True kino Star Wars moments

I'll start
>Music stops, doors close one by one
>Obi Wan is many doors down, symbolizing the gap between him and his master.
> Qui Gon is first to turn his saber off, the Jedi are no violent.
>Maul tries to get though it once before turning his off.
>QGJ sits down and meditates. he is one with the force
>Maul stands and is ready to strike at a moment notice, fueled by the dark side
>No words shared, all of it is imagery and it builds tension.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPe-ly0BHM
youtube.com/watch?v=ixjd_GvNRu8
youtube.com/watch?v=aFOo86PDDuE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

It would be interesting if I gave a fuck about Maul and knew a bit about his motivations instead of knowing jarjar blinks inside out.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPe-ly0BHM

Kill yourself reddit

Did anyone actually think he was going to die first time seeing this? I remember this scene being pretty tense and actually shocked that they pulled the trigger on it.

I was surprised that Maul died. Knowing there were 3 movies I thought he was going to be the Darth Vader of the prequels.

anakin vs obi-wan was a good fight tbqhwy

youtube.com/watch?v=ixjd_GvNRu8

Up there with the best scenes in film history.

I spoiled myself reading the back of the cd soundtrack

>need to know the backstory of an assassin

Qui-Gon’s Noble End

Looking back on it you could of had it as Obi Wan's white whale or the source of conflict with in him whether or not to seek vengeance or justice on Maul.

Explaining bobas backstory made him so much more interesting

Blew my 12 year old mind

>maul is the phantom menace
>needing a backstory on a phantom
Day of the mousetrap now disneykike

Only Redditors deal in absolutes

There's a difference between knowing him inside and out and not knowing to the point of not caring

He definitely could've used more screentime

kek

>Day of the mousetrap
Topkek

>day of the mousetrap Disneykike.

He's a sith apprentice of Sidius ordered to kill the jedis what more do you need?

Just shiny light flashing meaninglessly about. No wonder kids that haven't grown up still likes it.

I'm pretty sure you love the nigger science man

I know that Duel of the Fates is the more memorable track but I think that Anakin vs. Obi Wan is probably the strongest piece of music in the PT.

I never questioned this forcefield hallway before but what the fuck was the point to this? these forcefields are not blocking anything

I want to know his story you dumb brainlets. Why did he join the dark side? Who is he? When I was watching the movie I could care less because he's just a random bad baddie like Scones so yea he's just gonna die. Somehow all the morons in this thread are defending that one of the most badass looking evil guys in SW universe doesn't have a backstory at all in a movie that is 50% about jar jar fucking binks. Just neck yourselves you brainlets.

this is peak lightsaber combat

I saw this sequence mimicked everywhere

nothing ever came close since

>Obiwan in the light
>Anakin in the dark
>the last time they meet as friends

From Wookieepedia
Laser gates were installed in the Plasma Refinery Complex on Naboo. The barriers were strong enough to easily block a lightsaber strike and would vaporize any matter that touched them. However, the generators were unable to keep up the immense energy needed to power the gates, and so they would cycle on and off approximately every five minutes. Each gate remained open for only around ten seconds before cycling on again.

Anyone have the pic of Rey's overacting faces?

why the fuck would anyone install laser gates

Holy shit Reddit Letter Media fuck off and study cinema before posting ever again

Best part of Rogue One.

Hmm...well it was part of a plasma refinery. Maybe in the case of something bad happening the gates would stop the plasma from entering the halls? All we can do though is speculate on this.

why dont they all just shoot at the exact same time

Prevents an army from marching in while allowing basic access. It is a horrible idea though.

He's a zabrak who sheev got to make him his apprentice, and you have autism

Even if they were coordinated enough to do that it wouldn't work, Vader can absorb the bolts by using the force, as we seen in ESB. And any shots that got past that and his lightsaber would not stop him as his armor was very tough.

Why did people think this ruined Vaders character when he was always made out to be a literal walking tank?

For me personally it's March on the Jedi Temple.
youtube.com/watch?v=aFOo86PDDuE

Get a brain before replying to me, potato boy

Where in TPM does it explain wtf is a zabrak? And why are you telling me what I already know? Like I said I needed to know more than that in order to care. That's the second biggest problem with this movie after jarjar.

They probably wanted him to just walk straight through the blaster fire without bothering to use his lightsaber. I'm fine either way.

Maul works as a character because he's just a mysterious warrior. he isn't and doesn't claim to be a leader like Snoke

Probably the same people that say he should have just force grabbed the card from the guy's hand.

but WHY, there is no errant plasma or any sort of visible thing that needs to be blocked, and the gates turn on and off for 10 to 20 seconds at a time for no reason at all

Kill yourself 90s born redditfag

It was retarded you fucking faggot.

He comes back in TCW and it's just as kino, watch that if you really care enough about him.

Yea and Obi Wan trying to set an example for Anakin. He could've killed Maul in an act of revenge/rage in front of Anakin which would have led him further down the rabbit hole of the dark side.

Literally, better than the entirety of VII and VIII combined

Maul's motivation is to do whatever the fuck his master tells him to, duh.

Do I look like George Lucus to you user? That's all the info I have. Maybe they had it there to keep stray animals out, vaporizing them.

