Would a movie about Darth Bane be good if handled correctly? Would it even succeed on the market?

Would a movie about Darth Bane be good if handled correctly? Would it even succeed on the market?

Handled correctly, it could be big.

Bane?

Inb4 big guy memes.

If it was faithful to the books, it would be the best Star wars media ever besides the OT. It would do horribly in the box office though. It's not a le rebel vs evil empire story and has an unlikable protagonist.

Is it time to start the Force Fire?

If handled correctly, yes. But it never will be.

Bane?

Bane?

>*starts darkside forest fire*
>*kills all the Sith, with no survivor*

Maybe the first book could be translated well. Adapting the later novels would prob be unnecessary.
On a more serious note, I would pleasantly suprised if Disney decided to adapt it. Darth Bane's story features no characters we've ever met on screen and stars a certified villain. A villain thats trying to destroy the other villains.
I doubt it would ever happen though. Disney seems to only want to play it safe with star wars which is why we have yet to see a truly beloved star wars film since the originals.

He's also a big guy.

If handled by Rian Johnson yes

darth Vader and the emperor are the worst villain in the Star Wars Universe.
Any other darth or sith lord or even random guy (Thrawn) are more interesting.

The memes would make it fucking unwatchable.

Considering he was the retard that introduced the rule of two instead of rebuilding the true empire as it was under Marka Ragnosof which according to the OT let to the end of the Sith since both Master as well as apprentice died, I'd say it's right up Disney's ally. Incapable imbecilic villains who are complete and utter failures are their bread and butter..

If handled right it would be the pinnacle of kino. But Disney would never do that. Half the story is he murdering people in rather brutal ways. The other half is him brooding on murder and philosophizing about how to murder. It would never be greenlit.

Sadly true. But only if you disregard the EU and book content on Sidious. Vader is true though.

Literally everything went according to Bane's Master Plan until Sheev fucked it up by enjoying torturing Skywalker too much.

This. He should have find a more subtle way to deal with him. Or rather just lock him up for a few hours until he blows the rebels to pieces then work some sith magic on him.

The rule of 2 is perfect of followed. Sheev abandoned it to look for eternal life and never instilled in Vader the need to kill him and take over.

Bane literally had fuck all to do with that because he was long dead. And If I remember correctly it didn't go according to plan because he wanted to replace Vader with Luke because of the literally retarded rule of two.

I'll never understand why so many fucks idolize this imbecile when his only claim to fame is being the only one left alive after the war. He became Lord of the Sith because he literally was the only one, he wasn't shit when there were more than just him around, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Bane killed all the Sith and took over, he didn't just survive.

No it isn't, establishing or conquering an empire is perfect being a cockroach waiting for centuries under a rock ruling over fungi and then stealing one for some decades before being vanquished is fucking pathetic.

Only if he's played by Tom Hardy.

Like fuck he did. He took over when all his betters were dead after the defeat in the war.

>muh empire!

When you have multiple Sith, they eventually gang up and kill the strongest then in fight until only the weakest remain. This happened to literally every Sith emperor.

Bane's arc makes for an easy trilogy, it was one of the best things written in the old EU

Movie 1: Covers his ascension, starts off with him in the Sith infantry, his relationship with his dad and how he ended up joining the Sith is explained in either brief flashbacks or just verbally, climaxes with the thought bomb, ends with him telling Zannah to meet him on Dxun

Movie 2: Covers him putting on the mask, training Zannah, climaxes with the fight in the fortress, ends on Ambria after the thing with Davorit works and Zannah saves Bane

Movie 3: Covers him getting older, the dark side taking its toll, his adventures to Darth Zombie's world to learn the secret of essence transfer and Zannah's search for a shadow hand. Climaxes with the duel between Bane and Zannah, ends with Zannah taking Cognus as her apprentice. I'd like a little scene with her going to talk to the spirit of Thon on Ambria.

