This is incredible

This is incredible.

Everything about this movie is inch perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-art-and-soul-of-blade-runner-2049-tanya-lapointe/1127123423
amazon.com/NECA-Blade-Runner-Visual-Hardcover/dp/B075WB78NH
amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2AF8MG4XMNBP3/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B075WXGWHL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i agree 100% user

Show me the book user i love this movie and want to buy everything desu

>landscape formatted artboks

I'd rather my bookshelf not look like a secret entrance from scooby-doo

the original's soundtrack will never be topped

zimmer is a hack

>tfw no 200 minute extended edition special commemorative deluxe 4K blu-ray boxset and deluxe 2LP Vinyl soundtrack release
Feels bad

Why are plebs so easily impressed? is it your lack of cinematic IQ?

>cinematic IQ

w-will there at least be an expanded soundtrack? the esper edition of the original soundtrack is pure musikino

ocd autist fuck outta here with that shit

would you fuck off back to /r/movies already

If you can't understand this then you don't have a high cineIQ. Very simple stuff my friend

They should have had johnson&johnson do it like originally planned

wow nice time lapse, i think my cineIQ just went up a few points
#Kino

Thanks

Any cool posters or set photos/artwork in there?

Do they say anything about he deleted scenes from the trailers like pic related

Saw this book a few weeks ago, was tempted. Is it worth it?

>time lapse
God it's no surprise a low cineIQ pleb like you thinks 2049 is "kino". Fucking christ we need old Sup Forums back

Not much unfortunately...I'll have a look.

It's beautiful but depends how much you value hardcopy assets from the film.

>time lapse
God it's no surprise a low cineIQ pleb like you thinks 2049 is "kino". Fucking christ we need old Sup Forums back.

brb, gonna make a kino lapse with my chinese phone

Any chance you be willing to cut the book up and scan it and upload the scans online?

What if I find perfection boring?

DUDE ORANGE LMAO

The bot has malfunctioned

>meme image with meme word
God damn Sup Forums is always right. If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.
It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.
If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there(Sup Forums). Or kill yourself.

I would if I could user but it's such an expensive piece of kit.

Hopefully someone does put scans online though.

What did he mean by this?

>cinemalet doesn't know Sup Forumss guy benning
THE
STATE
OF
NURUNNERS

Any work from Syd Mead in there?

>Doesn't understand color theory and just spews memes
You'll find the same colors throughout history it's not some new meme trend

are you asking to suck my dick?

If I have one criticism is that use of arty architecture shots, which were a feature of the original, was over-used in this. Like they were thinking, "oh the original had some cool scenes in buildings with light reflecting off water on the walls and shit, lets do that that literally everywhere we can". Nitpicking admittedly.

Also minor plot confusion to me, dont the rebel replicants and Wallace actually both want the same thing, which is reproductive replicants?

>Style over substance: the post
Say something god damn it

I'll have a scan through and see if anything pops up.

Wow that's pretty interesting you can tell Denis really cared about the universe

sneed

Contrarian is a fucking buzzword that originally meant people who didn't agree with popular opinions about STOCK EXCHANGES. I love when people use it because it exposes them for the conformist, reddit-tier idiot sheep that they are and you can instantly discard their shallow opinions.

1/2

>Also minor plot confusion to me, dont the rebel replicants and Wallace actually both want the same thing, which is reproductive replicants?

Yes. The difference is that Wallace intended to have them as his own personal army, or even beyond that, to gradually replace all human population with replicants, and act as god above them.

I bought the book too. If anyone wants to fund me another $40 book I'll cut it or de-bind it and scan it.

The wood in wallaces apartment was meant to show he was insanely wealthy as the trees were dead and the wooden horse was worth enough for a real horse and it was surrounded by water when that's also rare like the 99% shower spray.
Deakins explains the light in his place is meant to ripple like sunlight because wallace never goes out. Also his little square is symbolic of one of the demiurge stories.

The rebels wanted K to kill Deckard so wallace couldn't get intel on the rebels from deckards head and they wanted to use the baby to take over creating their own destiny and assume supremacy. Wallace wanted the baby to figure out how to make more and use them as slave labour and colonize new planets with his subjects. K rejects bith and reunited Deckard with his daughter.

2/2

What happened to the dog

retired

Must not buy. Must not buy.

Fuck It, I gotta have it

Oh shit, we're getting to the good bits

it's fucking 100 buckaroos fellas

>"oh the original had some cool scenes in buildings with light reflecting off water on the walls and shit, lets do that that literally everywhere we can"

to be fair that specific effect is only used twice and their both in the same location (wallace's pyramid) the yellow colour is meant to be a stylistic callback to Tyrells building but unlike Tyrell who can see (symbolically has a "vision") and has wide windows with panaramic views of the City Wallace's building and styling are inversed, he is blind and his office is subterranean or atleast enclosed.

Didn't even notice the people fucking were regular people and not prostituting.

Who the fuck would even pick this up?!

Can I listen to the Johann Johannsson soundtrack?

