Thoughts? Will this be the best nu wars film or are we going to continue living in the worst timeline?

Thoughts? Will this be the best nu wars film or are we going to continue living in the worst timeline?

¿Has that been confirmed?

yes

Only if Kathleen Kennedy is removed and replaced with someone competent.

The latter

humm, no sweetie. That's not how you kill the past.

he will be deconstructed and shamed

Why is hollywood bying into the "one word title" meme

Because the full title will be "Kenobi: A Star Wars Story", so they need to keep it short.

I just can't think of a good story line for this. He didn't do much on Tatooine except meditate and make sure Luke didnt do anything stupid.

It will be an unnesecary piece of trash banking on nostalgia like Rogue One and probably Solo

Nothing is preventing him from leavling Tatooine for an adventure or two.

What about the fight with maul

I wonder what bullshit they're going to pull out of their ass to give Obi-Wan a conflict / plot
The only really important event that happened to him on Tatooine should be his Maul confrontation

Except his only purpose is to watch Luke so it wouldn't make sense for him to leave
Good point but they wouldn't cover that in the movie.

>Not "Ben Kenobi: A Star Wars Story"

The movie will be Luke Mr Magooing his way through life Tatooine and Obi-Wan killing assassins unbeknownst to Luke for 2 hours.

This would be pretty nice to see in live action

I hope Maul is the villain of the movie, I don't care about the cartoons.

We do not need to see a live action version of this though, it'd just be a colossal waste of time and effort

And only if Ewan McGregor is cast as Kenobi.

The latter.
>what is toxic masculinity
Sweetie

He is, thankfully

Hasn't been confirmed

I'd probably watch it, Ewan does a great Obiwan. The danger is that they'll try to turn it into some kind of subversion of the character, permanently staining Obiwan by making him edgy or grim and shitty. He's supposed to be an old but chivalrous and honorable knight sitting guard over the best hope for the future.

In other words a good male role model, which seems to be something Soy Wars goes out of it's way to exclude or taint.

Idk Sheev was a pretty gud role model.

this is all people want though user, shit they've seen before and "epic duels" even though it's never been what star wars is really about.

Then he better be, The mouse is literally in a critical point of no return, they keep going like this, for 2022 the mouse will try to stop bankruptcy by selling chemical weapons to terrorists to try to get audience, showing they're culturally diverse

Kathleen kennedy is committed to systematically destroying all White male heros in the franchise. Solo and Kenobi are fucked. Kenobi will be revealed to be gay and Solo wont be the protagonist in his own movie

There's already been some comics set during this time though I can't remember if it's Disney or if they were before but he's pretty broken during this time. He is keeping watch over Luke but has very little actual contact with him because Uncle Owen is constantly telling him to fuck off.

I remember the one I read he helps the Jawas with a sand people problem and says how it feels good to be helping people again but mostly he's just being an old hermit and watching Luke from a far. He wants to do more but feels he can't because he can't risk drawing attention to himself/Luke and isn't really sure what the right thing to do is. He has no concrete plans for training Luke which I'm sure will piss people off if they keep it that way even though it's pretty clear in the OT Obi/Yoda did not have much of a plan.

An interesting possibility about the film is how Obi-Wan will have to maintain his cover to avoid the Empire's attention. Which means he would have to be discrete about the way he uses his force powers and his Lightsaber.

In that case Chew and Lando would be even better, because atleast the guy casted as Lando seems more appropriate that Spielberg's foreskin that acts as solo

Kenobi already canonically had a female love interest.

this sounds great

Obi-Wan's GF in TCW was the stupidest shit in the entire show
They literally copy-pasted another Padme character just for Obi-Wan to fuck

>Obi Wan goes through a space heroin phase (Deathsticks? Spice?) while living in the slums of tatooine, this is why everyone thinks of him as a crazy old man despite knowing exactly who he is from the prequels. But then again, from their perspective they could have thought he was a crazy mofo even then, which is why they had little problem taking the baby from him

