Piecing Together Possible Marvel Legacy Teams

>So...we suddenly know a lot about Marvel Legacy from Marvel writers "leaking" their own titles. And it's a lot of good news if you're happy with current Marvel, but a whole lot of bad if you're not. Marvel Legacy seems to be more of the same of what we have now.

>Iron Man - will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis. Bendis confirmed this on the current Word Balloon podcast, saying that the title will soon revert to the #600 legacy numbering.

>Miles Morales/Spider-Man - will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis. He didn't give a number, but he said they're working on adding up all of his Spider-Man issues to see what milestone he's close to.

>Daredevil - will still be written by Charles Soule. When asked on Twitter about Legacy, Soule said he's writing a Daredevil Legacy issue now. When asked if he'll be on the title for at least the next 12 issues, Soule said "Definitely."

>Captain America - This one is less concrete, but Nick Spencer definitively said that he would still be writing Steve Rogers post-Secret Empire, which seems a good indication that he would remain the Cap writer in Legacy.

>Amazing Spider-Man by Dan Slott (still). In another Word Balloon podcast recently, Slott talked a lot about his long term plans for the title and how Superior Octopus sets up future stories. Seems a pretty clear indication that Slott's time on the book is not close to ending.

>Speculation - Jason Aaron and Gerry Duggan have given no indication they plan to leave Thor and Deadpool anytime soon, and it would surprise me if they did.

>X-Men and Guardians just recently relaunched, no way that's changing up in October.

>So. It suddenly looks like "Legacy" isn't the answer to "Rebirth" at all, but rather a fresh coat of paint on the same thing. Thoughts?

From Reddit. :^)

>Lipstick on a pig.
Isn't this what we're expecting all along?

>And it's a lot of good news if you're happy with current Marvel, but a whole lot of bad if you're not.
>Marvel Legacy seems to be more of the same of what we have now.
Thanks, Marvel. Thanks.

Miles should be a little over 200 issues if you include the original Ultimate Spidey as part of his numbers

>>Captain America - This one is less concrete, but Nick Spencer definitively said that he would still be writing Steve Rogers post-Secret Empire, which seems a good indication that he would remain the Cap writer in Legacy.

Queue very angry fangirls.

>Iron Man
>Bendis

D R O P P E D

>Steve!Cap
>Spencer

M O R E T U M B L R T E A R S

>how it feels to like Spider-man

How butthurt do you think Nick Spencer is? I mean, the whole reason he did HydraCap and Secret Empire was to throw Steve under the bus and make Sam Wilson look good. Yet he still has to write Steve and de-nazi him. That's gotta sting.

LELgacy

The more pressing question is whether or not he'll break up his OTP.

>>So. It suddenly looks like "Legacy" isn't the answer to "Rebirth" at all, but rather a fresh coat of paint on the same thing. Thoughts?
DC realized they fucked up, hence Rebirth
Marvel hasn't realized they fucked up, hence Legacy

>Seems a pretty clear indication that Slott's time on the book is not close to ending
>Slott will never leave ASM

Part of me is really sad to see Marvel comics devolve into nothing more than an IP farm for Disney.

Another part of me is highly amused at the fact that Marvel editorial and management continue to misread/disregard fanbase sentiment.

>>So. It suddenly looks like "Legacy" isn't the answer to "Rebirth" at all, but rather a fresh coat of paint on the same thing

As expected. And yet fanboys will eat it up because they're retarded and the artistically anti-Marvel shitposting will only get worse

big two comics where a mistake

I'm sure looking forward to see how much deeper Slott can take Ock's cock down his throat.

>more Ock Wank
How much you wanna bet Slott has a body pillow of Ock?

What a shame.

Looks like another All-New All-Different with a new coat of paint.

I guess we'll need another year of floundering before someone higher up will intervene.

Exactly like DC then.

Stay mad, Alonso.

What's the point then?

>Part of me is really sad to see Marvel comics devolve into nothing more than an IP farm for Disney.
It's gotten pretty bad of late. Like, you know those comics that just are supplementary for movies? This is what it's like.

Tricky fans into buying again, but not actually doing work

>Marvel actually published this shit

>Iron Man - will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis. Bendis confirmed this on the current Word Balloon podcast, saying that the title will soon revert to the #600 legacy numbering.
>Miles Morales/Spider-Man - will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis. He didn't give a number, but he said they're working on adding up all of his Spider-Man issues to see what milestone he's close to.
>Slott talked a lot about his long term plans for the title and how Superior Octopus sets up future stories. Seems a pretty clear indication that Slott's time on the book is not close to ending.
Just fucking leave already dammit.

