ever appreciated faggots being faggots around here.

You line about tumblr being brought up randomly is just as valid about Sup Forums being brought up randomly. Tumblr=faggot, Sup Forums=person who says faggot. Both are just phrases used to put a name to the type of people someone doesn't like.

Realistically faggots and trannys come to Sup Forums because faggots and trannies seem to think comics are a safe space simply because this place tolerates faggots who like MLP and SU. Sup Forumssters flock here because they thought Sup Forums was where edgy posters belong.

Neither should feel at home here. But both seem to want to bitch at the other one.

TL;DR
Sup Forumsmblr faggots are just as bad as Sup Forumssters. If you disagree from either side you're probably part of the problem.

So, a teenager was being an idiot and trying to feel superior by shitting on others. That's what fucking teenagers do user, why are you questioning your own maturity because of what someone who literally is immature said?

Nobody said anything about Sup Forumsmblr, people making up shit just to spew buzzwords isn't new but it's slowly starting to make any conversation difficult. And in most cases it's idiots seeing tumblr everywhere.

Comics are pretty much the only "nerd" thing I've never been able to get into. Comic movies as well.

>teen mom trying to feel good about her BF not being able to pull out at a crucial moment
That really got to you?

>or people sperging out about tumblr in a most random and irrelevant to the conversation way
that's bringing up Sup Forumsmblr.

And when someone is being told to go to Sup Forums for talking about politics presented in a comic then they have every right to sperg about Sup Forumsmblr.

But they almost never talk about the comic politics, they just spam buzzwords and talk about real world. And while I'm sure Sup Forums has it's share of SJWs most posts like that are painfully obvious bait. But as soon as the bait is planted any thread it was in immediately devolves and stops being about whatever it was about. And no, I don't think Sup Forums has right to sperg about Sup Forumsmblr seeing as most of them only comes here to shit place up without having any interest in discussion and is obviously underage. Those people are just as out of place here as tumblr. If you think every board is just the same thing with different flavor of excuse to post the same overdone Sup Forums memes you saw on reddit, well then you can go fuck off there, or to tumblr. Either way people are supposed to be here to discuss cartoons and comics and those people make it very difficult, while SJWs or people pretending to be them are far easier to blow off because there's far less of them and they give up fast.

Have you MET other people our age?

not really. it's honestly a pretty chill and mostly harmless hobby to have

>Those people are just as out of place here as tumblr. If you think every board is just the same thing with different flavor of excuse to post the same overdone Sup Forums memes you saw on reddit, well then you can go fuck off there, or to tumblr

>TL;DR
>Sup Forumsmblr faggots are just as bad as Sup Forumssters. If you disagree from either side you're probably part of the problem.

Retards like you are the problem, in all honesty.

When you ise the comic as an execuse to post on Sup Forums about politics, then you should definitely go back to Sup Forums. It's never about anything but the politics are you're full if shit to say otherwise

You say this while you're on this website. Maybe it's about striking a balance and behaving appropriately when needed, hmm?

No

>doing the exact same but repeating the word "pathetic" ad nauseum

Liking cartoons and comics doesn't mean you have to be act like a retard about it,

The only time when I feel ashamed of my interest in cartoons and other childish things is when I'm worried the escapism of it all has prevented me from getting a job or moving forward in life ect.

As long as your interests keep you happy without putting a blockade on living your life, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

If you can't talk about the politics of a comic directly confronting them you're the problem. Regardless of the political opinion and regardless of how you feel about that opinion.

>It's never
is dubious enough but

>It's never about anything but the politics
supersedes that by being completely fucking stupid. If someone wants to discuss the politics of Captain America right now they should absolutely do so here. Not on Sup Forums. Because theoretically more people on Sup Forums should be able to discuss the comic than more people on Sup Forums. Just because you don't like the subject matter doesn't mean it isn't Sup Forums related. Otherwise this board would strictly be about the execution of comics and cartoons rather than the comics or cartoons themselves.

In other words, if someone wants to talk about rocket power, they don't have to fuck off to Sup Forums just because it's about action sports. so it follows that someone posting about captain america doesn't have to fuck off just because it's about politics at the moment.

The problem lies in the faggots that have to take bait, which has always been a problem, from either side. Somebody saying drumpfkins is going to get a response. just as someone saying lock her up is going to get a response. but someone voicing displeasure with how the politics of captain america because they feel it is disingenuous is absolutely entitled to that. Sup Forums can't tell you how they feel about the comic, no should they be asked to. They aren't the comic and cartoon board. That belongs on Sup Forums as much as Sup Forums movies do (even if they shit the board up more than anything) because it isn't Sup Forums's job to know a thing about comics and they should do nothing but look down their noses at most comic book movies. If anything Sup Forums shat Sup Forums and Sup Forums up because they were told to leave here rather than take space away from Steven Universe and whatever other CN cartoon is the flavor of the month.

being immature and childlike has to do with your personality, not your hobbies or taste.

No, all I have to do when I want to feel mature is get on Sup Forums and think, "Well, at least I don't make asinine frogpost feels threads."

I agree.
Although some people in this boards will go full Sup Forums over their cartoons and head canons.

You mean people who want to discuss cartoons and not take part in a shitfest? We sure are.

>who want to discuss cartoons

Then stay the fuck out of comic threads. The shit has gotten political.

I'll repost what I said above:

>In other words, if someone wants to talk about rocket power, they don't have to fuck off to Sup Forums just because it's about action sports. so it follows that someone posting about captain america doesn't have to fuck off just because it's about politics at the moment.

If you want to discuss you faggy little cartoons fine. To be quite honest I wish you faggots had a cartoon containment board. But stay the fuck out of a Cap thread then. It's going to touch on politics. Because the fucking book does.