obi wan solo movie directed by riley stearns
starring NOT ewan mcgregor

no

*should

>Kenobi spends his time communicating with Qui-gon and contemplating his failure to protect the Republic
>See's Luke grow up from a distance, possibly learning to fly his T-16, at which he is an obvious prodigy, although he is wasting all his potential working on a moisture farm.
>Generally a miserable existence on a miserable backwater planet
>The Empire decides to expand their Outer Rim presence and puts a Garrison near Mos Eisley; although their presence will be small in the story.
>Main plot revolves around an alcoholic Imperial commander shitting up Hutt operations on Tatooine, the Hutts getting royally pissed and have the Imperial officer abducted, taken to the desert, and killed by sand people.
>The Empire sets bounties on the Hutt bosses, bringing several notorious bounty hunters to Tatooine (NOT BOBA FETT).
>They begin to genocide the sand people and kill 2 no-name Hutts.
>Sand people chimpout and start attacking moisture farmers on the outskirts of Mos Eisley
>Knowing what happened to Shimi Skywalker, Kenobi is forced to act to protect Luke.
>Kenobi first works to drive the Sand people away and back into the desert. He uses the force to summon a Krayt dragon and scare the sand people away and convince them to avoid Kenobi forever.
>The bounty hunters show up and kill the dragon among the dune sea, (The skeleton we see C3P0 and R2-D2 walk by in ANH)
>Kenobi flees the bounty hunters and is sheltered by minor crime boss, Jabba the Hutt.
>Jabba promises Kenobi that he will help quiet things down and fairly rule over organized crime on Tatooine
>Kenobi allies with him, final scene is him pulling out his saber, killing the bounty hunters and returning to his shitty hut in the mountains, not having affected anything transferring control to another crime boss, and weakening the Imperial Garrison.
Kenobi never decides he wants to help the Rebellion or do anything. He doesn't change at the end. He is jaded and washed up. It takes Luke to change his mind

This

I'll believe they are making a movie with a prequel actor as lead when it's confirmed.

>Obi helping Jabba

that's pretty...bold

and kind of dumb

something Rian would come up with

The Star Wars Clone Wars movie had a plot revolving around retrieving Jabba the Hut's stolen son or something like that.

They already used Ewan's voice in TFA, doesn't seem like a huge stretch if he was up for it and his age fit the script

they're going to sell so many toys, even fanboy outrage won't stop them

>Sup Forumsfags are so dumb they think the movies will ever acknowledge their cartoons
lmao

It's not like the movies ever looked to side material like kids shows and comic books and took shit from that

Mew has to be part of this film.

If McGregor isn't cast I am done. His Obi-wan was the best thing to come out of the prequels. The only span of Kenobi's life that is unexplored is his time on Tatooine, so Ewan is literally the perfect age. If they cast anyone other than him I am done and I will riot. I will go to Disney World and tip over some fucking chairs. I will stand around the Toy Story characters and yell "Andy is coming" for hours on end until the actors bake in the hot Florida sun. I will send a mouse bomb to Disney HQ and laugh as their offices are plagued. They better not fuck with me, or my man Obi-wan, or else I fuck with them. I hope they see this shit so that they know I am serious. You hear me Disney? Better watch out.

Disney stop raping star wars.

Remember when we said this to George?

Obi-wan movie gives them the chance to show a younger Luke, thus giving Disney another crack at the character. They will definitely do this.

>Inb4 mark in tight dresses acting like an autist while extremely young obi wan tries to correct him

Dewit

Sounds boring as fuck

I know this is b8, but Rebels is referenced multiple times in Easter eggs in Rogue One.

Owen and Beru have a fight when she catches him with a new Twi'lek slave.

An original character from the Clone Wars cartoon even showed up in RO I believe. Wouldn't surprise me if we got an Ahsoka or Asajj Ventress movie.

Alive action Ahsoka movie? Maybe, but isn't it implied that Vader offed her?

It's good man, the job will be as good as his, he's had some very light involvement already. They invited him in to dub a quick line in Rey's flashback in TFA, and I read that the only reason Yoda and not Ewan showed up in TLJ is because it was considered that it'd be weird seeing Hamill not interacting with Alec Guinness.

I hope Ewan McGregor has the balls to say NO to bullshit, and if he's man enough to step down if he feels they're going to butcher the character

Her fate at the current moment is ambiguous. But Dave Filoni himself has said she's alive.

ben kenobi spaghetti western about his early years on tatooine. you know it would be amazing if done well

Why is everybody acting like this is a certainty? When was it confirmed?

>Easter eggs
Embarrassing. Sup Forumsfags are pathetic and obsessed with pretending their "canon" cartoons and comics matter, lmao

>An original character from the Clone Wars cartoon even showed up in RO I believe. >Wouldn't surprise me if we got an Ahsoka or Asajj Ventress movie.
Jesus Chrsit. The stupidity of Sup Forumsfags never ceases to amaze me. Please stay in your containment board.

"...is he the chosen one?"
"he is, ...chosen to become a hermit for half his life, then astral project himself across half the galaxy and die for no reason so the franchise can be rebooted and be made worse"

what could even happen in this movie?

fucking Darth Maul?
is that even possible?

The whole point is that they never fucked. They both chose their duties over their own feelings. They were the opposite of Palme and Anakin.

I dig it.

No, it hasn't.

Are you fucking dense? Star Wars isn't just a movie franchise so of course there's going to be an intersectional discussion of the cartoons and where it fits into the new canon. And I don't see how the Idea of Ahsoka or Asajj getting a movie is such an outlandish idea, given how Feminist these movies are becoming. It makes sense that they would give these characters the spotlight at some point.

Goddam that shit is irredeemable. Motivates me to become a multibillionaire so I can buy Starwars and make those movies non canon.

He spent 19 years in the desert alone, what the fuck could possibly be interesting about that?