I do kind of get the sentiment where Marlel thinks they don't need to change writers to trick the fans. DC already did this with Rebirth. Tomasi went from writing SM/WW and Final Days to Superman, Tynion went editorializing Batman weekly to Detective Comics, Venditti went from GL to Hal and Pals, Abnett went from Convergence Titans/Hunt to Titans, Aquaman to Aquaman, Lobdell went from RH to RH, Hitch went from JLA to JL and Percy went from GA to GA. Only change pre and post Rebirth here is Johns straitening the fuck out of everyone. In Rebirth's case it has worked in a lot of cases, certainly the quality improved in a lot of works even if they are still mediocre, they have become readable. But the main dilemma is nobody at Marlel is Johns tier who can right the ships, if Slott is still going to be schlocky with ASM, Bendis aimless with Miles, Spencer being an edgelord and pissing everyone off and Aaron being a spiteful cunt, then "what the fuck is the point" will be a valid sentiment.

There's really no point to Miles without Bendis writing him.

There's not much point to Miles WITH Bendis writing him either of course

Nothing of value ever happens in that book.

>>Buy MARVEL LEGACY he shows up in The final pages

Marvel needs to give Rosenberg more to write DESU. His 2 Kingpin series are fantastic, but who the fuck is buying a Kingpin book

It will just be the Fantastic Four or Peter/MJ.

>Marvel Shill detected

Tomasi and Pat Gleason both took over writing Superman with Jurgens writing Action. This was a complete house cleaning, which was what those whole TWO issues you reference he wrote were about.

Tynion got 'Tec from Bootch while King took over Batman from Snyder. So your 0 for 2. The rest?

Vendetta got to stay on Lantern, but got Johns helping him with plots and Van Sciver acting as an artistic director. Dan wrote a mini series that sold well enough they made it their main book. He was on Aquaman a whole six fucking issues and it was going well.

You don't mention fucking Wondy Rucka, Suicide Squad with Jim Lee and Rob, Dini coming onto Harley Quinn, Joshua Williams on Flash, or Priestroke.

Johns isn't the only talent at DC, the company has a ton of talent. Rebirth boiled down to giving fans what they wanted, good comics that were like they used to be.

So...

Why don't we post who we wish would be on books.

Iron Man-Ewing. Seems in his wheel house

Spider-man-Joe Kelly on Amazing, Chris Hasting on Miles.

DD-same, fuck daredevil.

Cap-he's so fucked up right now, let him be the Bendis containment series.

Thor-Hand Aaron his walking papers and give Duggan this book in addition to Pool. He made Uncanny and Deadpool good, maybe he can fix this shit too.

X, is it too soon to reboot the X titles?

Fuck it.

Offer complete creative control of the title to Millar with a deal like Ellis got on Windstorm. He curates, giving spin-offs to his friends and writing the main book simply titled X-men.

>DD-same, fuck daredevil.
How about fuck you instead? I'm sick of not reading my main man DD thanks to Souless being on the title.

>I mean, the whole reason he did HydraCap and Secret Empire was to throw Steve under the bus and make Sam Wilson look good.
I really don't think that's the case. This is a pretty stupid conspiracy theory.

How the fuck am I a Marvel shill? For pointing out that there are similarities in Legacy and Rebirth? Jyrgens was writing Convergence Superman and Lois and Clark, only change in mainline Superman comic was the approach. And Tynion? He was pretty much writing Detective Comics in form of Batman and Robin Eternal where it was pretty much a bat family book. And I literally said that Johns helped out a lot, you acknowledge it as well. And I never said DC had less or more talent. And why should I mention new talent taking over some new books if that wasn't the main point and Marvel did the same with Shithumans/X-Men relaunch. This is probably the most pointless argument I'll have today.
Also go fuck yourself, Marvel is dog shit and the only books worth reading are the ones that won't even sell past 12 issues.

Souless should be contained to Star Wars mini, DD should go to Rosenberg considering his Kingpin is good. But whoever is going to write DD would have to play second fiddle to Bendis and I dare not wish that upon good writers.

I can't believe Spencer is still writing Steve. I expected Steve to be tossed to another writer.

Their annual relaunch. This time with legacy numbers.

No, fuck that. Let that little leech earn his own numeration.

Just like Dr. Manhattan for Rebirth
This would be cool

>Implying Millar is even half as talented as Ellis.

Or better yet, he could go to DC where he would be used properly.

>Duggan
>made Uncanny good
>made
First off, lol.
Secondly, nothing he's contributed was half as good as vol. 2, plus he's written an awful Cable and Rogue.

Deadpool is aight though.

No thanks, I don't fuck whores.

Sorry pal, but anything post Miller on DD is unworthy.

I'm cool with that too

You fucking act like nothing changed. They changed tone, direction and yes, creative teams that weren't selling.

>Iron Man-Ewing. Seems in his wheel house
Ewing's had nearly a dozen titles and all of them have been sales failures. It's time to throw him out.
Bendis/Brubaker is classic and Waid's first run was good.

I think it depends on SE. IF that does REALLY badly, he will be gone. If it doesn't he might get a stay.

WTF?

>he would be used properly.
Riiight... DC are ruining King right now.

>Fucking Bendis
No thanks, I grew up on DD. I can't handle that shit. And Waid changed too much I loved. Far as I'm concerned DD ends with Born again. Anything after that is a waste.