Zannah is a very interesting character, moreso than Bane imo because it's constantly shown that she's got a soft spot despite being incredibly ruthless at times, how she trained the Neek and felt bad when Bane killed it, how she maimed Davorit to save him, how she saved Bane (she says cause she wants more training, but it's easy to see that she's attached to him).

He killed them with the thought bomb, dumbass.

You clearly haven't read about anything before Bane. Marka Ragnos is even mentioned ITT and there are many more examples of a unified empire under his predecessors as well as successors.

It could be terrific but Disney with Star Wars in its current hands would fuck it up if they ever got around to adapting it.

The only thing going for it inline with Disney’s vision is that Bane takes on a female apprentice.

Oh so you haven't even read about the bitch-ass character you idolize, well that's my queue then.

That would be awesome. But he would just HMMMHMMHMMH through the movie wich is a problem since bane is meant to impart some real wisdom on us.
Bane realized that frontal assault would most likely not work. I agree that the idea of a sith empire like in TOR is seriously appealing. But the Sith doctrine would result in serious infighting just like in any of the games/novels where half the empire's resources are caught up with the sith playing natural selection. Adter the death of ragnos there was nearly a civil war that was only averted temporarily.
The Rule of Two was a too to maintain stability and establish a clear focus of conflict. The drawback was that they had to downsize to two. The underhanded tactics are a result of the small numbers. not cowardice.

And what happened to Ragnos and the others like Exar Kun? Betrayed by their underlings or brought down by infighting while the old republic remains intact.

Wrong

No. Kathleen Kennedy's femteam handle Star Wars now and wouldn't allow the tale of an ominous leading male with enough power to brain hemorrhage an entire planet of Force users.

They might be happy with the story of Zannah, but I don't think their writing team is competent enough to do it justice.

Not canon anymore. Wookipedia says he just survived the Jedi. Time to let go of the past, shit bird.

Bane?

>That would be awesome
No it wouldn't. It was a joke you redditor hack

>Disney making Star Wars movies about literal whos to the audience
It's not going to happen, same with Old Republic.

Remember that the whole point of the Sith thing is individual strength and willpower. By having tonnes of shit Sith running around they eventually all gang up to kill the strongest, weakining the Sith.

While Palpatine's deviation from the rule of two does ironically fall in line perfectlt with the Sith way, i.e. make your own code and bend reality to your will by virtue of being the best. Sidious grew weak and complacent by lack of conflict, he purposely held his apprentice back, killed his master in his sleep sacrificing power and the chance to prove dominance and relied on the strength of others. Which is what lead to the downfall of the Sith

Read the books. Bane is piratically described as Bane from Batman with a fucking lightsaber.
All you have to do is get him pumped up give him two black eyes a machete and tell him to chop stuns up with it.

All the camera tricks and 200 million dollar budget for manlet shoes in the world aren't going to make Tom Hardy look 6'6

It would have to be rated R and I doubt Disney would allow a rated R Star Wars movie to be made.
Which sucks because one of the best parts of the first book is when Bane kills some children while poisoned to stay alive.

The title of Sith lord meant nothing at the time because power had become so diluted from Kaan's brotherhood of friendship that Bane simply force-choked one of his former teachers and manipulated the rest into nuking themselves. Bane made the title mean something again.

Who could play him then?
I would say Mark Strong. but he is still not 6'6.

and that female apprentice will be a totally overpowered mary sue who will turn out to be good and make bane see the light. also she is a scientist and a programmer too

some of the shit she does is a little much for disney, like murdering that family and stealing their ship

Nathan Jones has the look, but i know he can't really act beyond a thug. Idk, I'm sure there's someone.

a star wars movie is like a COD game, it will always make a heap of money.
Banes story is definitely worth a film and I'll definitely go see it, but I wouldn't expect a Disney darth bane movie to be anything but garbage

Fuck, I forgot. Rory McCann could pull it off.

The movie would almost have to be Rated R, would Disney allow that?

He'd have to be a pretty big guy.

He would be good.
Also maybe Batista.