>Are you fucking dense? Star Wars isn't just a movie franchise so of course there's going to be an intersectional discussion of the cartoons and where it fits into the new canon.
Then take it to fucking Sup Forums if you want to talk about cartoons. And don't try to pull the bullshit that they matter to the films, because they have 0 affect on them, and this will never change.
You will never have an Old Republic film, much less a movie based around a cartoon character. Irrelevant background filler character is the best you can hope for, and even than anything from nuCanon won't even be mentioned about the character in the films.
Stay the fuck in Sup Forums

Not from a normie.

It is, but you will learn on your own when you grow up a bit.
Just remember character that originates in a cartoon, comic book, video, or novel will ever get their own movie.
Maybe I do have autism, because I struggle to comprehend how underage someone would have to think otherwise.

Well that's easy when your gf got killed

>that slightly greyed hair
>going to be two hours of Obi-Wan doing fuck all on Tatooine (unless they retcon him dedicating his life to watching over Luke)
>tfw you'll never get to see Obi-Wan and Anakin going on rad space adventures during their implied golden years between Ep I and II

a rated-R Kenobi movie shot sort of like Logan would be pretty cool. Maybe he's old and has to save some little kids from sand people or something.
Anyway, I'd rather just imagine a badass Kenobi movie than actually see the piece of shit disney actually releases.

The Cartoons are still TV Shows so it's still relevant to the discussion. If I were talking about the comics then that would be a different story. Interestingly enough, the sequel trilogy takes a lot of ideas and concepts from the EU (Which includes comics, Books, Video games Etc.). The Concept of Luke starting a Jedi Order was in the novels and the comics which was later used for the films. Rey herself is based on Han Solo's Daughter from the EU books (something that should be completely insignificant to the movies and the filmmaking process based on what you've claimed). Lucasfilm even said it themselves that they're going to pick and choose whatever they want from the books, comics, and cartoons. And since they intend to make a shitload of spin-off films it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to use a character who so far, only appeared in animated form. This is Disney we're talking about, who at the current moment, is making live-action remakes of all there classic animated films.

Not the same guy, dummy. But user is right. They already stated that in the future they're connecting cartoons and comics with the films. It's not like the MCU when they ignore the tv shows completely and have the tv shows work around the films. I bet you're one of those ass blasted faggots that lost their shit when it was announced that Saw was going to be in Rogue One.

>tfw you'll never get to see Obi-Wan and Anakin going on rad space adventures
yeah you do
go watch clone wars you retard
it's kino tv

I'm surprised they didn't make him black.

>Easter egg single mention of character from children's cartoon = possibility of a movie dedicated to that character
Sup Forumscksuckers really are the most autistic dense motherfuckers

We ARE in the worst timeline, the one where your mother didn't abort her spawn.

Kill yourself. Normalfags think maul died in tpm

>this is all people want though user,
Youre not people, faggot.

It's not even merely implied, there were literally a ton of books of Obi-Wan and Anakin going on rad space adventures between ep 1 and 2 that they could adapt into movies.

>The Cartoons are still TV Shows so it's still relevant to the discussion.
Nigger pls, read the rules. Cartoons go to Sup Forums, not Sup Forums
>The Concept of Luke starting a Jedi Order was in the novels and the comics which was later used for the films.
Other way around. NuCanon are not allowed to come up with anything, and anything the write has to be approved first.
>Rey herself is based on Han Solo's Daughter from the EU books
Wishful thinking.
> Lucasfilm even said it themselves that they're going to pick and choose whatever they want from the books, comics, and cartoons. And since they intend to make a shitload of spin-off films it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to use a character who so far, only appeared in animated form.
When it happens, feel free to laugh at me.

>They already stated that in the future they're connecting cartoons and comics with the films.
And they already have. The connection level we have now is the best you are going to get.
> It's not like the MCU when they ignore the tv shows completely and have the tv shows work around the films.
That's exactly how it works, and will continue to work.
>Saw
Did you notice how nothing from the Clone Wars was relevant to his role in the movie? Did you notice how they used an irrelevant one shot character to fill in the blank character in RO? I guarantee you that the character was written first, then they deiced they could link him with a cartoon character. And they used a completely irrelevant one (not to mention changing his eyes, race and accent) rather than someone from Rebels.

That's because the movies do not work around the cartoons. The cartoons work around the movies.
I don't know why Sup Forums is in such denial. You cartoon aren't really "canon" to the movies anymore than EU was canon to Lucas. They will never be able to affect the story of the movies, and it's mostly because it would be bad business to do so.

Is he being played by our favorite SCOTTISH COCKSUCKER

Will he be able to save it, Sup Forums?

You werent even born yet queer.

why is Darth Maul wearing a hoodie?

Only if he says his famous line.

No chance.

No, but he'll be able to make the mouse look incompetent, which is more than enough.

if that soy-soaked asshole Rian directs it FUCK NO

This isn't worst timeline... Yet.

But whatever this is, we will continue living it apparently.