How do you feel about this being a completely new Spider-Man mythos?

How do you feel about this being a completely new Spider-Man mythos?

>has the backing and lended mentorship of another major superhero from the getgo
>didn't spend years fending for himself
>new best friend
>new love interest
>younger Aunt May

The only carryover from the comics is Peter himself and a few of his villains.

>has the backing and lended mentorship of another major superhero from the getgo
>didn't spend years fending for himself

Which is why this feels weird to me. Tom is perfect as Spidey, but it doesn't feel like a "legitimate Spider-Man" to me.

its a bait and switch, hes clearly being written as ultimate spiderman. so they gonna kill peter after 2-3 films and run with miles for the next dozen including reboots

I'd be surprised if Uncle Ben gets anything larger than a namedrop or two.

He had FF mentorship back in the 60s
but they belong to Fox...

I dont like it.
I hate it.

I also dont like Tom, he's an unattractive manlet.
>He had FF mentorship back in the 60s
i wouldn't call that a mentorship. his on screen interactions with the FF weren't that big or important.

He's clearly going to get out from under Tony's shadow through the course of the film.
Hell, the trailer gives you the outline of the entire plot, the jackasses.

Fine. We already watched 2 movie franchises of the usual mythos already.

>He had FF mentorship back in the 60s
he trashed ff in the second chapter he appeared if people want to go all comic book it wont work because steven lee first 100 issues had spiderman as a mary sue. he only ever struggled as peter parker there.

it's a lot like ultimate spider-man except replace fury with stark

the supporting cast is all different but who cares

That seems unlikely considering they have him under contract for like 6 movies.

>ned leeds
>a fat south eastern guy
this bothers me more than it should

I hope the ending has him reject the Stark suit forever even after Stark gives it back.

They had the opportunity to make the perfect suit and they blew it

While I'm not opposed to new story or even origins, this movie feels like they just transplanted Miles onto Peter

Flash Thompson being essentially Mandark is worse.

This.

they are clearly pandering to the sjw kids with all this forced multicultural cast and corny ass jokes

He's baiting you.

This wasn't how I expected MCU Spider-Man would be but I don't blame them as much as Sony.

Sony kind of forced their hand to do stuff differently after two series.

>portray ganke lee in the movie
>call him ned leeds

for what fucking purpose? This is really annoying

fucking THIS

I don't mind peter being friends with ganke, but why call him ned leeds, for pete's sake

you know why and you wont like the answer.

It bothers me how they always try to make Spider-Man 'different' with every reboot instead of focusing on
y'know
making it good. making a definitive version.
They are using Vulture as the main antagonist here. Fucking Vulture. Why not Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus? Oh right those were already used, casuals will get too confused!

Also I want Garfield back

if it happens to deny bendis royalties I don;t care what the actual reason is

Can we fucking stop with the whole spider-man being in school shit? The Peter Parker everyone knows is fucking mid 20s, early 30s and has already been established as a hero. I'm tired of setting up this school shit which ultimately ends up being rebooted

kids = money money
adult peter = no self insert
adult audience = pirates → loss in revenue
therefore pander to kids and nu generation and fuck oldfags

It's shit. I want spider-verse now.

Tom Holland is under contract to play Spider-Man until at least daddy age

Pros

>Aunt May who is actually an AUNT and not an ancient ancestor
>Actor who is younger and looks like a kid rather than a 30 year old man or a Abercrombie and Fitch model.
>Poverty angle is played up
>Skipped over the origin story that's almost as well-known as Jesus Christ's.
>Debuted in a Captain America movie.

Cons

>Goes to some private science charter school and not a normal high school.
>Flash is some short, scrawny Indian kid and not a super blonde, tall Chad (I'm not an alt-right manbaby, but that does bug me). Why would Flash be there?

I've never read USM and probably never will just because so many faggots call it the definitive version of Spidey. The Spidey I grew up with wasn't a faggot in high school.

>The Spidey I grew up with wasn't a faggot in high school.
nigga what

>for pete's sake

eyyy

>Aunt May who is actually an AUNT and not an ancient ancestor
is pro? so fuck staying true to the comics origin?

None of the spider-man actors ever looked like models. They were all unconventional looking.

I give zero fucks about movie, game looks great though.

Adult Parker, best Parker.

>adult Parker best Parker

Fuck yeah

andrew garfield had the worst physic of all the spidermans. he was too skinny fat. now tom is much better and more similar to tobey

Exactly. He already knows how to use his powers, he's established in the city as a hero, and he has all his villains.

Pls no, I don't think I can handle that again.

He was the best at acting him though
it's just the movies he was in were not very good

Nothing wrong with Vulture. They still have plenty of unused supervillains that would be better than the same old shit we've seen before. Kraven, Mysterio, Carnage, Chameleon, Vermin, Morbius, Hammerhead, Tombstone maybe even something more recent like Mr Negative. The only one that needs to be redone is Venom. We don't NEED another Goblin

Seems like Peter was doing a little bit of stuff before Civil War, he's probably been doing it for about a year or so basically [spoilers]since at least the Terrigen outbreak from Agents of SHIELD kek[/spoiler]

Not interested in this movie at all.. It's supposed to be the "real" Spider-Man now that he's back and Marvel, but it's the furthest thing I've ever known this character to be