Shade the Changing Girl #8

storytime

it's my favorite YA title, I hope it doesn't get cancelled, the adventure is just beginning

Gotham seems like a mad place, perfect setting for this journey to beging

has anyone read her new book Soupy Leaves Home?

This issue had some nice set up, but it might have relied too much on the "tourist" aspect of her trip.
I did appreciate one panel

>sub 10k sales
F

Op, you okay?

Not OP, and I'm phoneposting, so forgive any delays

Limited commentary because I can't preview the pages easily before posting.
>Even more confusion as to where Gotham is geographically

Lepuck is suffering

>bachalo square
nice

Way's a millionaire and Shade's the highlight of the line.
It ain't getting cancelled.

The sales on this are so garbage that I simply don't see it going past 12 issues and when it'll get canceled I'll probably fully succumb into depression.

He should've died in that car accident, what have you done Hank, what have you done!?

I can see it lasting to 12. Hopefully 18, but 12 at the minimum.

There's a YA crossover that Way was planning, so I can see it lasting until that.

Thank god River has some sense

fuck crossovers.

YA appeals to the people who trade wait on books, and DC knows this.

Ey, I just read Ghosts. Nice to see Ibsen getting a reference.

Rac Shade threw up madness a lot in the Milligan series

Not seeing the post timer countdown is throwing me off

Morning sickness

>she's a changed girl!

End of Gotham Part 1.

>Getting Teen Pregnant by the soul of your body's previous owner to give birth to your ex.

These are my least favourite backup stories, and I think the next solicited issues have more of them

End of backup
There's some more stuff left

I get they're going for Fab 4 era Beatles but all I can see in the guy without a tie is the Persona 4 protag

Tsk tsk, advertising Mother Panic in DC books today, not Shade, or even Cave.

did she just kill that guy??

Last page.
Comment if I managed to miss a page, this is a pain in the ass on mobile.

Possibly. We don't know if the madness is just illusions and hallucinations or reality warping.

I don't think there are any missing pages.
Still, this book is goood, but I can see why it's not popular. Hopefullly YA titles have more leeway when t comes with cancellation, it would be a shame to see this gone

>it's my favorite YA title
same here. it's a shame it's doing the worse, though I'm not really surprised.

It's my favorite comic right now and one of only 5 comics I genuinely enjoy. I'm going to be real sad when it ends... it's for sure getting canceled soon unless it magically gains some new readers.

It's nice to see a company putting faith in long term sales.
Marvel's policy of everything being a potential stealth mini has left me pretty jaded toward these things.

pregnancy

don't know if you're making fun of him or the title callout

Pump your breaks kid, that's just what some asshole on the internet said and he pulled that straight out of his as. DC has not once said that they're going to let imprint titles slip under 10k or that they're looking into trade sales... nor is it confirmed that trade sales for Young Animal are any good. Remember, the Hanna Barbera line up didn't tolerate bad sales so it's less likely they're tolerated for Young Animal.

Thanks.

It's the madness

Hopefully vertigo has a lower threshold for cancellation

Shade is the true light of Gotham

oh cool, mother panic cameo

user you and I both know the YA books except Doom Patrol are going to sell like ass in every form.

Fuck you Teacup.

Is that speech bubble in the bottom left panel coming from the wrong person?

sub 10k only matters if they're treating it like a normal DC book and not more like a Vertigo one. Lucifer has had sub 10k sales since issue #8 and it's run is going to end up being 19 issues long.

His suffering is a plot point now. Things will happen because of his suffering.

Looks like it.

>I hope it doesn't get cancelled
it is FUCKED UP that we have to worry about this with every title.

It's fucked up that I seem like I only have to worry about this with the really good ones.

Deathstroke seems to be in a decent place

At the very least, they won't cancel it before Priest is done with his story because they probably want to keep Priest on for the long term

Yeah, that's a relief.

She's making the whole city hallucinate, will people think the next day after she's gone that it was another Joker venom attack?

Teacup you useless retarded whore, you know she's currently an alien that's just possessing the body of your bully! Don't give me that excuse. I hope the real one manages to be born as Shade's baby and then one day shits into your mouth as you sleep.

I need to see this happen

Can I skip issue 7? I heard it was a filler

no

>Aliens are welcome here

Unsubtle trash.

It contains all of Loma's backstory, and the events that push Shade to go visit Gotham

haha, time for Shade's Gothfaze

No, the statue killed the guy. Can't you see?

>Shade essentially has a one night stand with the city, shortly after Tim vanishes
>Spirit of Gotham can't get over her and tries to win her back

you don't like it, go back to britain or start speaking cherokee

I love this book a lot.

What's the original Shade run like? Is it as dreamy as this?

She's going to send the costumes out soon, if we have any luck. Maybe she'll run into Top Cat.

one of the best comics to come out of the British Invasion

absolutely bonkers

Original Shade was Ditko writing a Space Adventure.
Peter Milligan in the 1990s remade the character into a trippy road trip. If I can find my files, I'll storytime a single issue

Oh, that would be pleasant.

This might not be the best option for a first issue, but I don't have a whole lot of time (and no Sup Forums pass). This is the first "solo" issue, but is not one of the dreamiest.
The first few issues of Milligan's series were all part of a much larger arc, and that wrapped up at around issues 19-26. The first 19 issues are the ones ones that were collected in trades. The rest of the series is on comixology for digital rips.

Short Summary:
Rac Shade possessed the body of a man who was being electrocuted for his many murders. Kathy, the girl in bed with him, is the daughter of one of "his" last victims.

Well drat, that auto posted. Pictured next to the man is the "American Scream," the antagonist for the early part of the run.

The American Scream was spreading madness and paranoia

This was a guest team for the issue. Shade's madness outbursts were normally more colorful