DUDE ARE YOU FUCKIN' THIS UP?!

DUDE ARE YOU FUCKIN' THIS UP?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4Wu598ENenk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're out of your element Donnie

Anyone else think this was the funniest scene in the movie?

Yes

Top 10, easily.

Goodman ruined this movie with his reddit crap

I like the scene where dude runs up on that weirdo pussy for creeping on his fuckin lady friend, man

>Vietnam war vet
>reddit crap

Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

At least it’s an ethos.

I'M A BROTHA SEAMUS!

(you)

this is actually the most sad tho
>that "dude I'm sorry"

the segue into Dead Flowers is very bittersweet.

This. I actually get misty eyed at that part because it's the one time Walt knows he's a fuck up

It's both. Overall it's sad but I nearly died when the ashes blew into the dudes face

WE CUT OFF YOUR JOHNSON LEBOWSKI

I CUT YOU
I CUT YOU

everyone knows the funniest scene is when Dude goes to do the "invisible ink" trick on Jackie Treehorn's notepad and sees pic related.

What did he mean by this?

My favorite, although I can’t stop laughing like a retard when he burns himself with the roach and crashed into the dumpster.

Seriously what a fucking amateur

and he pours the beer all over himself to put out the fire.

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

Also, let's not forget - let's NOT forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city... that ain't legal either

>your wriggly penis Lebowski
>jah we will stomp on it und squish it Lebowski

what are you a fucking park ranger now Walter?

What are you a fucking park ranger now walter?

It's up there, but my favorite is the ridiculous car wreck after the doctor's office.

For me the funniest one is when Flea and Stormare say "we believes in nothing" as if just saying that makes them nihilists. Tons of people actually believe this.

the only funny scene in the whole movie TO BE FRANK

I just think of the scene with Goodman smashing that car up screaming 'YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS LARRY?'

>FAIR? WHO'S THE FUCKING NIHILISTS AROUND HERE YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING CRYBABIES!

Why the FUCK did they remove this from netflix?

>Oooh nice marmot...

bumping a decent thread

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FIGHT A STRANGER IN TREE ALPS

kek the Dude's face is priceless

Snatch is a better film, Walter is the only entertaining idiosyncratic character.

OP scene kills me every time. Walter just has way too many good lines and Goodman kills the delivery.

WOW! Epic opinion. You brought so much to the thread.

>I didn't blame anyone for the loss of my legs, some chinaman in korea took them from me, but I went out and achieved anyway!

Eight year olds, dude

Struck a nerve, eh?

>TFW you're the best part of someone else's movie

He was a caricature of John Milius you pleb.

>i think it's a Pomeranian

No, I love Snatch but for whatever reason you had to input your opinion that it's a better film. It's pointless.

My favorite scene even though I love them all

Also one of the most touching. The hug is probably one of the only times Walter really acknowledges weakness

Older fag here.

I saw this in the movies.

I was disappointed. This was before you really got into every single detail of a film, with trailers etc before release.

All I knew was that it was the new film from the Coen Brothers, and I had seen Fargo prior to that and was expecting something similar.

I remember renting it on video when it came out since I did feel like watching it again, and really enjoying it. Then when it came out on DVD, we had this, Starship Troopers, Ronin and Boogie Nights (no idea how we ended up with those, but that's what we had) and we just watched the shit out of it over and over again.

Looking back at contemporary reviews, it's weird to note I wasn't alone, so it wasn't just a teenage kid thing of "not getting it".

Ebert gave it a mediocre review, and then later added it to his greatest films of all time list.

>tfw I always thought this was a racist joke (Chinaman/Korea) and then later on I learned most of the Americans killed in Korea were killed by the Chinese

Now I'm not sure if the Coen brothers were making a joke or not.

What follows is a true and very related story.

In 1989 I was 19 doing a stint in the Navy and we had a death on board a carrier. Anyway, we contacted his parents and they said he'd had preferred cremation followed by burial at sea. So with cook him up and put him in a vase (closest thing we could find resembling an urn) and we get ready to toss him in the ocean. But his XO was dumb as hell. He DEMANDS that we throw his body directly off the bow of the ship. Not only that but the ship is steaming straight ahead with the wind blowing towards it. We try to argue with him but he throws a shit-fit so we say fuck it.

We tossed that vase off that ship and his ashes created an Auschwitz style ploom that covered the entire front end of the flight deck (and us).

A couple months later and we're pulling into port in Norfolk, and the dead guys parents are there to ask some basic questions about their sons death. My friend is standing next to me when they ask "was he at least happy?" and I swear to fucking god he looks them dead in the eye and says

"Ma'am I feel your son will always be apart of this ship". Our commanding officer looked like his head was gonna explode.

I could legitimately watch a series which was just these guys going bowling.

youtu.be/4Wu598ENenk

>Smokey, this isn't 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules.

I think because it is so understated with its absurdity a lot of people who are told it is a comedy or even those who don't know what to expect probably fail to recognise how ridiculous the whole thing is.

I actually own this t-shirt. Asians who don't get the joke give me weird looks all the time.

