Alien: Covenant Sequel Reportedly Canceled By Fox

>Fox has reportedly canceled plans for a sequel to 2017’s Alien: Covenant. Prospects for a sequel have long looked shaky, ever since Covenant limped to just $74 million in domestic box office grosses. Even the polarizing Prometheus was able to scare up $126 million in the U.S.

>The sequel to Covenant was originally due to start preproduction this month in Sydney. After the box office results filming was canceled, and a warehouse storage unit full of stuff was auctioned off a few months ago. So the original plan of pumping out another quickly has definitely changed with no immediate plans for anything.

Whoops

NO NO NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Good. Prometheus and Covenant were both shit.

it was so obvious ridley didn't want the xenomorph in the movie but the studio shoved it in there

Just let him do his Android movie shit
everybody's fucking done with the Xenomorphs

Apologize.

Covenant was a pure disappointment. Sad really how these movies turned out.

However I do wonder what will ever happen to this franchise now that Disney owns it. I mean it's everything Disney doesn't do. Horror, sexy female leads, violent gore.

Damn. I know Covenant it wasn't spectacular but I liked the environments, technology and wanted to see the end of the story.

Good. It was complete shit, worse than Prometheus, which was also complete shit.

Should have made Blomkamps alien instead

It might have been worse but with it being aliens 2 it would have been more marketable

Fucking idiots

Disney will just use Fox as a subsidiary to produce the more mature movies.

Ever heard of touchstone? All the adult fox franchises will just be operated under another brand name, or they will just keep the fox name for them.

A PG remake of an old sci-fi action franchise with added hamfisted social commentary directed by a competent yes-man director?

Disney will certainly be making that.

What was wrong with Prometheus?

Links you faggot.

>movie series called Alien
>lets focus on a robot instead

Now maybe Ridley will fuck off and someone else can revive it with the proper focus.

Shit story and script, terrible dialog, terrible casting.

Good. Fuck Ridley Scott.

Who's going to harvest all that wheat?

Elaborate?

But I want spooky aliems

Wrong on all accounts, but OK.

I liked Covenant

I loved Walter

He was the only good part of. I liked David in Prometheus, too.

I heartily recommend the "Paradise" fan-edit that mashes both movies to focus mainly on them.

Good.

let this entire series die please. it has been absolute shit since aliens.

Do they remove anything

Yes, they remove a lot of the human scenes from both movies. Each is about 20 to 30 minutes shorter each to bring the focus to Walter and David.

Covenant was probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my lifetime, in one word it is asinine. The only bigger piece of shit I can think of is Suicide Squad.

Ridley never did anything wrong; Alien and Alien Isolation and Prometheus and Covenant are honestly the best things in the franchise. At least we will get one more Ridley-Alien kino before the jews reboot the thing.

Preadator gonna be kino

casting was fine, but the decision to make the engineer into a murdering retard was weird. the thing is supposed to be the most advanced creature yet it doesnt even try to communicate, it only tried to kill

I liked Covenant and wanted to see the rest of Scott’s vision before he kicks the bucket.

Ridley talked shit to nu star wars obviously mouse got him

Do you talk to and try to understand an ant before you squish it? Humans were to the Engineers what David was to the Humans. Just something they cooked up in a lab.

Overall Prometheus was fine. The big mistake was directly tying it to Covenant. To do so, they had to handwave everything in the movie before it.

Disney’s nuAlien is gonna be announced in a year with no input from Scott. It’s gonna be PG-13 and produced by Kathleen Kennedy

there's actually a scene that didn't make the final cut where they do communicate. I can't remember why they cut it, but it's on youtube. dumb decision for sure

can't wait for PG-13 Alien with quips

can't wait for SJW headlines "Alien franchise finally gets a strong female lead!"

At what moment did this franchise die?

Strong POC female lead. You know it's coming.

Actually, I'd be surprised if they even bother.

Alien 4. The raping Fox did on Alien 3 put it in critical condition.

Already happened

>alien 1-3
>ripley
>prometheus
>shaw
>covenant
>DA McCoy's kid

What am I missing?

Are you retarded? Ridley Scott is honestly one of the dumbest directors working today who was largely kept in check as a young director who hadn't established his name. Now that he has a huge name and can call all the shots, his movies are horrific tangles of half-formed ideas. It's just like Lucas and the prequels vs the original saga.

Ridley Scott is easily, EASILY, the most overrated director of all time.

Good, maybe we can revive the Neill Blomkamp sequel.

what the FUCK is happening here?

That's too bad. I was looking forward to the crazy shit David was going to do with all those human bodies. Film was decent but what happened to Shaw combined with that ending was 10/10

Good.
-Grumpy Cat

>an ant
like engineers were so far above humans? engineers are just bigger and bald, with toilet seat spaceship technology, yet live on the ground in a city that looks like ancient rome

>Ridley Scott is honestly one of the dumbest directors working today
someone finally gets it

Good. Disney has something better planned, which unfortunately Ridley Scott does not fit into.