Batista would be a good choice, it's almost his Blade Runner character. Contracts aside, Momoa could pull it off too if he was willing to shave himself.

If I pulled that off would you die?

While not 6’6, Strong is easily tall enough to pull of Darth Bane, and is a fantastic actor too

Agreed. One of these should play him.
Now the other question: who should plan Zannah who could be taken seriously and not just as fap-material?

Millie Bobby Brown could pull it off

Hard to pick her because I don't pay much attention to actresses, but id want someone beautiful but with sharp, dark features. Like Sophia Boutella or something.

I agree. Someone like her. I propose Noomi Rapace for Zannah. With some good makeup she is legit terrifying.

She'd be good, she has an athletic body too. The academy parts would be very cool to see and people's would get their first look at a bunch of Jedi vs a bunch of Sith in a jungle warfare environment. Like the KOTOR short movies.

The training scenes at the academy would be fantastic. The fighting in the jungle would be the most R rated scenes in SW history to date if they made it properly.

Is there anyone else we should cast?

Gary Oldman for Khan, he'd play the role of a manipulator perfectly. Might be a bit old though. What about Hoth?

Fuck, I just did this mission after 3 years, and I never noticed this.

Oldman would be great.
I think Kurt Russel would be a great Hoth.

How did Mace Windu know about the Rule of Two when the Sith had gone into hiding since it had been established?

Inconsistent writing, but the in world explanation is someone spilled the beans about the reformed Sith to Yoda before episode 1. I forget who.
I'd be down for that, especially with a Plisken eyepatch.

There was some padawan who has fallen and was temporarily a sith apprentice some time after bane. He died from his injuries and is testimony of the sith still being around was dismissed as bullshit until maul got chopped up and since he wasn't a fallen jedi it became pretty obvious that he was saying the truth.

Is the Valley of the Jedi still canon? Or is that another Dark Forces plot point they'll give to Rebels or another stand alone film that sorta kinda changes a protag's name?

I've though alot about how a Darth Bane and I think it woulf work perfetly as a trilogy.
Movie 1: Don't advertise it as a sith movie, but rather as a rags to riches story.
Advertise it as war based focusing on the soldiers instead of the sith and jedi. Show Bane's childhood, his youth on the mines, and then his time in the military. Show how him how he ascended in the military until tha Battle where he gets "court marshalled". The twist at the end would be Bane not being jailed but rather joining the sith directly.
Movie 2: His academy days all the way to the though bomb. Start with Bane thinking he understood the sith and then end the movie with him truely understanding the sith.
Movie 3: 20 year timeskip, and then an adaptation of book 3. Skip book 2 as it wouldn't resonate that well with casual audiences. Utilize flashbacks of Zatanna's past to highlight her conflict about killing Bane.

Zannah could be the first evil disney princess. Think about it.

In the Darth Plagueis book, Darth Tenebrous' master opens a tear in the force that acts like a dark force beacon for the jedi to sense so they get paranoid and go looking for him while they leave the Republic unattended. Not enough to find the sith but they now knew they were out there.

Sarevok?

book 2 is where literally all of zannah's character development is though

Of course!

Lol god I don't ever want see Sup Forums if they make a starshit film with the main character named fucking BANE

In a lot of ways Book 2 is better if only because it builds on familiar Sith structure that we know through master/apprentice.

Bane's rise is a fun story but I think story hits its stride in book 2

FUCK YES. That would redeem everything. They must have Darth Zhannah of course. She should be played by Laura Vandervoort. Have Zack Snyder direct because his films are mind-meltingly gorgeous and he's great as long as he's doing an adaptation.

Laura Vandervoort is perfect for Zhannah.

I agree with this, plus the 2nd book has the showdown with the 5 Jedi and more Sith lore built into it.

Only one choice.

>Zannah mutilates her cousin and bestfriend, re-affirming her will to the dark side in a conscious, unforced choice even surprising Bane in her thoroughness.

>When Zannah executes johan after Bane is caught in his own force storm

Fiery pixie wizard for sdm(Single decapitated male)