Maul vs Obi-Wan in Rebels is absolute fucking kino and it perfectly connects back to TPM. Pure poetry, George would be proud.

Underrated as fuck

I thought Sheev was the phantom menace.

This is artless capeshit unlike the dazzling digital concerti of George Lucas' films.

>symbolizing.

There's no symbol. There literally is a gap. He's far away. It's not a symbol of anything you fucking mongoloid.

This is how you do fanservice and still have a narrative purpose.

Who cares, go read a comic book or something if you care so much about "backstory" and "lore", George Lucas makes kino, not filmed radio plays.

Impossible, Sheev isn't a menace he's a nice guy!

>Vader killing Rebels just like he's been doing for years.
Sure.

>That overhead shot of Anakin, hooded, followed by an entourage of Clone Troopers storming into the Jedi Temple.
This scene is pure redemption in my mind. It basically shows how in a single stroke the Empire is born and the Jedi are removed. It also shows how lost Anakin is and how Vader is born.

Well why didn't he just do that?

When are they doing a Qui Gon origin movie? That's the real story we all want to see, not some Han Solo bs

Why do so many people think this is the worst Star Wars movie when Attack of the Clones exists?

>the part where he holds up the Rebel against the ceiling while disarming him with the Force
>he walks past him and just deftly twirls his lightsaber upward to kill him via an abdominal cut as if swatting a fly
>that James Earl Jones voice when he is reintroduced
>mfw

I just want more Sheev desu

peter cushing and christopher lee Played big roles in hammer horror Movies...Later in the OT Cushing played Grand Moff Tarkin...Then in the PT Lee played count dooku...What a fantastic thing to find out

He takes over the planet of Mandalore? Wtf?

Wow what an interesting character, 2deep4me

>Snoke's just a baddie bad bad who wants to do whatever baddie bad bads want to do

TLJ is on par with the rest of the brainlet shitshow that is the whole of SW. Took me this long to realize it, shame on me I guess.

This would have been great bait but you gave yourself away by extending too far.

user, he was being shot at

Ok, that actually looks good.

only kino moment of the prequels

>"choke on your ambition" is still fucking retarded

yep I remember when that leaked, fucking hell.

>MAULED.com

>Count Dooku
Am I one of the few people who really likes Count Dooku? Not saying he's hated, but people seem really indifferent to him. I thought he had the best lightsaber and an interesting backstory.

this was my sentiment upon leaving the theatre in 1999

Only part of Rouge One I enjoyed, reminded me of why I used to be scared of Vader as a kid.

>One thing that I remember about the last days of the republic was, how quiet it was

He's just an assassin so you shouldn't need to know much about his character, if it's really that important then just watch the arcs about him and Ventress in the clone wars.

He unites the entire crime syndicate. Mandalorian Clan Visla, the Pykes, the Black Sun.

It's pretty fucking sick.

There's a sizeable amount of people who like him. He also placed more favourably on a recent poll than Snoke.

Because we didn't need to see it.

>nu-wars
no-thanks

He killed the mandalore so they make him his leader

he’s criminally underused. Introducing him almost two hours into Attack of the Clones was mind boggling

>Vader has never made dry jokes before.
It was fine. He was reminding Krennic he doesn't give a fuck about the Empire's internal power struggles.

That's the entire fight.

And don't be fooled. After Disney took over, they pumped out an even shittier, more kid-friendly cartoon in the form of Rebels. Moments like these are few and far between.

Why is yellow Darth Maul bullying red Darth Maul?

Oh damn, I didn't really know that. He's hardly ever discussed.
I agree. I definitely wish he featured more.

Dooku has the most elegant and kino lightsaber style

I agree, but hearing his smooth, deep timbre after 10 years was great

>Obi Wan is many doors down, symbolizing the gap between him and his master.
Explain this "gap" because in 20 seconds he's going to defeat the guy who defeats his master. The prequels are shit.

thank fuck Obiwan gets to kill revived maul

it was such bs bringing maul back undoing young obiwan's victory at least he gets to reclaim the credit

Attack of the Clones is actually the second best Star Wars movie and Lucas' third best overall.
His character is revealed in his gestures, appearance, context, camera movements etc., do you really want everything spelled out for you in plain text? Who is the real brainlet here?

>You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.

Rebels isn't that bad, Filoni made do with a bad situation. He had to go from having a huge budget and the guidance of George Lucas, to thrown into the deep end with much less of a budget on his own.

Rebels is a different kind of show, but it still has its moments and is worth watching. It feels no different to ANH in terms of pacing, storytelling, violence, ect. Calling it "kid-friendly" is stupid too - Star Wars is for 12 year olds, always has been, always will be. Sometimes it gets edgier, when it served the story, but nothing is ever inappropriate for 12 year olds.

>Why is yellow Darth Maul bullying red Darth Maul?
Manlets, when will they learn?

Daily reminder that we thought it was dumb bullshit they killed off Qui-Gon and Darth Maul in a stupid way in the first movie.

Daily reminder mouseshills claiming killing Snoke and Luke in the second movie was somehow "bold". Even George came up with that turd 20 years ago.

Rapier style with some slashes actually looks good.