I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show/

Wait is it live action.
I'm HYPE.

I knew killing those goats would work

>directly follows the 2012 film

SHOW ME YOUR DREDD FACES!

Excuse me what

Judge user was likely informed in the morning briefing.

I just got the e-mail. I don't even know where I signed up for this.
But I am hype. I hope they don't blow the casting.

This is something that would need to be on HBO or Showtime to work.

Urban's been on tv shows before. He was an android cop recently.

I am hype for sure, god i hope this works

Just got the update for this by email and I'm so glad to see there's already a thread for it.

THE READINESS OF MY BODY IS BEYOND WORDS.

ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show/

I have waited for so long to post this.

Not as bad as you would think. the 2012 film allows for familiar props that have already been designed and manufactured. plus with the setting being noticeably dark and gritty the studio can save money by putting most of the action in the back alley of some random studio.

me, personally; I'm hoping for at least one cameo of Stallone's "Dredd" somewhere. Maybe the face on the statue of Justice or perhaps the man himself as Chief Justice or former Chief Justice. Hell if they stick close to the source material they could even have Stallone be the original Judge that the system is based off of.

Also, please be aware that I have heard no rumors about Stallone being involved in this in any way shape or form; I just really want the Stallone dread to be acknowledged.

I AM THE ___

LAAUUGGGHH?!

YOHAVBETRYTHLAW

Those seemed like positive reactions.

Which is good because the film was awesome.

So is it going to be animated or live-action?

LA LOAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I kinda hope they get Karl Urban back to reprise Dredd.

RLLOAH

Drokk yeah!

10 years for making me smile, creeps.

he re-tweeted the announcement, so he is aware of it.
I'd like him back as well.

My problem is olivia thirlby has only recently done tv shows like goliath on amazon.

I doubt we'll get the full team back together.

>only 400 million people left in Megacity 1

So this is going to take place when Dredd is old, after all the catastrophes?

But where is this going to be shown? Netflix?

Judge Death when?

Antje Traue as Hershey WHEN?

What is the punishment for jerking off to a judge?

they better show up at some point

They said they want it to be an ensemble cast. This can let them do a lot of things and not require every "big" character at the same time. No need for Urban or Thirlby signed for every episode.

Best I can do, officer.

pls be animated

yeah it seems like it is like a "mega city stories" type thing

Please don't be NBC or CBS
Or ABC for that matter

What channel can do Dredd justice? FX?

HBO

HBO probably.

Nice

But what if...not? AMC?

FUTURE, WHERE MY EVIL IS RAW

IT'S HAPPENING

Such a shitty movie but at least it wasn't embarrassed but its source material, that's rare as fuck these days.

Things are looking good.

NO
Give it to SyFy

No one watches Shitfy, do you want the show to be cancelled?

>he doesn't watch Dark Matter or The Expanse
Shit taste
Also SyFy is the best home for Dredd, since the comic is pure science fiction

Its not the quality of the shows that makes SyFy bad its the tendency for them to cancel things when a series gets popular.

I doubt they would cancel it before at least 5 seasons.
Even though 5 seasons is more than enough for any TV show

Remember that trailer for Krypton?

LEY CARAMBA

I was going to say, 5 seasons of Dredd sounds more than enough
1st season establishing everything, 2nd season you lead up to the Dark Judges and have the second half be Necropolis, 3rd season is the rebuilding mixed with elements of the democracy arc, 4th season is a 24 style hunt for Total War, 5th season is mostly mop up of TW that ends with the finale episode being an adaptation of America

I cant wait for gays and none whites crying about oppression but in mega city 1

ITT: moments they have to recreate

I wonder how far they'll go down the silly scale... they mentioned some things, but will we see Boing!? Walter the Wobot? Dredd's landlady? The burger wars?
The comics eventually moved away from the totally crazy shit and started having people be responsible for the silliness. I hope they keep it at that level. Stuff like that ugly-face-trend, Dave the orangutan mayor, and that show where people could snitch on each other was fun, but also said a lot about how depraved and bored the citizens were. Just keep Dredd as the straight man through it all.

They'll definitely keep the social satire stuff about people being idiots latching onto dumb trends, or being happy to snitch one another live on TV so they can watch their neighbours get raided. Some of that shit is over 30 years old, and its only getting more relevant

>Some of that shit is over 30 years old, and its only getting more relevant

How much you wanna bet that people will be screaming "oh, just like Trump!" if they do an episode with Dave the orangutan?

The great thing I see about this seen is that you don't need Dread specifically to make the scene work. Any Judge will work.

>Just keep Judges as the straight men/women through it all.
Corrected that for you.

>DUDE Batman with GUNS so EPIC

Pic very related.
They already name-drop couch potatoes and professional hobbies in the video, so that gives us a good idea of what they'd be aiming at I think.

I can already see the Twittersphere getting all riled up over it, so quite a few people won't get it
It will only get worse if they do an episode that heavily features the border wall and the mutants in the Cursed Earth

KARL URBAN OR WE RIOT

>batman with guns
You haven't read Dredd, get out

It made me mad that Almost Human wasn't just a Dredd tv show, it was already Urban playing a gruff cop with a smartgun in a cyberpunk future megacity surrounded by a wall to keep people from the contaminated outside world.

I hope they make a point of using the Dredd villains most relevant to our current era, no matter how much the SJWs whine..

It depends on how beta Brits are.

Karl Urban if live action, Toby Longworth if animated

I hope they save America for the very last episode
Imagine it, multiple seasons of following Dredd and other Judges, getting to know their side of the story, then right at the end they hit you with the horrifying reality of being on the other end of the boot

I want it.
I need it.

WHAT THE FUCK

Dredd fan-film kino inbound

youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU

That probably depends on whether it's your imagination or actual footage of the judge in question. Also if you're doing it in public or not.

DID YOU JUST ASSUME A JUDGE GENDER?

naaaaaaah.

They've gone downhill hardcore ever since the name change.

>both a Deadpool animated series and Judge Dredd show announced on the same day

>deadpool
Yaay, let's get ready for more memes

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF CAPE FANS

As much as I would love to get hyped over this, I just don't see a good studio picking this up. It's too controversial in this day and age. No one wants that kind of bad publicity and online outrage that a show about dystopian police officers being judges and executioners would bring. BLM really ruined any chances of a high budget Dredd adaption for the next 20 years.

If nothing else the judges are equal opportunities tyrants

lurk more

First Hellboy movie gets announced, then a new Dredd tv series. What a week

>mfw I just woofed down 3 giant burritos before clicking this thread

>Gorillaz Cartoon
>Judge Dredd TV show

My hype levels can't be contained by this mortal coil.

Meh, I wanted Hellboy 3 with Perlman and company but let's see what's up with the reboot
I just hope it isn't a CGIfest

No. I used the term "straight man" as it is related to comedy as per Judicial code Chapter 9 Section CDMIV "Definitions of Comedic Terminology."

The poster I replied to implied that the only Judge that could possibly be a straight man was Judge Joe Dread. That was an insult to all other Judges.

Too much hype will get you six years in iso-cubes, creeps!

The difference is that Dredd is still relevant.

>muh sjw boogeyman

Oh my god, fuck up. The story of Dredd lambasts the fascist police state he lives in and casts a critical eye on it often. It works on multiple levels because you have to accept the actions of the Judges, even enjoy them, without agreeing with them moralistically. Dredd himself is a supremely moral man, it's just that the law he serves is absolute and without mercy.