ITT: Brilliant twists

ITT: Brilliant twists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0J34QnVhYNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BEST TWIST OF ALL TIME

youtube.com/watch?v=0J34QnVhYNU

The best there is

yeah, good comic and remember white people are evil and must to be exterminated.

>Fixer
>Screaming Mimi
>Masters of Evil

Captain America was too much of a mary sue. Now he is believable.

The status quo NEVER recovered.

Yeah this could never happen today it would be leaked either on purpose or "accidentally" months ahead of time. People forget this was an actual surprise virtually no one saw coming

The Tale of the Dead Man.
Trifecta also had a really good one.

Spencer can deliver

This is what events should be. I can't believe the last couple CW2 issues were used to set up Secret Empire.

>caring about "plot twists" that will be retconned in matter of months

There's Caps in the walls.

Bender is the evil Bender

everyone else go home, you can't top this one

>try the blue one

This is probably the best.

This was good as well.
I remember thinking about what if the guy wasnt blind a page before.

can you give the context for this image please ? or where its from.

Yeah, who could have seen that coming?

Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin were Dick Grayson took over after Bruce's death. Oberon Sexton is an English (IIRC) detective who came to Gotham. However it becomes clear he's hiding something and his identity is one of the core mysteries of the run and there's a ton of clues which unfold into an awnser both obvious in retrospect and completely unexpected.

He's the Joker

Not really.

>HENH
Fuck me.

Hell yeah.
So glad to be caught off guard by it.
Hydra Cap would be equal had it not been spoiled, but the fact that it wasn't until days before release is still impressive.

someone please explain this to me because without context this looks like the asspull of all asspulls

what next is fucking magneto gonna join too

Magneto is an ally of Hydra. He worked with them before.

It was red, doofus.
Man, what a twist though.

Red Skull cosmic cubed Cap Hydra.

But apparently he was always Hydra and was a spy helping the nazi war effort, but then the allies needed cosmic cubethemselves a victory in WW2 (which makes very little sense) and Cap was retconned into not being Hydra, but Skull's cubing undid that.

Its a massive asspull Spencer's doing for controversy bucks.

Captain America is a Nazi

Magneto is a Nazi

Dick Grayson is a Nazi

Who the fuck isn't a Nazi these days?

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet

SPEEEEENCEEEEEEERRRRR

literally WHAT?

>Dick Grayson is a Nazi

Wait what?

What is the context here? Please explain.

I think Spencer might've come the closest to beating T-Bolts. The shitstorm you guys!

Spencer got lucky because Rebirth got all the spoiler coverage

>literally WHAT?
Yeah it's weird but Mags doesn't hate Nazis enough to avoid working with them. He just pretends to.

you're expecting a typical hero/villain interaction where he explains his big plan then the heroes stop it, unfortunately for the heroes Ozymandias isn't an idiot so he doesn't explain his masterplan until he's already enacted it

So boom, the 'villain' wins and Watchmen subverts the fuck out of comic book superheroes

>the 'villain' wins
They can't stop him?

>dank cell
TOP KEK

Upcoming elseworld where he genocides Supers.

nope, he's already done the thing, basically nuked a city thousand of miles away

Donald Trump?

ha

not only does he get away with it, he kills the only remaining super (and his former collegue) that won't agree to keep what he did a secret (because it was all for the "greater good")

the only thing that MIGHT vindicate what he did is that Rorschach, the guy he killed, sent his journal filled with evidence against him to a newspaper but it's basically a right wing tabloid so who knows if anyone will ever believe it

So what happens next? The heroes just kind of go home since they failed?

Pretty much, except for Rorschach.

They agree to work with Ozymandias, who claims that the nuke was for the greater good, Rorschach is having nothing of it and tries to go tell people about what Ozy did, only to be gibbed by Dr. Manhattan

not joking, after a whole issue about a delusional alcoholic it was fucking great

BOOM
BIG REVEAL

That wasn't really a twist though.
Then again, Marvel being useless (or Hopeless amirite) with new characters isn't exactly a twist either.

Unless you know how to unexplode-and-psychic-mind-rape a city and its population, probably not.

To add to that user's point it's not just the imminence of the event that's harrowing, but the fact if you go through the issues again you'll see cues of Veidt's plan building in the background while the heroes are coming to terms with each other, that plus the ticking clock at the end of each issue makes it very ominously clear the looming inevitability of "a bomb dropping". It was quite literally only a matter of time before they realized how fucked they were.

Watchmen was interesting because they were really realistic about the kind of people who would become vigilantes and fight crime; in that they were almost all stubborn, violent egomaniacs with god complexes and a self righteous sense of morality

the only two decent supers are smart and strong but they're no match for a legitimate rich genius villian with great publicity (plus Ozy has a literal God on his side)

they chew him out but bitterly acknowledge that they don't stand a chance against him and cut ties and just basically go home and I think pretty much give up on being supers after that

>Unless you know how to unexplode-and-psychic-mind-rape a city and its population, probably not.
Why not just beat the guy up and have him confess?

that doesn't really accomplish anything, and might even lead to a nuclear war

Adorable, but no.

