V For Vendetta

The movie that gave anonymous a face.

Opinions? Is it a good adaptation? Is it a good movie in general?

I was unimpressed

I'd have to watch it again to articulate exactly what I thought it did wrong but I didn't care for it. The romance and updated social commentary are two things, if I recall.

>Is it a good adaptation?
Not at all.

>Is it a good movie in general?
Meh.

Bump.

Agreed with a guy I saw on Youtube whom I can't remember the name of when he said he'd sell his mother into slavery to see what happens next after Parliament gets blown up and what exactly the people fucking do the day after revolution

Hugo weaving was the best part of the movie

Another failed system sets up and society continues as usual. Kind of makes the movie pointless if they really expanded on it.

Book was better

It was not a good adaptation, since it pretty much ignored anarchy, what it meant and how to bring it about.

It was decent movie - it would have been better had it not spent so much effort attacking the Bush administration - politics of the day is a sure way to make a movie age quickly.

It was garbage - this pic summarizes why.

the fuck

I don't really understand.

>political comic by one of the finest writers in the medium
>turned into "girl falls for a boy she knows is trouble" movie

Short answer: no

Long answer: yes

Longer answer: maybe

Kinda makes you wonder what the movie would be like if it were made now.

LITERALLY fantasy.
This shit is unhealthy and sets up an unrealistic expectation of the human relationship-seeking dynamic for children.

Its literally a libertarian's/anarchist's wet dream.

Whatever.

Are you retarded?
It didn't attack bush enough, the whole point of the comic was neoliberalism, not fascism. Neoliberalist Luke thatcher, pinochet, Reagan etc. They intentionally made the government fascist so it wouldnt offend the stupid American public.

No

>nuanced comic following human fascists with an anarchist who is shown to be a murderous, torturous lunatic

>fascist boss' name gets changed to sound more like Hitler
>his entire character erased
>weird virus subplot to make evil people more evil
>V portrayed as mostly correct, even when he tortures Evey
>Anarchism replaced with an Iraq War-era American FREEDOM wankfest
>Israeli actress in a FREEDOM wankfest
>Matrix action scenes that Wachowskis should've known was dated when they made it

This film made me an edgy 12 year old, the final stage of my edginess is to reject it entirely. Commodification of revolution is what is killing any chance of a revolution being taken seriously. People thinking they're in Hunger Games or some shit.

I liked it,but honestly saw it before I read or knew about the comic.

It's not a 1to1 adaptation (really what movie ever is) but it gets a lot of the message in there.
So label among the many Vertigo movies as "Good movie, questionable adaptation".

>but it gets a lot of the message in there
While i don't think is a bad movie, the message of the comic is completely lost in the movie.

He doesn't understand the message of the comic.

Alan pls.

>it gets a lot of the message in there.
It doesn't at all.

movie was blah the comic miniseries was awsome

Good movie, bad adaptation.

It's shit like literally every other DC movie

Every other as in one good one bad one good one bad etc?
Or every as in all DC in some weak bait??

it was a good movie

but the adaptation was too short.

if it was done properly it would have been longer and it should have had a sequel.
also the lesbianism should be toned down a little more.

>Every other as in one good one bad one good one bad etc?
you can count the number of good DC movies on one hand and they've been making them for decades so obviously not that one

It's a terrible adaptation but a pretty good movie on its own.

Your hand has a lot of fingers.
>Superman
>Superman 2
>Batman
>Batman Returns
>Batman Forever
>Superman Returns
>Watchmen
>Batman Begins
>The Dark Knight
>The Dark Knight Rises
>Man of Steel
>Batman V Superman

Also if you consider the Thor movies good then DC also gets Green Lantern and Suicide Squad.

Loved the movie. Even if it's not a perfect adaptation, it's an excellent movie with tons of great cinematic qualities. Just view it as the cliff-notes version of the book. Get primed by watching the film, then read the book for a deeper understanding.

>Watchmen
>Man of Steel
>Batman V Superman

Not him, but are you:

>insane
>retarded
>troll

>Implying you need more than one hand to count Marvel movies.

Unless you've lost a few fingers in some sort of accident, for which I'm sorry.

That was the point of the book, but at least the bok showed that.
The comic is about how not anarchy nor authoritarian regimes are a solution. That's the easiest way to describe it without getting into the characters and their motivations and how their stories unfold.
What this user said.

Okay movie, Hugo's voice is perfect for the role.
God awful adaptation. It is utterly shameful.

Over half of the critics liked both MoS and Watchmen.

If you get 5/10 in a test you failed it.

>libertarian/anarchist

Which one of those words is the one you don't understand? or is it both?

Just because your facebook friends say they're anarchists or libertarians doesn't mean it's true. And just because those people like the film adaptation of V for Vendetta doesn't make it, in any way, a wet dream of anarchists or libertarians.

That's a weird fucking list, man. And I like a good third of it. And consider myself a DCfag at heart. But this is just a weird list.

I think Moore, himself, would like the movie more if he knew the two brothers that made it are now sisters.

Kind of meh adapatation, but acceptable.
Kind of okay movie, but nothing great.

The definition of unironic fine, whatever.

Ending scene was the best part.
As in the only memorable thing about it.