>Ewing failure

I actually agree, he's like Tom King. He's got an obnoxious fanbase and critically adored. But he's also a sales disaster. At this point, Tony just needs fixing and I think Ewing could do something interesting with him.

...did you just say you're a whore?

Hi, Kinghater!

Well, I wasn't interested anyway.

Nocenti was really fucking good.

obviously not, you whore. Hope that clarifies things Marvel shill

>hiKingfaggot

>Marvel leaking their own titles

wat?

anyway this is all obvious common sense stuff

>And why should I mention new talent taking over some new books if that wasn't the main point
Because what you're doing is being disingenuous. Just because something doesn't prove your point doesn't mean it's ignorable.

this seems to be whats really happening. gonna go with that other user who said were in for another year of floundering before someone upstairs even realizes theres a problem let alone tries to fix it.

But what will Kate Leth be writing? They can't be letting ANOTHER STELLAR WRITER go, can they?

I figured they ended Hellcat to put her on something else people don't need to read in order to say they're fans of.

She's leaving on her own; she decided she was too good for the Big Two.

Oh, while disappointing that makes complete sense. She was belittling herself to do them a favor. I understand her not wanting to make millions for Disney if she can make hundreds by herself. Can't believe the house of ideas let such a font of ingenuity go. They've really been losing out on some winners.

>hasn't even read the Brubaker run

Man, you people are hilarious.

The Marvel veep acknowledged there's a problem, but this is an astonishingly stupid way of dealing with it. They're going full "let's not change anything whatsoever but market it as if we are" instead of actually changing anything, and I have no idea why. Legacy seems like it's going to be DOA, especially considering all the goodwill they've already lost when Guggenheim outright lied about X-Men Gold being apolitical.

What's really sad is that the IP she generated for Marvel will be misused. I mean how far out can we be from
>BEDBUGS UNLEASHED!! ?

Isn't she following Nolle Stevenson and trying to get into animation?

About a halloween season or two and another fat check to R.L. Stein away from it, in my estimation.

hes still just an exec and probably was told by editorial they were going to fix it. so they are lying to the public and banking on great "first" numbers to show they fixed it while really doing nothing. disney really needs to just clean house at marvel

The real Secret War is the one Marvel is waging on its fanbase.

My bronze/silver age omni addiction isn't feeding this shit is it?

silly goyim, of course not!

>obviously not
Then why did you say you don't fuck whores when he told you to go fuck yourself?
>Marvel shill
???

>will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis.
>but Nick Spencer definitively said that he would still be writing Steve Rogers

You can't put glitter on shit and call it gold.

>Iron Man - will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis.
>>Miles Morales/Spider-Man - will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis.
>>Daredevil - will still be written by Charles Soule.
>>Captain America - This one is less concrete, but Nick Spencer definitively said that he would still be writing Steve Rogers post-Secret Empire
>>Amazing Spider-Man by Dan Slott

What surprises me more is that some retards actually thought Marvel woke up instead of being #woke.

Dude, who the actual FUCK is Summer Glau?

I see I wasn't the only one that reverse searched.

How do you not know the killer of tv shows in the current year? What age are you fellas?

Yep, moved to LA and everything.

I didn't reverse search.

I'm just employing an old meme. I guess I didn't lay it on thick enough, but thanks for the (You)s, have 'em back I suppose.

(To clarify, I didn't mean that in an insulting way. I was on Sup Forums a few days ago and came across genuine 15 year olds talking to each other and wondered what the general age was on here. Could've sworn it was early 20s or older)

>someone who refers to Marvel as "Marlel" is a Marvel shill

The Intern is cunning!

it it's true that he's staying on Cap after SE, i think it could be for a SE Aftermath arc, then another writer will be eased into the book

But Tom King is writing the best selling title.

That guy is a fake fan. Don't pay him any heed.

I did not follow her punisher run at all but I liked the covers, is it any good?

>Kate Leth
>Punisher
What?

I just think she's a qt3.14. I'm much closer to 30 than I am to being a teenager. So you're not wrong.

I guess I'm the only one that sees a picture of an actress and immediately needs to search their name with 'nude' next to it.

oh nvm that was becky cloonan, still wonder if it's good

btw didn't everybody here hate hellcat?

And I bet he'd be a big gay bear in chaps with a tommy gun that shot dildos out of it. Only black dildos.

>Current year
>Watching television

No buying old marvel is fine and recommended since there's a lot of good marvel omnibus out there.

Nah you're good, back on Sup Forums after the Terminator show she sort of vanished and anytime someone brought her up it was just like dude who the hell is that. It was sort of a fun way of trolling newfags.

Unfortunately, now nobody actually knows who the fuck Summer Glau is.

;_;

Marvel is at the point where they do things solely for hype.

They're hoping to build interest through hype rather than actual want, which is a tactic that works with video games but is breaking down in comics

It varies from board to board
Sup Forums has a lot of range because you have old comic fans and early 20s cartoon fans, both longing for the days of their youth

>btw didn't everybody here hate hellcat?
They were being tongue in cheek, user
No one buys hellcat, it sells under 10k IIRC