How much did you spend? Seems to be only 40 bucks on Barnes and noble m.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-art-and-soul-of-blade-runner-2049-tanya-lapointe/1127123423

Got it as a Christmas gift, user.

What did he mean by this?

This scene too, and somewhere else but I forget now. It just seemed less like just a natural part of the scenery and more of an engineered setting. Not just the reflections but lots of arty shadows and patterns going on, which I know was a artistic design choice, but like they were just overdoing it a bit.

>Everything about this movie is inch perfect.
no. its a good movie but it definitely has its flaws and isn't as good as the original.

its 40 dumbfuck.
amazon.com/NECA-Blade-Runner-Visual-Hardcover/dp/B075WB78NH

only 100 if you want the deluxe
and the deluxe was 75 as a preorder before all the jews started to scalp, and its literally NOTHING

What the fuck

What's the difference

Fuck, what does this mean.

>The name of Agent K's apartment building is Mobius 21. Jean (Moebius) Giraud's graphic short story "The Long Tomorrow" (published in Metal Hurlant in France and Heavy Metal in the US) was an early influence on the look of Blade Runner.

^this. I'm likely going to order it soon.
I look forward to see what anons dig up related to this.. it's there.

a slipcover and a lithograph
google you fucking plebfag
amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2AF8MG4XMNBP3/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B075WXGWHL
>I am NOT reviewing the content in the book, which was good. I am just addressing the literal rip-off that is this "Deluxe Edition". The lithograph is junk, not unique, not even numbered. The slip case is pretty and a nice addition but even together with the lithograph it is most certainly not worth what they ask.
>Yes, that is literally all you get for the additional $50.00
>Save your money, you'll be just as happy with the standard edition.

Doesn't it say a specific scene in the Actual movie influenced the name though?

Ask him

Nice normal version is only 26 quid in the UK but it's temporarily out of stock so sent an order through waiting for an estimated date now

Probably a scene in the original influenced by the book will need to read more trivia

and gay used to mean happy...

Nice

heheheHAHAHAHAHAHA

hope you get it user

There's nothing wrong with the soundtrack. Which surprised me after listening to Sup Forums bitch about it for two fucking months.

This is just sci fi drive, it tries to hard to be cool

other than the fact that it's totally forgettable aside from the tracks that use Vangelis's original themes?

BBBRRRRRFFFFTTTTT (mid pitch)
BBBRRRRFFFTTTTTT (high pitch)
BBBRRRRRFFFTTTTTT (low pitch)
Repeat for duration of scene

Are there any storyboards? Miniatures? Photos of Deakins' ridiculous lighting setups?

>wanting an analogue copy of an originally digital music file
Why are audiofags such retards?

where do I get a 4K download of this movie?
I just bought it on google play, but returned it when I realized it was stream only, and amazon only has physical copies

contrarian literally means nothing. It's just idiocy that people who lap up BrBa, Nolantino, Villenueve etc use to dismiss criticisms. Nothing more.

I got it for Xmas and am loving it, too.

The soundtrack is fine, though. Of course it was never going to top the original, but I thought Zimmer did a good job of capturing the right feel.

All of the above. Also some information about the full 8-minute version of the baseline test scene, which dialogue written by Gosling himself. Really hoping that makes the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray.

DUDE OVERUSED MAYMAYS LMAO

It is perfect. Sad that Ridley is shitting on it now, probably just butthurt it's better than his original movie.

>"I see soup... boiling on a stove"

fucking hell Ridley no wonder Ruger Hauer rewrote the tears in the rain speech

>this isn't really a science-fiction film.
>it's film noir.
>it's all about shadows and light.
What the fuck. This legit sounds like a meme made off this board

>Sad that Ridley is shitting on it now
Wait what?

Is Ridley Scott not pleased with 2049 or something?

Perhaps the senile old fuck should be careful what he say after creating messy sequals to his own film series and tarnishing it. Covenant was crap and Prometheus wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

He's been ranting about the length of the film now. From what I've seen the guy has a massive ego so I really think he's just butthurt it's good or maybe he's trying to distance himself from it because it wasn't a box office hit.

>thinks he can judge a film's quality
>directed gladiator

there's nothing wrong with Gladiator

Not really. He just said it was "too fucking long," when asked about the weak box office numbers.

But he also took credit for most of the story at the same time.

>the guy has a massive ego
This.

Plus it doesn't help that he's trying to score awards with his own film (All the Money in the World) at the same time.

it's the kind of movie that appeals to morons

It's amazing how far he has fallen.

I'm still miffed that he took a massive dump on the Alien movies, but i'm so glad that he never got his hands on 2049, can't imagine what he would have done with it...

>Not really. He just said it was "too fucking long," when asked about the weak box office numbers.
user pls, any negative comment ever is shitting on something, haven't you seen the posts about Hamill and TLJ?

why

Took far too many liberties with history for my liking, and it's pretty much pleb fodder, but it's not horrible.

it's just modern trendy idiotic action like 300 or ncis

Except for the shit plot.