Everyone's reeling from nightmarish images and paranoia.
Beating up and accusing the one man the public eye has only ever seen funnel his funds, connections and genius clarity towards rising humanity out of darkness before and after the blue demi-god psychologically and physical left the people to their fate would achieve less than nothing.

The tension from all the conflict, conspiracy and sabotage atop the recent incident would absolutely guarantee nukes fly now that the rest of the world knows for a fact America not once with Manhattan, but twice now with Veidt have absolutely too much gun and zero safety on the trigger.

The time to beat the bad guy was around Comedian's death, but the one guy who suspected anything went and told the suspect of his suspicions..

Ozy convinced Dr.Manhattan (a living God pretty much) that he was doing the right thing and since in this universe he single-handily won the Vietnam war it's safe to say two average people (in that they had no superpowers) didn't stand a chance against him and they all knew it

and seeing how Dr.Manhattan explodes Rorschach for not agreeing to keep the secret they knew damn well that they were willing to kill them if it came down to it so they just really angrily begrudgingly went home

>turn the page
>do it slave

finding Spot's corpse being used as basically a battery was pretty great too.

fuck that entire series. I miss Avengers Academy so much.

are there seriously people on this board who haven't read Watchmen

>That episode of King of the Hill where Hank has been a charcoal fan the whole time

I dunno if I'd call this a twist

Yes me

Why didn't Manhattan just solve everything? Or maybe put Rorschach into a box instead of killing him?

maybe you should read it before asking people to explain the entire plot to you

Where can I read it? Is it worth reading?

it's probably on viewcomic or readcomiconline. Or check your local library. Or you can buy it.

and yes, it is worth reading

is this like your first time interacting with a comics community or something?

Yes. I don't read comics. I just come here for memes.

>solve everything
Solve human nature?
The propensity of which is never agreeing on everything?
Where can I read it?
Go to a bookstore or library or something. I dunno, an user once storytimed the entirety of it here along with detailing and discussing but that's long ago and no archive I know retains things that long.
>Is it worth reading?
Depends on what you usually read.

then go read some comics and don't come back until you do

You are an agent of Hydra. Why should I do anything you say?

Besides I read Sinestro Corps War that one time.

>Solve human nature?
No I mean just take away the nukes. The governments of America and Russia are just big whiny babies without their weapons.

>Depends on what you usually read.
I don't read anything anymore.

from why understanding and without spoiling anything lets just say manhattan FUCKED UP and Ozy comes by at the time he's feeling most vulnerable and convinces him that helping will make up for everything bad he ever did

stop spoonfeeding

What's with all the spoonfeeding in this thread?

For me, that was the real series finale. Patrick was a gorilla the whole time, SpongeBob is broken in two for good and it's all revealed to be a wacky cartoon. Brings a tear to my eye every time.

>and must to be exterminated
It seems they "must to be" sent back to school, also.

How the fuck is that a twist, moore and gibbons showed him building that plan all the way since the beginning and being evil as fuck.

the twist is that he enacted the plan before the heroes could stop him, you monkey

Tell me more..

Upcoming elseworld where he genocides Supers. And then sees the error of his ways and tries to save them

That's not a plot twist, you donut. Everything went according to keikaku.

yes it is, you donkey. It takes the expectations brought on by narrative conventions of the genre and radically subverts them unexpectedly. It's the definition of a plot twist.

Go back to Sup Forums.

Rick finds out Jaka didn't have a miscarriage, she had an abortion

there's recommendation threads then there's explaining the entire plot of Watchmen to some retard who hasn't read it

I liked the original twist that he wasn't a man that became a plant but a plant that thought he was a man

Shame the new 52 fucked up hard and pretty much killed the original Swamp Thing and replaced him with a completely different character. Fucking bullshit

Is this Identity Crisis or Gay for Justice

I'm confused. Why is this a twist?

That's just subversion of expectations, not a plot twist. Nothing unexpected happened, it just happened at a different time.

The dutch marine.

it was unexpected that his plan actually succeeded due to genre conventions

I get it, but the plan itself wasn't unexpected. I don't think that counts as a plot twist.

holy shit no one is saying the plan is the twist, you absolute mongoloid

>pretty much killed the original Swamp Thing and replaced him with a completely different character. Fucking bullshit
but they did literally that. the plant thought that he was a man, was a literal second character in the story

Then there's no twist. Are you one of those shortbus kids?

The twist is that the plan succeeded, try and follow along like someone with a fully-functioning brain.

I read through his entire new 52 run a few weeks back and it made it very clear that he was Alec Holland with a plant for a body instead of a different person entirely.

Grant Morrison is a hack.

That was done during brightest day. Johns is a hack who has to revert everything.

the blue swamp thing was "alec holland" the parliament made and was the plant that believed he was a man. whats more that while alec is the avatar of the green, "alec" has powers over life, not just green (in that future story villans arc, i cant remember the name, it was that one with the holo covers)

like most new52 stuff, they went the "its all canon now, unless we say it isnt", but they took it literally. the old stories are about the blue swamp thing, the new ones are about the real alec.