Awesome story, user. May he swim in peace.

Is this your homework?

That is rug-life.

I know for me that part of it was that Fargo was a really tightly plotted thriller. It ratches up the tension and is a traditionally "good" film. Lebowski deliberately meanders and goes nowhere. Once you realize that, rather than sitting around waiting for the plot or a common sense resolution to kick in, you experience it differently.

I’m not buying him a beer, not renting him fucking shoes

10/10 jesus christ my sides

Johnson?

OVER THE LINE

that one three minute scene has a couple dozen quotable lines. Fuck almost every line is quotable.

>Well, they finally did it. They killed my fucking car

Pretty sure everyone hated TBL at first viewing. I was expecting some kind of intricate crime plot. With this mindset the meandering scenes as you say with the extensive dialogue was just irritating because I didn't put on the film for the same reasons that I later would. It's strange how those same scenes I find hilarious, genius even (due to how packed full of quotable lines each scene is), I at first found irritating and took no notice of.

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

I didn't, but I didn't watch it until years later. Was it advertised as a more serious flick? After Fargo, I can see them trying to sell it as something it wasn't.

when you see it...

First time I notice the blue whale

The whole movie is actually an allegory for terrorism if you pay attention

Original older fag here. This was the late 90's so it wasn't really "advertised" so much. You saw the posters and maybe a newspaper article, and it was more "From the makers of Fargo" than anything regarding the contents of the film.

So A LOT of people went in expecting Fargo but in L.A.

Pulled these from the wiki page;

>Peter Howell, in his review for the Toronto Star, wrote: "It's hard to believe that this is the work of a team that won an Oscar last year for the original screenplay of Fargo. There's a large amount of profanity in the movie, which seems a weak attempt to paper over dialogue gaps."[33] Howell revised his opinion in a later review, and more recently stated that "it may just be my favourite Coen Bros. film."

>Roger Ebert gave the film three stars out of four, describing it as "weirdly engaging".[41] In a 2010 review, Ebert gave The Big Lebowski four stars out of four and added the film to his "Great Movies" list.[42]

Pretty much everyone I've talked to about this movie (including myself) didn't really like it the first time through. For me there was just so many subtle jokes that I only got on the 2nd and 3rd viewing.

this aggression will not stand. Dubya Sr.
this aggression will not stand, man. The Dude.

The Cohen Brothers are so talented I'd believe them if they came out and said they were intentionally trying to write a sleeper hit.

>from the makers of fargo

That explains it. The Coens make comedies. Even their serious movies are nothing but black comedies.

People be dumb.

Brother Seamus?....Like an Irish Monk?

>it's a show dog
>it's got fuckin' papers

funniest to me is when the cop beats the dude up

Yup. It was out of theaters after the first week in Wisconsin. Couldn't even see it in Milwaukee.

I saw it opening night in Appleton. Half-full theater and everyone was fucking roaring with laughter. I honestly thought word of mouth would carry it into popular consciousness quickly, but it took probably two years before it even began to achieve cult status.

The movie has always been described as a crime caper. The crime is not the centre of the movie at all.

Are you fucking mentally retarded? The theft of the rug leads directly to the search for Bunny, and the supporting plotlines concern the theft of a car, and the theft of a million dollars twice over. It's like The Maltese Falcon for potheads.

That rug really tied the room together, man

Underrated

>Ma'am I feel your son will always be apart of this ship

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FEED A STORK...SCRAMBLED EGGS!

Yeah, it really tied the site together.

>me and my best friend used to watch this movie all the time in high school and early college.
>best friend kills himself last year
>his family can't afford a burial for him so cremation
>drive to south padre island to scatter the ashes in the laguna madre
>his mom and uncle give a speech how he was so young and how he wanted to be in the navy but never got to.
>start getting flashbacks to this scene
>gust of wind blows away the ashes as soon as she tries to dump them.
>oh god he's all over the place
>best friend still had one last joke to give from beyond.

I don't get why people love this movie. The only good thing I got from this movie was my love for white russians.

>do you have to use so many cuss words dude?
>the fuck are you talking about man?

It was my favourite film for a while after the first time I saw it. But then again I've been a patrician from a young age

funniest is when he tells the cop "sorry man I wasn't paying attention" only to recieve a umg to the head

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

Don't be fatuous

>"sorry man I wasn't paying attention"
I"m sorry. I wasn't listening.

Same with me. My dad rented it right after it was released on VHS, so I must have been 7 or 8 at the time, and I loved it.

seriously, is there one line in this movie that isn't quotable? I can't realy think of one. All the Bowling shit is golden, every Dude/Walter conversation too, even the narration is the absurdly funny. cab driver who loves the Eagles, "I'll suck your cock for a 1000 Dollars", "bulk of the series", I can get you a toe Dude, Nobody fucks with the Jesus, The Bums will always lose Mr. Lebowski! ...

Jackie Treehorn is the least quotable character

>Wave of the future, Dude! One hundred percent electronic.

But yeah, generally, his lines aren't as memorable as the other characters.