The chick from the first AvP

>aliens sequel 2019
its TOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAATE FOOOOOR THAAAAAAAT
MOTHERFUCKEEEEEEEEERS

are those ads at the bottom of threads dangerous? accidentally clicked it and it opened the thread in a newtab

> mfw this idiot let normies dictate how he did his films
> mfw Ridley blew his chance to make kino
> mfw money walked this faggot off before he could deliver his kino
> mfw you get a chance and blow it

Dumpster fire. It's going to be a pleasure watching these modern conglomerates burn their franchises alive. Whereas I was maybe going to see 5 films next year its been reduced to one. After Last Jedi, a fuse broke and I can no longer tolerate big box cinema nonsense

Next Alien movie will be a princess story starring Daisy Ridley.
She will play the alien who is now a princess.

i guess disney didn't like the bonus situation

>avp

Sorry, I don't watch fanboy crossover shit.

From their perspective, yes. They couldn't have been more blatant setting up Engineers/Humans and Humans/Androids.

The Engineers in Covenant were the stupidest retcons ever.

>capable of interstellar flight and light technology
>can't even build roads

Did you know that the director and the writer didn't wanted to put Alien to the title of the movie?

The aliens in Covenant weren't the Engineers.
Also the Engineers in prometheus were not the actual Engineers either but androids themselves.

just microwave your phone, it will sterilize the viruses

I shed no tears, Scott fucking butchered the franchise with his shitty prequels.

Holy shit, a film company actually makes a non-retarded decision? Who'd a thunk it?

>31 years after aliens
>still can't top BASED JIM
How the FUCK does he do it, bros?

pls be srs

>but the decision to make the engineer into a murdering retard was weird.

He woke up and David hadn't made him his Tendies yet.

Christ how fucking gullible are you fuckers?

Thanks Mickey. Where's Minnie at in the age of Godess feminism. Oh, in store for 2018? K thanks.

>The aliens in Covenant weren't the Engineers.
>Also the Engineers in prometheus were not the actual Engineers either but androids themselves.

Where is this explained or shown?

And absolutely nothing of value was lost.

just for 30 seconds though
any longer and you'll cause electrical interfitterence

hey aliens 2 was a real concept for a while

>Ridley Scott is easily, EASILY, the most overrated director of all time.

Hey guys, what's going on?

This x1000

What a waste of time and money. I saw that shit on Vmax. Didnt add to the story, there was no plot and characters were still dumbasses. 0.5/10

reminder Isolation is the purest Alien kino

Disney would be wise to give Neil Blomkamp a call now that they own the IP.

But they are still going ahead with Blomkamp's Alien thing though right?

That sucks. I was totally on board with the whole David supervillain stuff.

I've seen it said that Covenant's planet was just another seed planet, but the movie doesn't say that. It's plausible only from a this-is-too-fucking-stupid-to-be-real standpoint.

disney would be wise to own the rights to the first time machine

As far as I know that was vaporware. Now that the mouse is in charge though it's anyone's guess as to what comes next.

Why are people acting like he'd produce something better?

>script, terrible dialog,
I agree but the story was workable, the casting decent and the visual effects were specfuckingtacular.

APOLOGIZE

You want an explicit explanation for your autism? You ain't gonna get one.
Theres plenty of clues though for example the Covenant people being too primitive to have space flight technology. They are welcoming the Engineers when they see the ship arrive.
As for the Engineers in prometheus they breath the toxic air on the planet described in the movie as lethal, something only androids are shown to do not humans. They are also implied to be asexual, lack sex characteristics like nipples.
Its pretty obvious its an Engineer project world. The Engineers still have somesort of connection to it because it's so new.

i was gonna try to do that, luckily someone already did it for me. there should be a good story in there if you just follow david and gloss over the inane ancillary characters

Not sure what you mean by this? If you are capable of googling, you'll see a number of substantial claims about it being shut down. Disney bought fox and it was already on the chopping block before that. In all honesty, I could care less.. Far better AI kino out there and Ridley fucked himself w/ the direction he took w/ covenant in his attempt to address the brainlets that were intellectually stumped by Prometheus.

The only gullible morons are going to be the mega studios who think they can continue this propaganda campaign w/ success going forward. I never went into these films expected much so I was happy to finally be triggered enough to not give a single shit about what comes out of hollywood ever again :
> Ridley played into their bullshit and got walked off
> A potentially great film is no more
My thoughts : Cool. Whatever. These films no longer inspire me or talk about the future anyway.

Actually everybody's fucking done with shit films. The Xenos have tons of potential, especially compared to endless Spider-Man reboots and everything else being done over and fucking over and fucking over and fucking over.

why do the people on the covenant planet look so strikingly similar to the Prometheus engineers?

Actually upset
I pretty much dislike every movie in the series other than Alien, but they're kind of like guilty pleasures of mine

Great counter-argument holy shit so brilliant I believe you completely.

He's a respectful fan of the franchise whereas Scott is a creator who is bored of his own creation.

>make a decent setting
>have decent character interactions
>have good effects
>add fasbender
then
>make every character make the dumbest and worst decision available to them at every given moment
>make the plot dumb too
they were so close to passable. i don't understand how they could be so dumb.

Aliens

^The fact that this still has to be explained to people examples how dumb the average viewer of movies is. You're correct, it clearly was an outpost planet and not the engineer's home world. There are concept art pictures out there that look obviously nothing like what was shown in covenant.

He's still a shitty filmmaker.

Fans making sequels is always a bad idea.

You've captured my sentiment. Even the dumbass normies are done w/ movies being dumbed down to them or being politically overcharged. It doesn't get more worse than that... The solution of the myopic dumbasses in hollywood so far has been to release the dirt on all of the highly paid and skilled actors/actresses and reboot everything w/ soulless young retards who can't act for shit... 2018 is going to be an inferno at the box office lmfao