Why did they stop making video game versions of capeshit?

Why did they stop making video game versions of capeshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E5HM1ZsVYRc
youtu.be/K4zm30yeHHE
youtu.be/55cHsXiDr2s
youtu.be/Sc4OPuXOE1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody was buying them

do you mean video game adaptations of capeshit movies, or just capeshit video games? because capeshit video games do still exist

I have that game. Played it a lot.

I mean literal adaptations of capeshit films.

I.E X-Men 2:Wolverine's Revenge, Iron Man the Game. Superman Returns etc

Loved that game.
Spider-Man meets GTA Vice City.

had it on ps2, one of my favorite games from childhood. id love taking random criminals to the top of the empire state building and throwing them down while i web spun my way down to watch them get killed

They come out too fast now and are not memorable at all.

Because the quality was usually never good bar a few.

The time it takes to create a good film AND good accompanying game is way too long. Most of the game adaptations were very rushed and barely showed anything the film didn't.

The Spiderman 2 game was a classic though.

Who remembers this?

>dat Oscorp stealth mission which was hard as fuck
>dat Bruce Campbell narrating the tutorial
>dem thugs wrapped in web jumping around until you swinged kicked them from the top of buildings
>dat Scorpion battle at the central station
>dem alex ross paintings on the extras
>dat Green Goblin mode in which you were Harry and fire came out when you ran

Boy dash levels were the shit

>search for criminals at the top of buildings
>don't even bothe punching them
>just web them and make them spin until you get bored and throw them down to the street far below

I don't know but I'm going to blame Disney's monopoly

They did? Someone should tell Sony that before they release a new Spiderman game in next year.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5HM1ZsVYRc

They literally stopped making them after the MCU.

Even Batman Begins had a game version.

Probably coz theirs TOO MUCH capeshit these days.

'The game will tell a new story about Spider-Man and is not tied to a film, comic book or video game.'

OP's talking about games that are based on the films.

Even though it's a different story it only exists because they're making Spider-man movies again. So it is somewhat tied to it, marketing wise.

Same reason we don't get many Star Wars games anymore except for EA Front

I think the movies are not unique anymore, there is tons of capeshit and spin offs pass off a bad vibe that they are just cashing in on the movie without any concern for quality. Which they might as well be doing, but now they disguise it as another Spiderman or whatever capeshit game.

Back then, there were very little capeshit movies and they were more of an event, they drew new crowds towards the character and so they reproduced the movie in game form. Now everyone knows who they are, they don't need that close association with the movie to work.

i gotta get pizzzzzzza delivered

because capeshit is literally video games on screen

Cheaper and more profitable to make p2w cell phone movie games.

I loved the extremely limited dialogue
Every guard: “*stretch* ugh, god”

The video game industry bubble is probably popping harder than the hollywood bubble currently is

>Punk!

My first vidya.

They don’t get a full development cycle a normal video game does. They have to be rushed to come out at the same time as the movie so they’re always rushed unfinished rehash garbage.

how fucking old are you

>speed up building time
>"that will be $600 baka gaijin"

They do occasionally. Deadpool was the last one I remember. The Amazing Spider-Man films had video games made by Beenox.

There are still a few tie-in games released like Snoopy, Monster High, Cars 3 and The Mummy Demastered. Activision and WB Games mostly go through with publishing them.

Making videogames became kinda expensive for the second half of the 7th gen of console.

I'd wager a guess that it is the decline of the rental market. These titles would get rented because it was something new, something you recognized, and was a relatively safe bargain in terms of enjoyment. However, when renting games died, and we were left with only buying games, nobody really wanted to invest in these when they were all pretty 'okish', with little replayability, so companies stopped making them.

It's the best one.

>tfw will never rent games for easy achievements again

>tfw webbing up bad guys and taking them to the top of the Empire State Building to drop them

deadpool wasn't a movie game, DUMB DUMB

they still make them. youtu.be/K4zm30yeHHE

The PSX/Dreamcast Spiderman games were kino. It had the best writing, setting, and characters along with a bunch of really cool costumes to unlock. It's a classic.
also the first one had a god tier sound track, I wish Tommy Tallarico would release the full OST in HD like they did with Mysterios theme and the police chase theme
youtu.be/55cHsXiDr2s
youtu.be/Sc4OPuXOE1Q

>Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Game
Unironically one of my favorite games ever, the suspense and the anxiety of not having ammo and having to use your smarts and spears with bugs on them to stay alive was fucking top tier.

Games are expensive and movies are expensive and usually movie games are not good (with some exceptions) so they cut their losses

There's going to be a Spider-Man game coming out next May however